slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Pittsburgh at Green Bay

This is my "curiosity" game of the week this week. I've taken the Steelers giving points twice so far and gotten burned twice. I've also been getting burned giving Green Bay points. So, maybe out of frustration, I'm taking Green Bay getting the points at home. Thoughts?

Also, who will start at QB for the Steelers?

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    This is my "curiosity" game of the week this week. I've taken the Steelers giving points twice so far and gotten burned twice. I've also been getting burned giving Green Bay points. So, maybe out of frustration, I'm taking Green Bay getting the points at home. Thoughts?

Also, who will start at QB for the Steelers?
    Sometimes you latch on to a team or two and no matter what you do, it's wrong ... Kill 2 birds with 1 stone here and pass on this game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Sometimes you latch on to a team or two and no matter what you do, it's wrong ... Kill 2 birds with 1 stone here and pass on this game.
    Good advice. There are a lot of variables on this game... Plus it's obvious I don't "get" the trends with these two teams.

Green Bay is the local team here, so I've seen every game this season. I like betting teams with which I have a lot of information. I knew going into this season, that this was going to be a down year. (Picking Rogers in the first round was the writing on the wall.) But, I've really been amazed by the inability of this team to quit. They've gone through worse than I anticipated, losing Green and Walker, yet the defense is improving, and I think other players are stepping up on offense. Even if/when they get mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I don't see any quit in this team. With the quality of play in the NFC North this year, I don't see them as being that far out of the division race. A home win over Pittsburgh is realistically a springboard to redemption.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely passing on this one, but if I had to take a side it would be The Pack and the points at Lambeau.

Senator 7

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Take GB with the points at home....pitt looked very weak on MNF and GB has been competitive in all thier games.

They are starting to remind me of the 2001 Detroit Lions ball club who were in every game but lost just about everyone.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is one of two NFL games (Chargers @ Jets was the other) that I convinced myself that both sides were the right side, and had to pass as a result.

On the one hand, Pittsburgh looked terrible on MNF, is coming off a short week, and is laying 6 points at Lambeau Field against a Green Bay team that has lost by more than a touchdown only once this year.
    On the other hand, Pittsburgh is a much better road team than home team, and Green Bay has shockingly been a losing proposition at home the past year+. Also, Green Bay is clueless at stopping the run, and that is always the Steelers M.O.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I briefly got a scare and thought I'd already bet on this game (with Charlie Batch starting at QB for the Steelers). I'm glad to say I did not bet this game, and won't touch it with a ten-foot pole. It is a curiousity though.