bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 Dallas Cowboys Season breakdown

This years Dallas Cowboys team brings in a sideshow attraction in Terrel Ownes into big D. Already we can see signs of potential problems between Parcels and T.O.-- Although, I doubt these training camp problems will carry over into the regular season i still remain skeptical.

Team Strengths

This team does seem pertty loaded offensively, with Drew Bledsoe running the show, along with T.O., Terry "she" Glenn, and Julius Jones. The Cowboys also have a very good TE in Jason Witten. This offense has the potential to be very explosive this season.

Team Weaknesses

As good as the Boys offense might appear, the O-line I feel is very average. There was some injuries last year, and the tackle postion is up for grabs but could improve as the season continues.

2006 Cowboys Schedule:

@Jacksonville
    Washington
    @Tennessee
    @Philadelphia
    Houston
    NY Giants
    @Carolina
    @Washington
    @Arizona
    Indianapolis
    Tampa Bay
    @NY Giants
    New Orleans
    @Atlanta
    Philadelphia
    Detroit

The Cowboys I feel could pose a real threat in the playoffs if T.O. is kept in check by Parcels the entire season, but I just can't bank on that at all. My projection is Dallas will go 9-7 this season.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think T.O. distracts away from the real problem in Dallas:
    Bledsoe.
    Sure he can pass and sure he has some VERY nice receiving options.. And yes, Parcells teams FIND a way to run the ball...
    But in looking at their schedule, plus knowing how Bledsoe melts down over the course of the season (he does it EVERY year now, at his age), I think Dallas is likely a 7-9 team (8 wins at BEST).... I'm actually leaning towards 6-10.. With or without T.O. I think Owens makes them better, but how much better do receivers make teams? 1-2 wins/year at best. I can't see any situation that proves otherwise. Receivers are over-rated like that, even when they are the best, IMO.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if anyone can squeeze the most of his talent it's Parcels. Lets face it he knows how to push all the right buttons on his players, and that right there is probly worth a win or two.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I agree with you there, but the Tuna is worth 3-4 wins/year usually in my eyes, but look at the team he has there now...
    He squeezed a LOT last year for what? That team was freakin baaad.

They really aren't that much better this year, eith. That's my opinion, though. T.O. was their biggest addition and their young talent became more seasoned... But their QB position didn't - it just got older (and no Keyshawn, IMO, is a HUGE loss there, he was worth a win or 2 - even with Glenn making so many SICK catches - just due to his ability to convert in big spots and keep drives alive).

The "tuna" is Iconic to me, but I think he's in the wrong place to really construct a winner down in Dallas.
    I know Dallas fans think/hope I'm wrong - but I don't think I am. I think Jerry Jones is terrible and basically ruined a team that could've easily won at least another Superbowl... He just doesn't know talent like the Tuna does. It's a waste of coaching talent having Big Bill down in Dallas. He could get to the Superbowl in 5-6 OTHER teams in the NFC right now IMO.