Nathanuel
    Nathanuel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Reverse line movement

Can someone in layman's terms explain reverse line movement?

I'm under the impression it's where a line moves out but Moneyline shortens is that correct?

dannydiceman
    dannydiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanuel View Post
    Can someone in layman's terms explain reverse line movement?

I'm under the impression it's where a line moves out but Moneyline shortens is that correct?
    https://www.sportsinsights.com/how-t...line-movement/

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

IMO it means dick....but that is just one opinion .

Ardy
    Ardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Text book definition: when majority of bets are placed on one side but the line moves the other way.

Reality definition: Just another method books and scamdicappers use to con you out of your money.

Believers will tell you it helps track where "sharp" money is going, but it doesn't.

You can choose what you want to believe, but gather all the info you can and THEN make an informed decision.

Before you decide it has merit, ask yourself a couple questions (ones that the faithful like to ignore):

1- Who is supplying you with the info and betting %'s that the moves are based on?
    The books. The same guys that exist to TAKE your money.
    I know for a fact not all info is reported accurately, some books use it to influence incoming money so they can balance their action.

2 - At the book, we called certain players sharps for a reason - they won more than they lost, as our tracking systems confirmed. So, if the believers have knowledge of where sharp money is going how come they don't bet sports for a living? How come they never post their plays in the forum and show a winning record? Why do the "SHARP MONEY!" threads they start always end after a few weeks at best?

Common sense will always steer you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Ardy; 01-15-20 at 03:37 PM.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    Text book definition: when majority of bets are placed on one side but the line moves the other way.

Reality definition: Just another method books and scamdicappers use to con you out of your money.

Believers will tell you it helps track where "sharp" money is going, but it doesn't.

You can choose what you want to believe, but gather all the info you can and THEN make an informed decision.

Before you decide it has merit, ask yourself a couple questions (ones that the faithful like to ignore):

1- Who is supplying you with the info that the moves are based on?
    I know for a fact not all info is reported accurately, some books use it to influence incoming money so they balance their action.

2 - At the book, we called certain players sharps for a reason - they won more than they lost, as our tracking systems confirmed. So, if the believers have knowledge of where sharp money is going how come they don't bet sports for a living? How come they never post their plays in the forum and show a winning record?

Common sense will always steer you in the right direction.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10450

what websites best identify reverse line movement?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    ...1- Who is supplying you with the info and betting %'s that the moves are based on?
    I know for a fact not all info is reported accurately, some books use it to influence incoming money so they can balance their action...
    This is absolutely true. I too know this for a fact.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

One day I noticed this ice hockey team with a start of season form of 0-5, no OTs.

The next game, sharp money was all over them, the line dropped from like +400 to +200, and they won 4:1 or so. Coincidence? I think not.