RUG
    RUG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

ATS against the spread record

I think i must be missing something regarding ATS against the spread records for teams.

Often see tipsters write up for/against a side referring to the frequency of beating the spread.

I consider the "spread" to be a handicap in positive or negative points applied to the sides of the bet - so in my mind a team's performance against the spread is more an indication of the efficiency of Vegas predicting their performance ?
    (i expect the spread will be somewhat influenced by the money the book expects to take either side too).

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

ATS record is not a very valuable tool

the only possible advantage might be a team is overperforming of what the market expects and in theory this could imply the current line still has not adjusted enough to account for the current performance ATS. I highly doubt this is worth much value, ADvanced bettors adjust very quickly and compensate very well especially recent results. I think it is the same thing as saying it will be black cause its been 10 blacks in a row or it will be red because it has been too many blacks in a row! its not very valuable. if you want to see the value of a capper, see how that capper has done against the line over his last 10-20 games, that will give you a real easy and quick glance at the possibility of skill.

RUG
    RUG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Thanks Danshan11, i appreciate the explanation.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

best of luck