Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Who offers a final four parlay?

Looking to parlay the regional winners. Cant find any books that offer this type of wager.Has anyone seen this offered?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Parlay your 4 picks each round.

If you are right, you might be in a pretty good spot. You can also bank the wins from earlier rounds, and not have to have them go all the way.

Otherwise, get into a bracket contest and have your 4 teams there and hope some of the other games propel you to money.

I suppose there are other ideas, like an open parlay for each of your teams. 4 open parlays and let each team ride their own.

More than one way to skin this cat.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Parlay your 4 picks each round.

If you are right, you might be in a pretty good spot. You can also bank the wins from earlier rounds, and not have to have them go all the way.

Otherwise, get into a bracket contest and have your 4 teams there and hope some of the other games propel you to money.

I suppose there are other ideas, like an open parlay for each of your teams. 4 open parlays and let each team ride their own.

More than one way to skin this cat.
    Oh ya, you mean moneyline parlay my 4 teams every round.i wonder if the value will be similar.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Thanks kvb

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Oh ya, you mean moneyline parlay my 4 teams every round.i wonder if the value will be similar.
    The odds (not sure about actual value) wiil probably not be similar as having to get them all right, all the way through.

Because you can win the first rounds and bank that, then do the next round, then your odds will be less than if you could set a parlay from the outset.

If you can make one open parlay with all four teams and leave enough spots to add all four teams in each round, then you've got something with meaning for sure.

Value or not.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Fanduel certainly does.

I did this:
    Kent State
    Memphis
    VCU
    UC Santa Barbara

$0.10 to win $927,401.40
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave d2bets 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave d2bets 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave d2bets 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave d2bets 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Fanduel certainly does.

I did this:
    Kent State
    Memphis
    VCU
    UC Santa Barbara

$0.10 to win $927,401.40
    I would do that in a second.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Fanduel certainly does.

I did this:
    Kent State
    Memphis
    VCU
    UC Santa Barbara

$0.10 to win $927,401.40
    I need offshore, definitely worth the shot

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Fanduel certainly does.

I did this:
    Kent State
    Memphis
    VCU
    UC Santa Barbara

$0.10 to win $927,401.40

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Never done an open parlay before. going to have to look into that.is that like an if bet?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Never done an open parlay before. going to have to look into that.is that like an if bet?
    No. You don't need to designate your next play in an open parlay.

Say I have an open two pick parlay. I can pick a game now and leave one spot open.

I can then fill that spot with any game I want. There are rules sometimes about what you can do and about how long you let it hang.

Say I like 3 games today. I can open a 5 pick parlay (or somtimes considered a 3 pick parlay with two open spots), bet the three games and if they win it's still alive for whatever I want to put in on some other day.

It lasts until you use all the open spots and win or you lose a play. The odds continue to recalculate. It's a tremendous tool for both fun and equity.

Seen guys be 15 picks deep at 5 dimes and lose the last leg. We used play a "who's gonna hedge first pool" among some of my pro friends. First step was to get like 8 or 10 picks deep of a 12 or 15 legger and then see who would freak out and start hedging or who had the balls to stay straight. That's what bored pros do for fun....lmao.

Miss those days. There was nothing like 5 dimes in that respect.

I still use open parlays to this day.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

From a value perspective the open paraly has been very useful.

A lot of times the market is restricted by just how much, despite the ignornace of the public, they can charge in price.

Tennis gets away with a lot for a favorite, large moneylines outright. MLB has been pushing and breaking that -300 and more line as well.

But the fact is, some favorites are just more likely than the cost to come through. You can add these up over time and take advantage of the area where there actually can be value as the public stops paying for the favorite and may even start taking the dog.

Lines get out of whack all across the market spectrum. It's not just the coin flip that pays +125 that's a beauty, sometimes that -270 really is worth -400 and you want some of it.

You gotta eat when it's good.

Shit, buy some for the ladies as well...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...Seen guys be 15 picks deep at 5 dimes and lose the last leg. We used play a "who's gonna hedge first pool" among some of my pro friends. First step was to get like 8 or 10 picks deep of a 12 or 15 legger and then see who would freak out and start hedging or who had the balls to stay straight. That's what bored pros do for fun....lmao.
    I want to clarify this and add some context. This is about breaking discipline. If you make a two pick parlay and win the first game, then you hedge out of the second just to get profit, then why did you make the parlay? If you are playing with an edge, you eat it up doing stupid shit like that.

Unless circumstances change, like an injury, don't hedge that. Same thing with a 3 or 4 pick. If you win 3, and hedge that night game, why the fukk did even make a 4 pick to being with?

We took that same mentality to the open 10-25 pick parlay...lmao.

If you're up to 9 picks, and want to hedge, why the fuk did open a 10 pick?

Of course, in reality, you don't the final value of your parlay like the other examples. If you hit a couple of low odd plays in there, you could be looking at a hefty sum.

It might not be an injury, but curcumstances do sort of change at that moment.

Good times.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't tell you how many times people had wished they hedged, but didn't just to win a much smaller side bet with friends in the pool.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Great knowledge kvb.thanks for spreading the wisdom. I just checked Bovada right now and they finally opened the parlay for regional winners.i got two 1seeds,one 2 seed and a 5 seed.
    25 to win 8,325
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Nate rasta 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

I want to clarify this and add some context. This is about breaking discipline. If you make a two pick parlay and win the first game, then you hedge out of the second just to get profit, then why did you make the parlay? If you are playing with an edge, you eat it up doing stupid shit like that.

Unless circumstances change, like an injury, don't hedge that. Same thing with a 3 or 4 pick. If you win 3, and hedge that night game, why the fukk did even make a 4 pick to being with?

We took that same mentality to the open 10-25 pick parlay...lmao.

If you're up to 9 picks, and want to hedge, why the fuk did open a 10 pick?

Of course, in reality, you don't the final value of your parlay like the other examples. If you hit a couple of low odd plays in there, you could be looking at a hefty sum.

It might not be an injury, but curcumstances do sort of change at that moment.

Good times.
    I think 6 or 7 is my limit lol.if I hit that I'd rather start over than try to go for 10 or 12

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 873

Fanduel certainly does.

I did this:
    Kent State
    Memphis
    VCU
    UC Santa Barbara

$0.10 to win $927,401.40
    Just win baby!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Unibet allow it (Kambi)

Points Awarded:

Nate rasta gave Optional 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.