ThE gUrU 99
    ThE gUrU 99's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets goooo knickkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    ill be at the Garden tomorrow for the Celtics game... cant wait
    Knicks played Boston tough at Boston early in the regular season before they were clicking like this.

Won't be surprised to see this one go to the wire or the Knicks take it straight up.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post

Shhhhhh. Hushhhh now. Melo KNICKS 4EVER. MECCAAA Whooooooooo.

SWBET
    SWBET's Avatar Become A Pro!

He'll be on the Nets before the deadline

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Who in their right mind would choose the piece of shit Nets over the Knicks?

Play with Felton/Amare/Gallo/Fields/chandler or with farmar/lopez/harris/outlaw?

Man, what a tough call!

k22t
    Nationals to win the World Series +800
    k22t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade, LeBron, Bosh > Kobe, Gasol, Odom > Amare, Melo, Felton. Knicks wont beat either of those 2 teams, slow your horses pal

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

Play with Felton/Amare/Gallo/Fields/chandler or with farmar/lopez/harris/outlaw?

Man, what a tough call!
    Put the gambling book down and learn a thing or 2 about basketball, maybe you'll get it.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Put the gambling book down and learn a thing or 2 about basketball, maybe you'll get it.
    I see no reasoning on your response, but I didn't expect it coming from you anyway.

demens
    Square -910

There is more to it then a "piece of shit Team X" and Player B/C/F/Z

You're not worth giving reasons to anyway, like i said, you wouldn't get it.

hoya
    hoya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Straight from the posted article:

According to a person with direct knowledge of Anthony's strategy, he recently became entrenched in his desire to agree to an extend-and-trade only if the deal sent him to the Knicks. The person who provided this information could not have been more unequivocal -- and could not have been closer to Anthony's inner circle.

On Tuesday, a rival executive familiar with the Nets' months-long efforts to land Melo corroborated Anthony's Knicks-only stance, telling CBSSports.com of New Jersey, "They got word that Melo will not sign there. They can't get it done."

Yep he's definitely going to the Nets...

Pauulzcappin

I guess Melo knows more about baskets than a point-bettor/basher/Nets fan.

demens
    Square -910

Welcome to 3 days ago bud. Let me tell you a secret. My source tells me Melo is gonna play for Maccabi Haifa next season, they have already started clearing cap for him. And you know what else. My source was just as unequivocal as the one in your story.

This is how news works buddy, none of of shit means anything until the day something actually happens. Did you not follow basketball during the summer, because he was a Knicks like 10 times already if not more and all the sources were close to the situation or whatever phrase they like to use.

Here, watch this vid, maybe it'll make some sense.
    http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ces-uncovered/

demens
    Square -910

I guess Melo knows more about basketball than a point-bettor/Nets fan.
    I guess you know Melo now.

Are you the source in the article maybe.

You 2 clowns must have missed the report denying that bs that came out the next day.

And guess what, the original report and the one denying it are both bullshit. Try to figure that one out.

hoya
    hoya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

It's just the media doing their thing. Maybe it's total BS and Melo actually does want to sign long term with a garbage team. Who knows.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

you do realize that he isn't the one calling the shots right? The nuggets get to choose where he goes.

Man, what a tough call!

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo is kinda good but not great

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

you do realize that he isn't the one calling the shots right? The nuggets get to choose where he goes.

He will be is he still insists on not resigning with any team he did not choose.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by TGHMak View Post
    He will be is he still insists on not resigning with any team he did not choose.
    Even if you buy into that BS, Melo will change his tune very quickly when the picture with the new CBA becomes clear and he realizes how much money he stands to lose. That'll show you just how much he really wants to be a Knick.

Other then that, there are some teams out there like the Bobcats for example that would make the trade for him even without the extension.

Everyone involved has some leverage, but Melo is not in a situation where he is calling the shots and only leverage the team he wants to play for has is that he wants to play for them. I dont think that'll be enough to get anything done.

demens
    Square -910

Twitter rumor mill is on fire with Melo to the Nets talk (again). Whats the matter. Is this bs not worthy of your attention now? What makes the other bs news more worthy?

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

I'd strongly consider waiting until after the season so I could possibly sign Carmelo for less money and not give up any players.

NYSportsGuy210

You really are retarded dude....first of all Boondock Saints was a joke of a white trash movie as one i have ever seen. Totally Christ garbage which shows how unintelligent you truly are.

Secondly, Melo doesn't have a choice to where he goes THIS YEAR....next years he's a free agent though. If New Jersey wants to trade for him this year and give up their future without signing him long term that's their idiotic business.

But Melo, unlike LeBron.....knows a winning team when he sees one and won't be a Net in 2011.

kman27
    kman27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    You really are retarded dude....first of all Boondock Saints was a joke of a white trash movie as one i have ever seen. Totally Christ garbage which shows how unintelligent you truly are.

Secondly, Melo doesn't have a choice to where he goes THIS YEAR....next years he's a free agent though. If New Jersey wants to trade for him this year and give up their future without signing him long term that's their idiotic business.

But Melo, unlike LeBron.....knows a winning team when he sees one and won't be a Net in 2011.
    Then Melo would come to chicago...

NYSportsGuy210

He wants to go to NY Knicks though....hello.

kman27

He wants to go to NY Knicks though....hello.
    Chicago was/is the best team to go if he knows winners. He wont win with the knicks, and does he even fit in that system? Because i dont think carmelo can fit in the knicks system.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by kman27 View Post
    Chicago was/is the best team to go if he knows winners. He wont win with the knicks, and does he even fit in that system? Because i dont think carmelo can fit in the knicks system.
    Dude that's your opinion. Considering you're a Bulls fan of course you'll say this.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by kman27 View Post
    So you're saying teams never change tactics?

kman27

Dude that's your opinion. Considering you're a Bulls fan of course you'll say this.
    Its not only mine, but many others would agree. The Bulls have the best team to offer to these "superstars" If you think the Knicks have a better team to offer. Youre being biased, just ssaying because you said Melo knows how to pick a winning team.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

First off, I heard that the league is adamant any new CBA not have old contracts grandfathered in. Second, its entirely possible the Nuggets will just wait till the end of the season and not trade him because after the fiasco in Miami the league is going to demand the next CBA have a franchise tag.

demens
    Square -910

The whole shpeel about Melo knowing winning unlike Lebron and you think he chooses Knicks?

Knicks being his place of choice has jack shit to do with winning. Chicago is winning. And i'm no Bulls fan.

kman27

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    So you're saying teams never change tactics?
    No of course not. But what im saying is a coach is going to use his system, then they will find players to fit that systems. With the right system, the player will excel. If you put Amare in a Portland style offense, do you think he will be succesful? I think carmelo is a top player no question, but what i wonder is how effective will other be because of the addition of him and having to change the style of play.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys he wants to go to the Knicks his wife lives hear and he will not sign an extension with any other team...he will force the nuggets hand and they will have no choice but to get a deal done wth Knicks, unless they want to end up losing him after the season and not get anything for him.

kman27

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    The whole shpeel about Melo knowing winning unlike Lebron and you think he chooses Knicks?

Knicks being his place of choice has jack shit to do with winning. Chicago is winning. And i'm no Bulls fan.

Thank you

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    First off, I heard that the league is adamant any new CBA not have old contracts grandfathered in. Second, its entirely possible the Nuggets will just wait till the end of the season and not trade him because after the fiasco in Miami the league is going to demand the next CBA have a franchise tag.
    Good luck trying to explain what the CBA is to a knick fan.

First 1234 Last