IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Nuggets

Are they for real? Top seed in the West right now, which is to say they're 3.5 games ahead of 6th in the West (6th avoids the play-in these days).

I think they've played poorly so far. Murray is not all the way back so that's the main thing. Porter way up & down -gigantic rollercoaster for the kid. Gordon disappointing also. Their defense however v.good. Gordon/ KCP/ Brown/ Nnaji -these are all decent perimeter defenders.

Celtics visit tonight (1/Jan). Everybody gets up for the Celtics, for they are the East champs. Nuggets got routed in the prior meeting -an embarrassing meltdown. I think they handle this as 2pt dogs. They've got the MVP afterall. Payback!

IBetYou

Jokic loves Gordon; calls him the heart & soul of the team. He doesn't have great teammates outside of Murray tbf! My personal opinion is he's terribly disappointing offensively and not quite elite defensively. For a forward he is slow! -that hurts him on both ends of the floor.

Nuggets appear a good dark horse pick to win it all because the defense is there, and when you have Jokic #1 and Murray #2 the offense is going to be good.

IBetYou

Just read Murray is questionable. Whoops! lol bit sloppy there. Don't think it's a deal breaker though. More Jokic, more defense from the role players.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

I think right now the Nuggets are the class of the West but the West is loaded and there are many teams that could make a deep run in the postseason if not make it all the way to the Finals.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1003

Nuggets cruise tonite vs celtics. Celtics fading overall

Can the nuggets win the conference, possible, I'd waut for trades/injuries or playoffs start. We'll have a better picture then, unless you think the nuggets odds will change

Way to beat that leprechaun ass tonite

IBetYou

Jokic only played 32mins... 30 & 12 & 12, 10/13

Nuggets in Minny tonight. 7th game in 11 days, and going against a reeling opponent... trap game?

budwiser

Nuggets +500 to win the conference. Tough game tonight vs woodchuckers, anybody's game

Fyi all that nets futures $ that value it's gone. Nets east conf +370 title +685 at pinnacle, back to what it should have been imo. Futures writers dropped the ball it was at +900 and +2200 just a few weeks ago

Spankyf
    Spankyf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Great shout last night and I am going for Minnesota tonight. Risky business.

Managed to get 7.0 on Nets for East in November based on your post back them Budwiser

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyf View Post

Managed to get 7.0 on Nets for East in November based on your post back them Budwiser
    Cool ur sitting pretty loe risk high return

Nets hottest team in nba

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyf View Post

I'm tempted but will swerve. Nuggets are a team I want to be betting not fading.

Might add I thought the T'Wolves would take a leap this season with Gobert. In the opening weeks people said their struggles were because twin towers lineups don't work but Towns has been out of the lineup a while and it still hasn't clicked. Injuries a factor mind... Mcclaughlin & Prince key players in that 2nd unit that have been sorely missed.

budwiser

cavs mitchell with 71 including a game-tying shot off a missed free throw to go to ot.

budwiser

how about pinnacle atlantic division cavs +200 bux -300 at pinnacle...nobody else has a chance

cavs a shot at a double or what? young team? bux with middleton injured? mitchell going off with 71?

guys who make these odds are asleep

who would ever put down -300 for the bux division

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    how about pinnacle atlantic division cavs +200 bux -300 at pinnacle...nobody else has a chance

cavs a shot at a double or what? young team? bux with middleton injured? mitchell going off with 71?

guys who make these odds are asleep

who would ever put down -300 for the bux division
    I prefer to bet the games personally. Not worth tying up money long term when injuries can so easily affect it.

IBetYou

Mitchell is a selfish player. This will be the highlight of his career -something he will tell his grandkids about. He doesn't work well with the other stars Garland & Mobley -this limits their ceiling imo.

IBetYou

Which team do you think will be hottest ATS from now to the AS break budwiser, gun to ya head? I'm going Blazers... they showed promise in the opening weeks before injuries hit. Getting healthy now -still missing Little & Winslow. Poised to make waves I think.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Which team do you think will be hottest ATS from now to the AS break budwiser, gun to ya head? I'm going Blazers... they showed promise in the opening weeks before injuries hit. Getting healthy now -still missing Little & Winslow. Poised to make waves I think.
    i don't know enough about the western conference. been following too much nets, i can tell you every postgame everything...

the Nets will cool down. All this love for the coach has to end, the winning streak will end. They will try to stay hot to get the #1 seed and have the #2 and #3 battle it out, that being the celtics and whoever else. but they will lose a game soon. the question is can they keep this love for the coach and teammates alive into and through the playoffs. imo they will because so many of these guys have something to prove-vaughn that he's a great coach, durant wants to win a championship bad, both kyrie and simmons have public relations work to do, you got warren out to prove he's an elite player, watanabe is playing for millions, claxton wants to be a star...the team is loaded with motivation like no other team that i know of. i also fear injury for the team, they are loaded with guys with injury history. they have the highest ceiling of any team in the nba, 3 stars (durant, irving, simmons) as starters, and a solid bench...IF they stay healthy and on the same page. vaughn is doing a tremendous job, a balancing act he learned from pop the right way, he gets the guys to play, and play defense

i know that doesn't help, but you don't want a bs answer that i just don't have. you have a much better sense of it than i. i'm only fairly sure the clippers won't be winning the western conference or be hot into the all-star game, they are street punks waiting for the playoffs is my take

budwiser

Mitchell is a selfish player. This will be the highlight of his career -something he will tell his grandkids about. He doesn't work well with the other stars Garland & Mobley -this limits their ceiling imo.
    not yet i agree...but he came out of his shell. maybe they found something, who knows. they have balance and promise. no opinion one way or another, a team to watch

budwiser

obviously a team i would have faded is the celtics...11 point favorites at thunder tonite they are losing by 25 in the 3q

finding mazzula's opinions of players and teams online is a huge deal. every scout every team if they are worth anything is going to study this guy bigtime, and because he has to be joe mazzulla his mind isn't going to change on any of it. and he's 34 years old

and...the celtics don't have speed. anywhere.

but, it's easy to talk when the team is down 25 lol

celtics are clear favorites, they have been 5-5 last 10, they are getting manhandled by the thunder. who is smoking that celtic green and why

budwiser

they say the celtics got a center. seriously? 36 year old al horford? or are you going with robert williams...who can rebound and can't shoot worth a d/mn can't pass slow. the whole team is slow. that's what you get when you got a team of power forwards

if i or anyone is playing this team you run until they drop. you use their weight against them.

they got into the playoffs with steve nash playing small ball playing patty mills who if he's lucky gets to play in the game, then they got an injured milwaukee team without middleton, got crushed by the warriors in the playoffs tatum went on a milk carton...what is it people are still smoking!!

people say....why do you keep talking about the celtics? same shot? It's because it's not just any team I'm talking about...according to the professional oddsmakers who get paid to do this for a living, they are STILL the RUNAWAY favorites to win the title!!

budwiser

what's mazzulla gonna say postgame? everything's great, everything's fine, we're still good. same old stupid shot he always says

IBetYou

they say the celtics got a center. seriously? 36 year old al horford? or are you going with robert williams...who can rebound and can't shoot worth a d/mn can't pass slow. the whole team is slow. that's what you get when you got a team of power forwards

if i or anyone is playing this team you run until they drop. you use their weight against them.

they got into the playoffs with steve nash playing small ball playing patty mills who if he's lucky gets to play in the game, then they got an injured milwaukee team without middleton, got crushed by the warriors in the playoffs tatum went on a milk carton...what is it people are still smoking!!

people say....why do you keep talking about the celtics? same shot? It's because it's not just any team I'm talking about...according to the professional oddsmakers who get paid to do this for a living, they are STILL the RUNAWAY favorites to win the title!!
    Pretty sure the betting public determine the outright odds, not some quant team. I agree the price is quite ridiculous at this point. They weren't that impressive last year -did they do much better than the Mavs vs the Warriors? I don't think so. On the other hand they have added Brogdon & Gallinari to that team... these are really solid pros -the latter is expected to make a full comeback in time for the playoffs. Bucks coming out of the East though imo.

budwiser

I don't see where gallinari and brogdon add much. Gallinari tall but he lives for 3 pointers they already have a team shooting 3s. They got pritchard and horford to shoot open 3s

Brogdon another fat barkley like player for a team with williams smart and griffin

None of these guys got speed.

Team is set on fail 1st round upset

budwiser

As for Milwaukee i doubt Middleton can hold up for 3 intense playoff series. He's the only go to shooter on the team. Without Middleton bux are nothing, can't shoot. Holiday is not a shooter you can hope another guy gets hot.

But, we'll see maybe modern medicine

IBetYou

As for Milwaukee i doubt Middleton can hold up for 3 intense playoff series. He's the only go to shooter on the team. Without Middleton bux are nothing, can't shoot. Holiday is not a shooter you can hope another guy gets hot.

But, we'll see maybe modern medicine
    Huh?! Bucks have shooters all over the floor. Ingles will make a big difference for them. A pros' pro. Gives them size/ skill/ brains. Underrated addition.

Celtics' issues of late are being too perimeter oriented and a bit soft on defense -bad combo. Lets not kid ourselves though, it has no bearing on the playoffs. Robin Williams will regain his spot in the starting lineup and the Celtics will revert to a defensive identity. Gallinari and G.Williams will be great for their 2nd unit.

budwiser

Should have been more precise. Most nba players can shoot. Not a lot can manufacture shots on their own. None of these other guys can beat players from the perimeter while guarded and it's a key to spacing out the floor for the bucks instead of collapsing on yannis

Celtics better get d thunder scored 150

IBetYou

Nuggets not all the way there yet, but they certainly appear the team to beat out west. They play as a TEAM. They're a lot better at the guard spots this year. Their defense solid, although it didn't show tonight! -Nuggets/ Blazers always a really poor advert for the NBA because the Blazers can't stop Jokic and the Nuggets can't stop Lillard so it's just NBA trading baskets SLOP.

IBetYou

8-1 outright... Celtics 7-2.

IBetYou

Nets are shorter than the Bucks in the outright market... wtf

budwiser

Nets are shorter than the Bucks in the outright market... wtf
    They should be. What do the Nuggets offer other than Murray and Jokic.

budwiser

you can say...well, the nets have lost 3 in a row.

they didn't play kyrie. they are sending out these players because they're preparing for a trade.

bucks? is middleton going to be healthy anytime soon? yannis has knee soreness? are you going to seriously tell me lopez and portis are needle movers?

if you believe in the bucks or nuggets, then put your futures on either one. i got no problem with that. not what i would do, but that's what makes wagering.

IBetYou

you can say...well, the nets have lost 3 in a row.

they didn't play kyrie. they are sending out these players because they're preparing for a trade.

bucks? is middleton going to be healthy anytime soon? yannis has knee soreness? are you going to seriously tell me lopez and portis are needle movers?

if you believe in the bucks or nuggets, then put your futures on either one. i got no problem with that. not what i would do, but that's what makes wagering.
    Well he's got 3 months. It's a bit concerning for them that he's back on the IR for multiple games, but is that caution or is he going to have to be shut down again? As for the Nets, I don't put much stock in a 3 game losing streak, I just think they're soft. Bailers not ballers.

IBetYou

No point betting futures markets now unless you think the team is about to go on a tear. You can wait until the playoffs start -rule out luck of injuries.

edit: It's the equivalent of betting NBA games in the morning. No need to do it.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 01-18-23 at 12:41 PM.

budwiser

Well he's got 3 months. It's a bit concerning for them that he's back on the IR for multiple games, but is that caution or is he going to have to be shut down again? As for the Nets, I don't put much stock in a 3 game losing streak, I just think they're soft. Bailers not ballers.
    they're too small. so they get beat up. they have 2 bigs, claxton and simmons, and nobody else. and i'm not kidding about that.

there's nothing soft about it, they get beat up because they are smaller.

you want soft, how about kawhi and which way the wind is blowing is if i'm playing this regular season game

you can make a case for simmons too

budwiser

No point betting futures markets now unless you think the team is about to go on a tear. You can wait until the playoffs start -rule out luck of injuries.

edit: It's the equivalent of betting NBA games in the morning. No need to do it.
    yeah i agree.

when the time comes/playoffs, and you want, go ahead, put it on nuggets and bux. that won't b me, but good luck with it i have respect for both teams. just because they play team ball and have attitude doesn't mean they'll win

i'd rather put future on the clippers. why? because they sleepwalk through the regular season and then when the playoffs start, they actually play. no matter how good your personality or your team spirit is, that doesn't matter much in sports. basketball doesn't care.

IBetYou

they're too small. so they get beat up. they have 2 bigs, claxton and simmons, and nobody else. and i'm not kidding about that.

there's nothing soft about it, they get beat up because they are smaller.

you want soft, how about kawhi and which way the wind is blowing is if i'm playing this regular season game

you can make a case for simmons too
    HEAT are small with 6'9 Bam and 6'6 Martin up front. Warriors have their smallball lineup. These teams are not soft.

123 Last