IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Gotta have fighting spirit/ attitude/ swagger. When guys start talking about mental issues... big red flag.

IBetYou

Claxton was talking himself up as being one of the top defensive bigs in the league before running into Poeltl last night... thinks his switchability & shot-blocking make him an impact player. But he doesn't rebound in traffic -too weak. Useless player.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    HEAT are small with 6'9 Bam and 6'6 Martin up front. Warriors have their smallball lineup. These teams are not soft.
    bam is 255 lbs.

claxton is 215 lbs. and he's the center. and they don't have a backup center. when he goes to the bench, i suppose they have to put simmons in at center.

are you going to tell me irving, curry, watanabe, harris, thomas, sumner, mills can rebound the ball? none of these guys can rebound the ball. that's half the team, unable to consistently rebound the ball.

the gm created an inbalanced team. everyone knows they need beef and rebounding.

budwiser

Claxton was talking himself up as being one of the top defensive bigs in the league before running into Poeltl last night... thinks his switchability & shot-blocking make him an impact player. But he doesn't rebound in traffic -too weak. Useless player.
    poeltl is 260 lbs. claxton 215 lbs. claxton has no chance in that matchup. you can tell him to rebound the ball until the sun comes down-and he tries. that's why the coach is stressing boxing out, because they have major rebounding issues that can't be fixed. and the offense suffers because of the energy spent on rebounding on the defensive end. the nets got 98 points last night.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    poeltl is 260 lbs. claxton 215 lbs. claxton has no chance in that matchup. you can tell him to rebound the ball until the sun comes down-and he tries. that's why the coach is stressing boxing out, because they have major rebounding issues that can't be fixed. and the offense suffers because of the energy spent on rebounding on the defensive end. the nets got 98 points last night.
    So what did I say that was wrong? He says he's a top defensive centre, I say he isn't. You want to defend his character, fine, he's still garbage.

budwiser

So what did I say that was wrong? He says he's a top defensive centre, I say he isn't. You want to defend his character, fine, he's still garbage.
    claxton is garbage? lol...ok

speaking of character...i watched your nuggets tonight

character? this guy joker can't stop whining about this call, that call. brutal game to watch. the refs were awful too. no ability to play defense, at all. 46 fouls in the game, half of them bullshot.

there's nothing elite about the denver nuggets, far as i can tell. sure they got joker-he can win another mvp and fail in the playoffs, as usual. remember last year he got kicked out of the game for being unable to control his emotions? and joker is a great player, but then what. sure murray is a good player, would you take him over donovan mitchell? debatable. and then what? a few good players..and so what after that, they might get hot

just my opinion.

budwiser

granted this was a terrible call, but the wolves were getting horrible calls too, and they didn't go to the length of lebron maes-holier-than-thou complaning that jokic goes to

it's just embarrassing. grow up

budwiser

claxton 3 blocks for 12 consecutive games. guy had 15 rebounds v the warriors. 24 points.

he is definitely not garbage. you know he's a defensive center, you're pulling my leg. he's the league leader in blocks, #1. he's also the league #1 in field goal percentage.

still a long ways til the playoffs.

budwiser

can you imagine john collins with claxton and simmons and durant, already defenders and shot blockers. that's the guy i hope they get somehow. they would lead the league by a large margin in blocks

IBetYou

can you imagine john collins with claxton and simmons and durant, already defenders and shot blockers. that's the guy i hope they get somehow. they would lead the league by a large margin in blocks

I think you would be disappointed in that lineup.

budwiser

I think you would be disappointed in that lineup.
    possibly...he plays like claxton already. not lighting the house on fire with the hawks.

we'll see of course.

budwiser

saw some hawks tonight

collins is a very good player on a bad team. same with trey lance, great player on a bad team. bogdanovic is ok, but they have some awful players beyond that.

both young and collins play way ahead of their teammates. it's no surprise collins wants out

budwiser

Joker such an unselfish intelligent beautiful player to watch. Caviar

Steph curry all taped up. By taped up i mean he's a hospital case out there. Career going downhill fast imo

Dubs gm won't renew yet thinking time to get out

IBetYou

Joker such an unselfish intelligent beautiful player to watch. Caviar

Steph curry all taped up. By taped up i mean he's a hospital case out there. Career going downhill fast imo

Dubs gm won't renew yet thinking time to get out
    Warriors are still the team to beat out west. They almost swept the Celtics. Puts things in perspective.

Nuggets are talking up A.Gordon as an AS... GTFOOH! Meanwhile Hyland out of the rotation because he's on the trade block -they're happy with Murray/ KCP/ Brown as their guards going forward, but what do they get back in a trade? Backup centre maybe? A return for Plumlee?

IBetYou

Speaking of AS, nice to see Markkanen make it. Sabonis was a LOCK because they love triple double guys in the NBA. I prefer Markkanen... he's got Nowitzki like abilities and he's just getting started. Ainge has done great work getting him and Kessler in Salt Lake City.

budwiser

Warriors are still the team to beat out west. They almost swept the Celtics. Puts things in perspective.

Nuggets are talking up A.Gordon as an AS... GTFOOH! Meanwhile Hyland out of the rotation because he's on the trade block -they're happy with Murray/ KCP/ Brown as their guards going forward, but what do they get back in a trade? Backup centre maybe? A return for Plumlee?
    Warriors are a great team to watch too, but they are done. Poole is a selfish shooter. Curry is taped up all over. It's his leg now, he had the shoulder. Just doesn't have to "juice" anymore imo

For as intelligent as Murray and Joker are, KCP has to be one of the dumbest players in the league. Guy threw the ball to the other team under the basket, everyone was looking at it him like wtf are you doing. he averages the team iq down to 100 a real blacktop hood type player

IBetYou

He had the "juice" vs the Celtics lol

budwiser

all star game of course is a circus. don't think kyrie and zion should be starting. kyrie has major defense issue, zion can't stay healthy.

so that roster is always a joke. kinda represents the all stars, but....no true basketball coach is starting kyrie and zion on an all star team.

budwiser

He had the "juice" vs the Celtics lol
    i agree totally...was is the word. one year later can make all the difference. guy is 34 hitting 35 in march he has THE highest work rate to get shot in the entire nba

don't get me wrong he's a fabulous player, but his time is coming imo. happens to us all

IBetYou

i agree totally...was is the word. one year later can make all the difference. guy is 34 hitting 35 in march he has THE highest work rate to get shot in the entire nba

don't get me wrong he's a fabulous player, but his time is coming imo. happens to us all
    I'm not talking about the finals, I'm talking this season. They thrashed the Celtics at home and then should have won the game in Boston.

budwiser

I'm not talking about the finals, I'm talking this season. They thrashed the Celtics at home and then should have won the game in Boston.
    yeah steph ran out of juice in boston.

that said, sure you might be right. if everyone is healthy, sure they got a shot

budwiser

warriors are the celtics killers. they move the ball fast, the celtics are too big to keep up. i love watching them destroy the celtics. so yeah, hope ur right they're still healthy enough to do it

other way to beat the celtics is to physically match up with them. when tatum gets physically handled he tends to shy out of the game. you also need defenders on the entire team, because the team is always looking for matchups against the weakest defender

IBetYou

Irving has demanded a trade. The debacle in Boston must have hurt his feelings. Like I said, you can't trust these lunatics. Now Durant will be looking to bail also.

Team of cowards.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 02-03-23 at 01:18 PM.

IBetYou

I doubt many teams are interested in Irving. Mavs or HEAT might bite... but do you want to give up assets for a player that doesn't have any sense of loyalty?

budwiser

don't think it's Irving who has demanded a trade...nets may be balking on there is significant interest with a lot of teams in irving.

lakers suns and mavericks that makes sense, lakers desperately need a scorer

bottom line, who knows, right?

and the bottom line is..they have GOT to get bigger if they are going to beat the celtics. the celtics try to match up with Kryie on the defensive end EVERY TIME.

gonna get interesting fast...around the league

budwiser

heat would make sense, the team is loaded with power guys that the nets could use

the issue is you're losing a primary ball handler, but you have to beat the celtics. gotta give up something to get a big

question is who plays the point on the nets if irving is gone. they have no point guard, sumner or thomas are raw. they may have to trade for a backup, or go without one and have others bring up the ball

budwiser

criticized the lakers trades but if the lakers get kyrie they will become contenders fast. a guy who can shoot, doesn't play d or rebound..they don't need his d or rebounding skills they got bron and brow more than make up for it

guessing they will send westbrook and bryant or something like that and another if it's a one-up trade, otherwise it's gotta b a 3-way

IBetYou

This is why you don't trade those picks for Hachimura. I wonder what Pelinka was thinking... there was a report about Jerry West back when he was the GM of the Grizz that he got so fed up with ownership asking him to do something that he went out and signed Brian Cardinal to a big contract and said there you go -----switch "ownership" for "James" and maybe that's what Pelinka was thinking.

The real story here is Durant. He will be looking to bail and the Nets ought to be trading him for picks.

budwiser

looks like you're right he's requesting a trade. nuts he just said he was happy there. guess they're balking bigtime on his max deal

with nets title tix there's no way they are getting rid of durant the fans would revolt.

i don't think it's bad because the celtics have posted up kyrie since jesus was born

yeah i don't know how this thing works gonna be a bigtime circus

budwiser

might be a 3-way to trade westbrook for kyrie use the spurs what do the spurs get for helping out, picks

actually that's not bad, the team needs a physical driver and rebounder and defender. brick can't shoot 3's worth a d/mn but the nets are the most talented team in the league shooting 3's he'll have dish opportunities all over. most important to me the celtics are not going to post up on that guy

crazy....

budwiser

reunites brick with kd. i certainly hope they get more than just brick in this deal..i mean come on

brick did well with beal in dc. he's a drive and pass or shoot guy

IBetYou

reunites brick with kd. i certainly hope they get more than just brick in this deal..i mean come on

brick did well with beal in dc. he's a drive and pass or shoot guy
    Can't trade for Westbrick. He's awful. They'd be worse with him than without! I wouldn't be keen to do Irving any favours if I were them. Make him play out his contract and then maybe they're still able to sign & trade him over the summer.

budwiser

Yeah he will play out the season in a contract year for sure
    Teams make players kyrie title with bron, brick teamed with kd

Plus nets get walker and 1st, hopefully to get a big

budwiser

Imo the nets are using this excuse as trade bait. Which i don't disagree with

There is no coincidence imo that gm marks was in boston and this is going on right afterwards

Again and again the celtics switch to post up kyrie and it kills the nets

Is he a great player against other teams and with other teams v celtucs yea. Eith the nets v celtics no

And to win the title there is one team to beat. Celtics.

budwiser

Lakers title odds at caesars go from +4000 to +2800

First 123 Last