The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Awesome new documentary Lloyd 'Swee' Pea' Daniels

This is a great documentary even if you don't know who Lloyd Swee' Pea Daniels is....

Just released today, Highly recommended.

http://www.thelegendofsweepea.com/

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

is he doing ok today? i think he was as of when tark wrote his autobiography, which is suprisingly good.

such a big underground name and that's before the internet. the next magic i think it was

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15527

Wow! I vaguely remember him, but a lot of parallels to the 30 for 30 with Marcus Dupree ( greatest that never was)

gojetsgomoxies

http://www.si.com/vault/1991/07/08/1...n-a-sorry-turn

better than magic? better than kareem? .............. "better than kareem" is really saying something as he was simply an amazing phenom in high school. maybe the greatest phenom ever - i do realize he has competition like lebron.

gojetsgomoxies

ok, didn't realize that si article was actually ultimately negative i.e that he was never as good as the myth - even before drugs.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

The documentary has a lot of footage before he got shot that gives a glimpse into his skill set and how talented he really was. His floor vision and instincts were incredible. Definitely woulda been a PG in college and NBA. Think he ended up playing more 2 guard and small forward once he finally made it to the league. It's really worth watching, especially if you were a fan back in the 80's/90's era