DedesSports
    DedesSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

LIVE NBA betting

Hi All,

I have been following several NBA games live, and while looking at the TV I'am also with an eye on Vegas Spreads. And because of that I have a doubt:

When the match starts, and if one team scores, Spread does't change much. Say, match started as -5.5 for A and this team scores 2pts. Line changes to -6.5 or -6. But, the same situation in the later stages of the match, makes the line move a bit more, maybe to -7.
    I think this is logic, as at the start of the match, there is still plenty to play and its not a 2pts that will make much difference. On the other hand, closer to end of the match, any score might be critical.

What I am looking for, is a mathematical way of calculating this evolution of how much the spread should move at different stages of the match for the same points basket.

Any idea please ?

thanks

DedesSports

So, no ideas,

everybody here bets on NBA Basketball and have no clue on how the line change during the live match ?
    On my question I am putting aside all things, like tempo, momentum, injuries, etc etc that can influence in any way the match. I am just looking at the spread and how it should be affected along the 48m when points are scored.

thanks

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

lol momentum, injuries has nothing to do with it.

they generally stick to the original formula that was calculated to get the original line

DedesSports

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post

they generally stick to the original formula that was calculated to get the original line
    Yes, I agree, they usually stick with their initial prediction. But, if score starts getting away from that initial prediction, lets says because team A scores 3 baskets in a row (assume 3x2=6 points), by how much the line should move ? And by how much it should be moved if its in the 1st quarter or if in the 3 quarter ?

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

I too have wondered what they factor into Live NBA betting. I enjoy it, but prefer totals. I would assume the simple way for adjustments to that take the total and divide it by the total number of seconds remaining in the qtr/half/game. If a game goes a certain number of seconds without maintaining the average score, then they adjust it accordingly. On the flip side, if the game is scoring at a higher pace they raise it. Of course I'm sure they have ways to factor in other things. I think turnovers can get factored in for a lower total, and a team heading into the bonus should raise it. Not sure if individual players being on/off the court affect it. I simply enjoy it because you can constantly bet throughout 1 or multiple games. Tonight I started with $100 and turned it into 3k. Got killed on the juice, but it was fun.