moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Thursday NBA talk

Didn't include trends as I'm sure anybody who has a clue can get easy access to them, as they are readily available all over the net. Just some stuff I was discussing with somebody else and perhaps we can all help each other by bringing to light items we might have overlooked.

Sides:

Hawks + the number and the ML
    Clips played a fast game last night with Wiz, this will be their 4th game in 6 days, plus the dreaded back to back on the road. I like the Under in this one as well if the total keeps moving up. Hopefully the Hawks will have some pride for the whole game unlike the game with the Lakers the other evening.

Suns + number (if +2 or above otherwise I probably take ML)
    Sure, the Suns don't have Amare, Q, or JJ anymore, but for whatever reason, I've seen a lot of their games this year and the new additions are quite solid. Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, and James Jones have been very good complimentary pieces so far this year for the Suns. Surprisingly, this all depends on the strategy Flip will apply. Thus far this season, he's allowed their offense to expand more, averaging a staggering 102 ppg. Now, the question lies on whether we think Flip will continue to push (why not with a 4-0 record) or will he be afraid to have an up and down game with the Suns on their home court. I think the Pistons have the athletes to run and up and down with Phoenix, but I don't think they'll go that route. I think they'll try to slow it down and then when Phoenix makes their usual run in the game, the Pistons will be out of sync offensively and will have trouble finding their rhythm. If Detroit wins, I think it goes over the total. I think Phoenix can win the game if it's fast paced or slow paced as crazy as that sounds, so I think there is more upside playing the Suns in this spot.

Houston/Miami PASS

Totals:

Clippers/Hawks Under the #
    Same reasoning as up above, I can't see Clippers continuing this torrid pace, even though playing so many games in so few days isn't a big deal early in the season, I just think it's posted a little high for my liking.

Phoenix/Detroit Total - PASS

Heat/Rockets Under for me.
    Rockets struggling offensively big time without T-Mac, but continue to play great defense under JVG, holding their opposition to under 40% shooting this year. And, when I look at Miami's roster, only guy that puts fear into me is Wade. Toine will not get easy 3pt looks against Houston's defense and the rest, for the most part, feed off of Shaq.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm with you on 2 of these games bro... didn't really have an opinion on the heat/rocket OU though.

good luck

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the opposite on both. I got Clippers -3 & Detroit -1 parlay.
    I don't see how you can take a winless Atlanta team that has minimal talent. You get extra line value here with a revamped improved Clipper team because they played last night. As for Detroit, they were clicking on all cylinders against Sacramento the other night. With a more open offense, I think they will take this game as a bit of a challenge that they can play a more up tempo style and still get a win.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    I think they will take this game as a bit of a challenge that they can play a more up tempo style and still get a win.
    I agree, that's what I posted. I don't think Flip will want his boys to get in a run n' gun game with Phoenix though as I explained above.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

This just in...Detroit is good.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    This just in...Detroit is good.
    This just in, Phoenix can't close a game for shit.