forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Houston -6.5 at New Jersey looks good

For all the games Tuesday I like this one the best. Houston have had their eyes on this next game in New Jersey after losing a close battle in Miami on Sunday. They sit three and a half games behind Memphis now for 8th place in the West. Every game is a must win and I think they can win at least half of the remaining ones. This next one against a withering Nets looks to have some good value and looks like it could be a solid win and cover.

Rockets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games and 5-1 ATS against teams with a losing record. Rockets are 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings in Jersey and pretty much own the Nets as of late. Last game was a 123-108 win on Feb. 26, which was also Houston’s 12th win in 13 games against the Nets. The Rockets have taken seven straight road meetings in the series by an average of 13 points while limiting the Nets to 82.7 per game.

Nets are pretty beat up right now with Williams still out and Lopez playing through some calcium deposit pain. Two other players out since incurring injuries in the last week. Jersey was handed its sixth defeat in seven games Saturday night, 98-87 at Atlanta. Noteworthy addendum: Houston's Kyle lowry was taken out last game in Miami with an ankle sprain and is listed as "questionable" on covers.com, but other injury reports aren't listing him and Lowry said in team report that "there's a good chance to play." I think he'll suit up after a couple days rest and rehab.

Rolling with Houston -6.5 to beat up on a beaten up Nets team, with less to play for than the Rockets right now.
    Last edited by forzuto13; 03-29-11 at 12:24 AM.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Nice write up. OVER looks good too.

alien296
    alien296's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 764

I'm leaning that way, but not sold on it yet....(89% of public is with you though as of this post)

Houston is definitely playing good ball and gave Miami a run for their money on Sunday (only loss in the last few games). The Nets have been pretty beat up lately, but they have been on the road a lot lately as well. The 'home factor' might make this a closer game than they have had in the past few games. I'll take another look at it tomorrow, but good luck man

forzuto13

I know Nets at home is a factor but I think Houston gets it done. And yes, NYSportsguy, I like the over a lot too!

flyer1179
    flyer1179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

I'll be on the Rockets and the over with you as well. BOL!

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I'm with you on them houston.

Looks like Tuesday is a day where fav gonna suck up that money and run.

Put a gun to my head and I pick the under. Just sharing.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

If D-Will doesn't play this play looks good. Houston just has too many offensive weapons over the Nets. Even thought the Nets play tough and tend to cover at home I like the offensive Houston on this one.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea, i'm going to do it, my book has it at -7. nets are significantly worse without point guard

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Loving the OVER 143 total points in Colorado-Alabama game in the N.i.T. tournament tomorrow. Placed a bet on that already.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over was the first thing that popped out at me on tomorrows lines and i locked it in already. Also leaning houston and might lock that in as well before the line goes up. Good luck!!

shermanator
    shermanator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2973

houston will cover tomorrow

cc440unn
    191-217-8 +54.40u
    cc440unn's Avatar Become A Pro!

im following you with houston and the over

1.5 unit on both

gl to us

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Rockets will win, but will cover it ? that's the question. The Nets at home is a crazy team, i had seen it all before, they're deadly in the 4th quarter . The key is who can contain Lopez and Humphries - 35 points + 20 rebounds between these two, it's a good match up in the back court, Houston got B grade here. Actually Rockets -4 at the half could be a good choice too.

cc440unn
    191-217-8 +54.40u
    cc440unn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any other good tips for tonights game ?????

thx in advance

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by cc440unn View Post
    Any other good tips for tonights game ?????

thx in advance
    Here is what rookies who started out tailing people should be doing.

Pick 5 regulars and winning cappers. Make an excel spreadsheet and chart down to what each picks. If 4 or more picking on the same team, you bet on that team.

This is the style for those who don't know nothing about the game whatsoever. Is it profitable? Does top cappers ever fail you in the long run?

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Gonna wait and see how many points I can get and roll with the Nets. Houston wins by 4-5.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

By the time BetJam opened the line it was already at 7 it seems... they're so annoyingly slow!

Postman78
    Postman78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Damn qtip now that's an avatar

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

in jersey there where many close games this season... I woud stay away

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

NJ is the play here.

Postman78

If you happen to play at bookmaker and you're worried about HOU not covering they got a special 8pt teaser at -120 so you can just make them part of that ?

Postman78

Cause I agree I like HOU but Nj at home is unpredictable I haven't found two other trans to put in the teaser yet but I like HOU in one of them

nnhenry
    nnhenry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

good luck with the houston play.

beyond
    beyond's Avatar Become A Pro!

When too many people bet on one team, usually the other team will cover

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    When too many people bet on one team, usually the other team will cover
    Wise words but the public does make money sometimes.

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant see NJ winning this game, so i am HOU. buying a few a points

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    Wise words but the public does make money sometimes.
    Is the public bet considered which side has the most money on it, or the side with the most people betting on it ? I mean I doubt the public bets the most money, so there could be a game where 80 percent of bets are on one side but the most money is on there other side. Wouldn't u want to fade the side with most money on it since the books are the winners?

san2c
    san2c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Rockets arent good enough to be giving that many points on the road

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

1h -4 is a bit safe i think

forzuto13

Quote Originally Posted by san2c View Post
    Rockets arent good enough to be giving that many points on the road
    Well the last time NJ were home dogs of 6.5 pts they played Chicago and got whooped. I know Rockets aren't as good as Chicago, but Houston is a team that is under the radar lately and is steadily paving ahead and winning. Their D has stiffened up coming out of AS Break and I think this is why they have been on a good run, aside from their stellar offensive weapons. They will play every game with everything and honestly they could have taken that last game in Miami.

If Lowry is in good shape and has a good game then I don't see them not covering a team that is as battered up as the Nets. I mean, they can lose of course, but that's why it's called gambling, and for me, aside from the OVER bet on this Houston game, this is the better of the picks of today's plays.

LasNoches777
    LasNoches777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston - New Jersey draw

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi, if i may comment, respectfully of course -

I was lookin at this game and thought HOUSTON right off the bat but check this out:

When lookin at HOUSTON playing similar teams than NJ (PPG/OPPG/POWER RATINGS-wise), HOUSTON is actually 4-4 SU this season, and when they win they average 5.66 pts.

HOUSTON does look good int he LAST 5...but they seem to slow down with these slower pace teams, such as NJ.

NJ when facing opponents similar to HOU (number's wise) averaging -3.14 pt differential. in their last five they are averaging -2.8 pt differential, 2-3 SU.

With all that being said, they (HOU) whooped NJN earlier this season...so all in all, the stats arent ALL there...the nets numerically speaking, should cover, but HOU feels like the right bet...

BOL either way bud!

forzuto13

Quote Originally Posted by jorge1 View Post
    Hi, if i may comment, respectfully of course -

I was lookin at this game and thought HOUSTON right off the bat but check this out:

When lookin at HOUSTON playing similar teams than NJ (PPG/OPPG/POWER RATINGS-wise), HOUSTON is actually 4-4 SU this season, and when they win they average 5.66 pts.

HOUSTON does look good int he LAST 5...but they seem to slow down with these slower pace teams, such as NJ.

NJ when facing opponents similar to HOU (number's wise) averaging -3.14 pt differential. in their last five they are averaging -2.8 pt differential, 2-3 SU.

With all that being said, they (HOU) whooped NJN earlier this season...so all in all, the stats arent ALL there...the nets numerically speaking, should cover, but HOU feels like the right bet...

BOL either way bud!
    Thanks for the input. My point is your final one I guess: that the Houston bet feels like the right bet. Sometimes you gotta go with that and that gut feeling is one that is pretty strong, either pulling you away from a bet you make with your head and using trends/stats or one that pushes you to make a bet, even though the numbers don't all line up, but the whole game scenario does. Already locked it in at -6.5 and have a seperate bet with -6 in a parlay. WML!

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

both teams suck

lets play a game of horse

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

rolling with the rockets

12 Last