trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

question on the golf tournament. Xander and Sullivan show HALVED does one advance?

question on the golf tournament. Xander and Sullivan show HALVED does one advance?

this is a match play knock out format right? how does Halved work? they show final and tied.

Maybe my scoreboard is wrong. I ll check another source. just wondering on a head to head matchup

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

There is no halving in golf, you either win or lose. They would play extra holes.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

maybe they go back out later?
    Xander Schauffele (6)0 - 0 - 1TIED0 - 0 - 1Andy Sullivan (57)

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post

this is a match play knock out format right? how does Halved work? they show final and tied.

Maybe my scoreboard is wrong. I ll check another source. just wondering on a head to head matchup
    For group play, players will play each of the other members of their group in 18-hole matches, with wins being worth one point and ties a half-point

so the match is final a DRAW

they play extra holes out of the group stages if match is tied after 18 holes

format has changed over the years, it used be like the ncaa tourny 1 loss ur out now every player gets at least 3 matches

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    For group play, players will play each of the other members of their group in 18-hole matches, with wins being worth one point and ties a half-point

so the match is final a DRAW

they play extra holes out of the group stages if match is tied after 18 holes

format has changed over the years, it used be like the ncaa tourny 1 loss ur out now every player gets at least 3 matches
    ok wow i did not know that!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    ok wow i did not know that!
    yah i think it's for the better, guys used to fly in get 1 round and they were done

The event revamped its format in 2015, partially leaving single-elimination in favor of 16 “pods” of four players, with everyone playing a round robin against the other three competitors. The players come from four categories divided by rank; the top 16 players are considered the “A” group, the next 16 classified as “B” and so forth. The players are grouped randomly by a ping-pong machine. From there, the 16 group winners advance to a single-elimination bracket, contested over 18-hole matches on Saturday (Sweet 16 and quarterfinals) and Sunday (semifinals and finals).