1. #1
    thebigcurt
    thebigcurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-06-17
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 834

    Circa timeline

    Anyone heard any updates on when Circa mobile betting will go live?

  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 9359

    I havent heard of a time being announced. Just that they have a local casino partner sorted out and were coming.

  3. #3
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    They can only go live after the (temporary) Waukegan casino opens. No date yet, but I heard the very earliest is in December. Online should go live very shortly after. So my guess is probably January, but maybe December.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thebigcurt

  4. #4
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Circa will not be in IL until early 2023 - IL state regulators dragging their feet because they are inept/corrupt as shit in this state when it comes to government.

    This is info straight from Circa Vegas sportsbook manager, Jeff Benson. He told me early Q1.

  5. #5
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    Circa will not be in IL until early 2023 - IL state regulators dragging their feet because they are inept/corrupt as shit in this state when it comes to government.

    This is info straight from Circa Vegas sportsbook manager, Jeff Benson. He told me early Q1.
    On Twitter, he recently said late Q1/early Q2. Sadly. First, the actual casino needs to open. Still no date.

  6. #6
    wolfmanmeadows
    wolfmanmeadows's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-20
    Posts: 915
    Betpoints: 2020

    Getting closer

    The Temporary by American Place officially opens at 8 p.m. Friday near the Fountain Square shopping center in Waukegan bringing casino gambling to Lake County, and with it a hoped for economic boost for the area.

    Stolyar said once the casino opens, it will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week until the permanent American Place resort and casino opens in approximately three years.

    Stolyar said once the casino opens, it will operate 20 hours a day, seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 4 a.m.

    “It feels great,” Stolyar said, thinking back on the more than a year of effort since the gaming board gave Full House the opportunity to open a casino in Waukegan. “We’ve got a great staff. They’ve gone through a lot of training. I’m excited to finally see this.”

    At one end of the rectangular casino are three restaurants, and at the other end a sportsbook with 18 television screens. The sportsbook is scheduled to open in a few month. Lining the walls on much of both sides, as well as located in other locations around the room, are 1,000 slot machines.




  7. #7
    Northwest Side G
    Northwest Side G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-23
    Posts: 83
    Betpoints: 714

    Finally. Im shocked they even let them open. Ohio just went legal, and they have more sportsbooks than Illinois. I guess the owner of Rivers bribe ran out for J B.

  8. #8
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Jeff Benson says Q3 for Sportsbook in IL.

  9. #9
    Northwest Side G
    Northwest Side G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-23
    Posts: 83
    Betpoints: 714

    After the college tournament so it doesnt hurt Rivers profits. During the dead season of sports betting.

  10. #10
    Northwest Side G
    Northwest Side G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-23
    Posts: 83
    Betpoints: 714

    Thats a shame. They dont want any competition in Illinois. But other states have a lot of sportsbooks.

  11. #11
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwest Side G View Post
    Thats a shame. They dont want any competition in Illinois. But other states have a lot of sportsbooks.
    Rivers is dead anyways. Fanduel and Draftkings own IL. I don't know if Circa will take anyone's business away, but it sure as shit wouldn't be Rivers. Maybe the casino itself.

  12. #12
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwest Side G View Post
    Thats a shame. They dont want any competition in Illinois. But other states have a lot of sportsbooks.
    Illinois has 7 sportsbooks right now and circa will be the 8th. ??? What are you talking about?

  13. #13
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    I don't know anyone playing at Rivers? It would rank 8th on my list except it's 5th because DK, Barstool, and Pointsbet have limited me to unusable. FD has me lowered to 75% of their max bet but can still use it. Haven't experienced much trouble from Caesars yet or BetMGM but I haven't played there much yet - they have a quick hook as well from what I hear.

    Circa will get most of my business when they open.

  14. #14
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    I don't know anyone playing at Rivers? It would rank 8th on my list except it's 5th because DK, Barstool, and Pointsbet have limited me to unusable. FD has me lowered to 75% of their max bet but can still use it. Haven't experienced much trouble from Caesars yet or BetMGM but I haven't played there much yet - they have a quick hook as well from what I hear.

    Circa will get most of my business when they open.
    8 isn't much compared to a lot of states.

    75% at FD is huge. I'm at 10% and that's still decent limits.
    FD only at 75% but DK unusable? Surprising to me, but maybe it depends what you consider unusable based on your bet types. I still use them and I'm limited on what I understand to be their usual sharp limit tier.
    MGM will limit. I used them and used them hard right out of the gate. I think it was the right strategy. I only lasted 6 weeks, but I made a nice profit in that time. Had I tried to go slow to make it last I think I would have profited far less.
    I'll definitely be interested in using Circa, but I doubt they'll get most of my business and I doubt I'll make most of my profit there. Probably more of a volume/risk management book. Looking forward to it though for sure. I hope they make it easy to do large funding.

  15. #15
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    8 isn't much compared to a lot of states.

    75% at FD is huge. I'm at 10% and that's still decent limits.
    FD only at 75% but DK unusable? Surprising to me, but maybe it depends what you consider unusable based on your bet types. I still use them and I'm limited on what I understand to be their usual sharp limit tier.
    MGM will limit. I used them and used them hard right out of the gate. I think it was the right strategy. I only lasted 6 weeks, but I made a nice profit in that time. Had I tried to go slow to make it last I think I would have profited far less.
    I'll definitely be interested in using Circa, but I doubt they'll get most of my business and I doubt I'll make most of my profit there. Probably more of a volume/risk management book. Looking forward to it though for sure. I hope they make it easy to do large funding.
    I can't get down more than 30$ at draftkings. They'll only let me bet a 10$ max boost bet for about 1.35.

    At Fanduel I can get to win between $675-1125 on a cbb game.

    Fanduel also won't let me bet live on a game that I took a pregame wager on it.

  16. #16
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    I can't get down more than 30$ at draftkings. They'll only let me bet a 10$ max boost bet for about 1.35.

    At Fanduel I can get to win between $675-1125 on a cbb game.

    Fanduel also won't let me bet live on a game that I took a pregame wager on it.
    DK: same experience on boosts. I don't bother on those. But I can definitely bet more than $30 on most spreads/totals for CBB/NBA. Regular NBA spread limits is close to $1k pregame day of game; $330 or so live. CBB live ML to win ~ $241. Spreads around $450 or so. Is yours really less for these? Also, at DK I have a bet rule. If I bet pregame for $1, I can't bet pregame again. 1 bet, that's it. same for live.

    FD: Varies. Pregame is often more than live. Live spread to win amount is usually either $300, $500, or $600. But that's at 10% limits. If you are really 75%, it should be way more. You can't bet live if you've already bet up to the live limit, but if not you can. It's a cumulative limit.

    CZR is hard to tell. No posted limits and not obvious. Sometimes my bets go to review, sometimes not. Varies a lot.

  17. #17
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    DK: same experience on boosts. I don't bother on those. But I can definitely bet more than $30 on most spreads/totals for CBB/NBA. Regular NBA spread limits is close to $1k pregame day of game; $330 or so live. CBB live ML to win ~ $241. Spreads around $450 or so. Is yours really less for these? Also, at DK I have a bet rule. If I bet pregame for $1, I can't bet pregame again. 1 bet, that's it. same for live.

    FD: Varies. Pregame is often more than live. Live spread to win amount is usually either $300, $500, or $600. But that's at 10% limits. If you are really 75%, it should be way more. You can't bet live if you've already bet up to the live limit, but if not you can. It's a cumulative limit.

    CZR is hard to tell. No posted limits and not obvious. Sometimes my bets go to review, sometimes not. Varies a lot.
    I don't even try at DK anymore - all my bets would get kicked back for something not even worth trying.
    As far as an example at Fanduel
    if you can win 5000 on Xavier ML tonight I can only win 1125.
    On the side tonight Xavier normal person can win 6000, I can win 1350.

    I've had CZs review some of my wagers and usually they don't accept them and come back lower but that has been rare so far like when I try to take 3000-5000 on a golf matchup and they'll come back with 1k.

    Barstool I haven't used in over a year because they got to be like DK and my limits were under 50$ for almost any bet. I did win about 10 Carhartt sweatshirts from them though!

    BetMGM I only recently used and busted out so I'm still safe there for a while but I know they have a quick hook.

    BetRivers, I did not like their app and have had issues with it but don't find their numbers worth carrying a balance there at this time.

    I'm still good at Pointsbet but know if I used them for a month solid, I would be limited most likely.

  18. #18
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    I don't even try at DK anymore - all my bets would get kicked back for something not even worth trying.
    As far as an example at Fanduel
    if you can win 5000 on Xavier ML tonight I can only win 1125.
    On the side tonight Xavier normal person can win 6000, I can win 1350.

    I've had CZs review some of my wagers and usually they don't accept them and come back lower but that has been rare so far like when I try to take 3000-5000 on a golf matchup and they'll come back with 1k.

    Barstool I haven't used in over a year because they got to be like DK and my limits were under 50$ for almost any bet. I did win about 10 Carhartt sweatshirts from them though!

    BetMGM I only recently used and busted out so I'm still safe there for a while but I know they have a quick hook.

    BetRivers, I did not like their app and have had issues with it but don't find their numbers worth carrying a balance there at this time.

    I'm still good at Pointsbet but know if I used them for a month solid, I would be limited most likely.
    Surprised about that at DK. Curious to know now exactly what they kick back certain things at.

    OK so it sounds like you might be 25% at FD, I'm at 10%. I still find it quite useful.

    Yes, I have tons of Barstool gear. Won a pretty decent amount before they slashed me. I still have a lot of points to use, but they screwed me on the rewards thing.

    Rivers limited like Barstool. They have an even quicker hook.

    Pointsbet was the first I ditched, insane review delays and bet reductions. Total scam.

  19. #19
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    One of the best features with CIRCA is FUTURES

    ...............not only good ODDS, but they provide YES/NO on most (although it is tough to find value on the NO)

  20. #20
    Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-06
    Posts: 5,208
    Betpoints: 22903

    Circa Illinois goes live tomorrow.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

  21. #21
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    It's live.

  22. #22
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's live.
    welcome to the big leagues

  23. #23
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    welcome to the big leagues
    It's early, but not overly impressed yet. Live is pretty minimal and bare bones and not really low vig.

    I thought they had reduce vig pregame, not seeing it.

    Odds don't update dynamically.
    Last edited by d2bets; 09-29-23 at 07:52 PM.

  24. #24
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    welcome to the big leagues
    Don't the stale showing lines bother you? Their betting software stinks. I want to like them, but not really that good. Maybe if you want to bet futures or golf or whatever that's good, but otherwise it's underwhelming.

  25. #25
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 3,062
    Betpoints: 17123

    promo code? bonuses?

  26. #26
    SBR Andy
    SBR Andy's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 02-09-22
    Posts: 1,152
    Betpoints: 480907

    Full story on the Circa Sports launch in Illinois here: https://www.sportsbookreview.com/new...is-oct-2-2023/

  27. #27
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 5,223
    Betpoints: 5979

    what a horrible rollout. anyone even use them? I got message need to go to Casino to regesiter. I was hoping for a big sign up promo like most have but havent seen any,

  28. #28
    chitowncraig
    chitowncraig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-10
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 4088

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    what a horrible rollout. anyone even use them? I got message need to go to Casino to regesiter. I was hoping for a big sign up promo like most have but havent seen any,
    Did you download the Circa Illinois app? If you download the regular Circa app you get that message. Same thing happened to me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

  29. #29
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 5,223
    Betpoints: 5979

    Quote Originally Posted by chitowncraig View Post
    Did you download the Circa Illinois app? If you download the regular Circa app you get that message. Same thing happened to me.
    hmmm..ill check ty



    yes that was it ty again!
    Last edited by littlekona; 10-25-23 at 06:00 AM.

  30. #30
    Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-10
    Posts: 748
    Betpoints: 4589

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    what a horrible rollout. anyone even use them? I got message need to go to Casino to regesiter. I was hoping for a big sign up promo like most have but havent seen any,
    Circa is a real sportsbook - you won't get the gimmicky promos like Draftkings or be limited if you're a real player. You'll get good lines and limits and no bs.

  31. #31
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    what a horrible rollout. anyone even use them? I got message need to go to Casino to regesiter. I was hoping for a big sign up promo like most have but havent seen any,
    You don't need to go to the casino. I think you might have used the wrong app. Make sure it's specifically Circa Illinois. No promo.

  32. #32
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    Circa is a real sportsbook - you won't get the gimmicky promos like Draftkings or be limited if you're a real player. You'll get good lines and limits and no bs.
    True. One thing I don't like is the app does not dynamically update. You could be staring at a stale line and wouldn't know. Everyone else updates in real time automatically. That's a big deal. And their live offerings are very sparse. It's a tool in the arsenal, but could and should be so much better. Maybe over time.

  33. #33
    bensw
    bensw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-23
    Posts: 19
    Betpoints: 136

    Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    Circa is a real sportsbook - you won't get the gimmicky promos like Draftkings or be limited if you're a real player. You'll get good lines and limits and no bs here
    Agree. I love Circa because it doesn't try to cheat its players. They simply offer good lines and limits and they keep their word

  34. #34
    thebigcurt
    thebigcurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-06-17
    Posts: 41
    Betpoints: 834

    App Issues

    Anyone else a little frustrated with the Circa App? It crashes often and I have to re login everytime manually entering my password.

  35. #35
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,782
    Betpoints: 22278

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcurt View Post
    Anyone else a little frustrated with the Circa App? It crashes often and I have to re login everytime manually entering my password.
    I get logged out somewhat frequently, but haven't experienced crashes. The worst part of the app is that it doesn't auto update so that you can't tell if a line has changed until you manually refresh.

12 Last
Top