clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Twin Spires

Anyone use Twin Spires for their online horse wagering. It says they give free past performances.

Just wondering if anyone had positive or negative experience.

Immortality
    Immortality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know someone who uses http://www.brisbet.com to wager. Churchill Downs bought brisbet in June last year but just recently started pushing people to http://www.twinspires.com.

I have not talked to the guy since the change but I can tell you he liked Brisbet and it seems they are being run the same as far as getting free past performances. He would get a credit back for his past performances and said he never had a problem. The past performances come from http://www.brisnet.com

I am thinking of giving TwinSpires a try soon. Hope this helps.

trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat View Post
    Anyone use Twin Spires for their online horse wagering. It says they give free past performances.

I use twinspires.. Their PP is free to the track you wager on. It's a little bit different that DRF. They use their own speed rating. I find it a little confusing. I still use drf. Payout is fast specially using the ezdeposit / withdrawal method. Good Luck.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

im using twinspire i love it

racing1134
    racing1134's Avatar Become A Pro!

twinspires is a joke

Twinspires is not to be trusted. On Thursday December the 9th 2010 they accepted wagers on races 8 and 9 at aqueduct and at the end of those races they gave the winning wagers there money bet back instead of there winning payouts. If there was a problem with the wagers not being accepted through aqueduct I would think that they would have refunded your wager back at the end of the 8th race where the problem occurred not at the end of the card where they were collecting more money with the loosing wagers from races 8 and 9. Also there customer service is known for saying they will call you back within a certain time period but it never happens. If you continue to choose twinspires good luck too you. Clint

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat View Post

I'm extremely disappointed with it, I think Twinspires is terrible.. I was with youbet for about 6 years and I've moved to a different ADW once I spent a week with Twinspires.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

brisnet pp's can be obtained for free but they are not worth it. use drf and you will be better off.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont like them

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

no problems at all except slow website recently

unusialsusp5

attention all former you bet happy customers. the highly touted twinspires just isn't up to the standards we enjoyed at youbet are they? they try but fall short on some levels. difficult to check pending wagers and get back to betting screen. not impossible but difficult. haven't dealt with tvg because of fees but may consider switching if they throw out a perk or two.

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

youbet after they got video was THE BEST by far.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

free pp's are nice, but today the twinspires.tv isnt working, which sucks

zebra58

can't log on today the whole site is screwed, you can call in bets but get this you have to use your old Acct# & pin not the username they made people change to i had to give 4 pin#s to get it right, guy said site should be up in 30 minutes

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Its worked fine for me all day thats weird.I like twinspires and actually switched from youbet well before the merge.Brisnet pp's are really bad but Drf isn't much better.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

yup - Twinspires is working fine for me and has been all day.

When I had youbet/twinspires I always leaned towards twinspires ...
    I actually LOVE the Brisnet ultimate PP's ... in fact I download all tracks each day and if there is not a horse I want to bet at a track I have downloaded a PP for ... I generally find some hotshot favorite and stick $2 to show ... just to get the PP's "free"

... customer service has always replied to any question I have sent them within an hour ...

Each to their own I guess ...

I also have accounts at xpressbet (I like) and dayatthetrack (also good .. but below the other two IMHO)

zebra58

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    attention all former you bet happy customers. the highly touted twinspires just isn't up to the standards we enjoyed at youbet are they? they try but fall short on some levels. difficult to check pending wagers and get back to betting screen. not impossible but difficult. haven't dealt with tvg because of fees but may consider switching if they throw out a perk or two.
    you could be on the classic version if so hit back button twice after checking pending wagers & it takes right back to betting or try express version

good luck

wally4372
    Update your status
    wally4372's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Twin spires is a good site

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

good video - horrible betting interface and horrible rewards program

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

I've played a lot of different sites. Twinspires is one of the best ones imo quality wise but one of the worse rewards wise. So it matters what's important you. I still place some wagers there and use their free brisnet ultimate past peformance and actually really like it. I think it has even more information I can't find in DRF, but it's speed rating is different. Great interface for betting and watching races, imo, usually very stable and easy transferring money in and out with no fees. Also I don't think there are any tracks that they don't cover. The downside is there are virtually no rewards. To me the cash back is more enticing. Sites like horseplayesrbet.com and idabet.com have the best rewards of any site I've played (and I've played a lot). I probably avg about a 7% rebate on all my bets on those sites (more for exotic bets which I play a lot of.). So I make the bulk of my wagering on those sites. Still do play a decent amount on twinspires as I like their interface and pps.

unusialsusp5

they have improved since taking over youbet. rewards are weak, but deposit option and withdrawal easily the best. i don't like brisnet but if you do they are virtually free. can't beat that. menu of tracks and video more than sufficient. no fees (like tvg has) makes it worthwhile. use them.

jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

They are ok

They are ok, I have gotten paid when communications error happened, and I called and complained. Good features.