Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    i just like to use history too toss esp shorter priced runners...Like i said he looks good checks most all the boxes but being a PA bred makes him a toss for me......another toss is Forte due to layoff of 37 days or so + based on history
    OK Kona Fair enough. Whom do you like?

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    i just like to use history too toss esp shorter priced runners...Like i said he looks good checks most all the boxes but being a PA bred makes him a toss for me......another toss is Forte due to layoff of 37 days or so + based on history
    That is also why I’m leaning towards Tapit Trice. I don’t think we have seen the best him yet.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Hit Show is sneaky good in this event. Of the Cox horses I like him best. I read some quotes by Cox about AOE that did not give me confidence going into this race. Putting the blinkers on may be him looking for something so I am not going to play AOE as he is going to take money IMO.

I also like Arcangelo's last race. He beat a good horse in Bishops Bay. The price will be square and his pedigree (Modeling, by Tapit) may help on this distance.

Can National Treasure put them to sleep on the front end and sprint home. I have seen it happen before in this race and his last race was impressive. Baffert and Johnny V will not help his price.

Good thread EZ, I'll look back and see what the gang is playing and give my final opinion Friday or early Saturday.
    boxing these three in an exacta now before I head out the door for work. Yea it’s a late race but not sure how this roof will go today. Pigpen imo knows what’s up…hell of a capper.

Easy-Rider 66

Hey Pigpen: Do you remember what COX said about Angel of Empire that gave you a bad vibe? THX In advance.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Wonder if the air pollution will play a factor In performance
    Should be OK, joe.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ba...y-index/348707

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7800

This guy speaks the truth. Don't listen and continue to be a loser

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    That is also why I’m leaning towards Tapit Trice. I don’t think we have seen the best him yet.
    his derby was done right at the start he had just the most brutal early trip ran on a bit....Im using all the greys Hit Show is my top pic Arcangelo too i ll include so those are the 3 im using in pic 5 and with Hit Show my top pick

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    This guy speaks the truth. Don't listen and continue to be a loser

You get no arguments from me regarding the approach. He's also right that big racing days have good value (loose money) on the undercard races. That's why I play the horizontals early (I've probably hit these the most and they've paid quite well, like the early pick 5) and throughout the day. I do it for a challenge and can afford it, but I'm pretty darn good at it.

Pizzolla is taking more of a pro's approach. The problem with that is that the game is structured to hammer you with vig, so it ends up being mostly entertainment, or you'll have to spend so much time looking for value bets that it is ultimately a waste of time, sadly ("I'll bet Arcangelo if he's 15-1, lol, that horse won't be higher than 6-1, I bet). Like in the modern bookmaker thread, the structure of law and society/big government means making big bets is ripe for tracking and then hammering you if you also happen to win/tax man, structuring, all this nonsense.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Sorry if this does not belong here.But i hate this Broadcast team! Don't Mind Gary Stevens, But i can't stomach Sterling and Pincay! That deep radio voice tone and news person kind of vibe. Sirius xm will be on in the background .I know they are catering to a different Audience and most hardcore players are at the Track and mostly there computers. But they don't ever talk about the race coming up it is about the Belmont all they do is talk about that one race constantly. They Do that on their Saturday Saratoga broadcast too!

ChuckyTheGoat

Respect to Pizzolla. Not sure I see a value-bet in this race.

I'm passing. Good Luck to anyone in action.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

9- Red Route One is also very interesting

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    boxing these three in an exacta now before I head out the door for work. Yea it’s a late race but not sure how this roof will go today. Pigpen imo knows what’s up…hell of a capper.
    Hey Cecil, thanks for the props. I thought Forte would be short @ 1½ miles off the layoff but he proved me wrong running second.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Hey Pigpen: Do you remember what COX said about Angel of Empire that gave you a bad vibe? THX In advance.
    Sorry EZ I am getting back to the thread late. I watched an interview on Youtube after his last work and he just did not seem confident in the horse to me for this race.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Sorry EZ I am getting back to the thread late. I watched an interview on Youtube after his last work and he just did not seem confident in the horse to me for this race.
    ThX Pigpen

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    This is a tough race, I see six horses that could conceivably win. I'll have to go with Arcangelo, he's been improving in every race. Food for thought: Tapit has sired four of the last eight Belmont Stakes winners and he has the 1 and 2 in here.
    Nice call!

First 12