slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10372

William Hill

Did anyone know that William Hill app will allow a bet on the Puck Line parlayed to the Total.? Stations, my other app will not allow and never has.

I found out yesterday and caught NJ and Knights -1 1/2 and plus money with the totals.

I do not know if they had this for baseball. As I've said, I just discovered it yesterday.

GL

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    Did anyone know that William Hill app will allow a bet on the Puck Line parlayed to the Total.? Stations, my other app will not allow and never has.

I found out yesterday and caught NJ and Knights -1 1/2 and plus money with the totals.

I do not know if they had this for baseball. As I've said, I just discovered it yesterday.

GL
    I'm not a hockey play, but I do play on Wm Hill regularily. I like this book, but let me tell you with CONFIDENCE. They are not consistent.. During the baseball playoffs and at various times off and on during the season, they would not offer alt run lines. You never knew when this was going to happen. Frustrating if you hadd a plan to play that way on a given game.
    I should add this is Wm Hill Virginia.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

GL
    I did not know this Slew. Never even tried it. Will check it out.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    I did not know this Slew. Never even tried it. Will check it out.
    This morning about 7 a.m., just for the heck of it I went in to see if it would allow again. It allowed the Buffalo game but not the New Jersey game. After I got back home about 9 a.m. it allowed for both games.

So there may be a time issue ..

GL MJ.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I'm not a hockey play, but I do play on Wm Hill regularily. I like this book, but let me tell you with CONFIDENCE. They are not consistent.. During the baseball playoffs and at various times off and on during the season, they would not offer alt run lines. You never knew when this was going to happen. Frustrating if you hadd a plan to play that way on a given game.
    I should add this is Wm Hill Virginia.
    Sometimes W.H. Has a better number, sometimes not. There may have been a “time of day” issue with it. Hockey is usually at night where Bases has those early games quite often.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

They’re shorting you on the payout. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not a lot. eg Vancouver PL for tomorrow is -250 and total is even money. Should be +180 at those odds, but parlay those two and it’s only 140.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    They’re shorting you on the payout. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not a lot. eg Vancouver PL for tomorrow is -250 and total is even money. Should be +180 at those odds, but parlay those two and it’s only 140.
    How do you figure 180. It's actually +120 or technically 120.2

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

-250 (1.40) x +100 (2.00) = +170 (2.80)

I'd guess they have a formula to adjust odds based on the amount of correlation. Like with any other same game parlay.

That would also explain why some games it's not allowed at all, or availability changes as odds move.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

(100 ÷ 250 + 1) x (100 ÷ 100 +1)

What are you doing to get 120????

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    (100 ÷ 250 + 1) x (100 ÷ 100 +1)

What are you doing to get 120????
    I stand corrected. My apology. The parlay does pay back 280 on 100 dollar bet. That's what William Hill pays. The full amount. All sports books offer very little in that they are now (for a few years now) not only making you give up points in football, but you are laying sometimes -120 also.

They are not giving anything to the gambler. If William Hill offers a play which other sports books do not, it seems like an advantage to me.

William Hill also offers a teaser where you can bet the team and the total. Stations does not. I am not involved anywhere else.

Sorry about my misunderstanding of the number. You are correct. If they do short the player on some games, it the price we pay I guess. But not always. I never bet unders and would never bet any team at -250.

GL

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    -250 (1.40) x +100 (2.00) = +170 (2.80)

I'd guess they have a formula to adjust odds based on the amount of correlation. Like with any other same game parlay.

That would also explain why some games it's not allowed at all, or availability changes as odds move.
    Dare I say thank you for straightening out my error.?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Parlay odds are easier when you are used to thinking in decimal. And it wasn't just you