Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Anyone so bad at an area of sports betting - that you fade yourself and win?

I will employ this strategy when betting on anything involving asians. I bet an asian tennis player - I lose. I bet a Korean or Japanese baseball side - I lose. I bet an asian soccer side or total - I lose. It's really amazing how consistent the losing is. Let's hope this gift I was blessed with (of never picking the correct asian) continues.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2885

I tried this during the college basketball season, and as soon as I faded my work, it started winning. I may just be cursed.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15395

For some reason it seems easier to find someone to fade than follow. It's tough to find someone that wins 53% of the time but easy to find someone hitting 45%.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

You can't really fade yourself as if you know thats the plan you are going to cap differently most of the time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    I will employ this strategy when betting on anything involving asians. I bet an asian tennis player - I lose. I bet a Korean or Japanese baseball side - I lose. I bet an asian soccer side or total - I lose. It's really amazing how consistent the losing is. Let's hope this gift I was blessed with (of never picking the correct asian) continues.
    This is a great question. See Opti's note.

*When I first started betting, I thought I knew a few things. Tried to apply that to bets. Failed badly...and I had the same idea you did. Just fade yourself. Truth is that it probably reverts to around 50/50.

*In practice, I really think it's best to listen to those around you. Co-workers and radio-hacks. When they start raving about a certain team, the water is getting too hot. Think about fading the team that's getting over-hyped. Telling you, that's the way to do it (IMHO).

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You can't really fade yourself as if you know thats the plan you are going to cap differently most of the time.
    What if you fade the fade of the fade of the fade of the fade?

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66435

As J.J. Gold would say: You still lose

Good Luck

Johnnythunder

Ok so after two more asian losses (the worst being Yang/Hsieh US Open Semis Doubles @ -210) I'm convinced fading myself will yield + results. Bet 1 came through tonight for 2 mbtc or about $52. Was liking Yuan over Podoroska from Toyko (WTA 250) and caught myself at the last moment before submitting a Yuan wager. I reversed the bet and took Podoroska. Felt a sense of calmness & as I fixed a snack felt strongly I had a winner. Prevailed in a tight 3 setter.

Current asian sports fade record 1-0 (+52 USD).

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Good thread, Thunder. This has merit.

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 336

It always happens to me when Luis Castillo is on the mound betting on him and against him. Seattle could be up 3 runs and then he started horsing around and smiling while doing it. Or if I bet against him, he'll pitch a gem.

My guarantee to lose a bet is when I double down. So confident on the game I'll place to big wagers and then the game is a complete disaster.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Good thread, Thunder. This has merit.
    Thanks Chucky

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
    It always happens to me when Luis Castillo is on the mound betting on him and against him. Seattle could be up 3 runs and then he started horsing around and smiling while doing it. Or if I bet against him, he'll pitch a gem.

My guarantee to lose a bet is when I double down. So confident on the game I'll place to big wagers and then the game is a complete disaster.
    Same...I think I'm 0-5 when I bet that POS. No matter how good a season he's having when i bet him he gets shellacked. This goes back a few years too.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273635

sometimes in horses Ill do that.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14521

Fade anybody.