acmeinvest
    acmeinvest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Serious issues with SportsInsight's Bet Labs

During the NCAAB tourneys I had a system give me a bunch of plays that I bet, and the plays disappeared by game time. There is nothing in the system that should have caused that. I emailed them about SI about. The same thing happened a week later with another system. I emailed them again and again never heard back from them. I was hoping they just weren't updating their college basketball data until late. But the same thing happened again with hockey last week. All these bogus plays were losers.

I had to stop using Bet Labs and will not use them again. This is after investing years of time, money, and energy to develop many decent systems there.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

I used to use them about 5 years ago. A lot of stuff made little sense (games showing as matches at game time and then not showing as historical matches, and vice versa). It's a decent platform to test ideas, but not reliable enough to trust that you are getting accurate backtest data.

Overall, I paid them thousands over the years. Them treating me like shit after all that time was the final straw. It sucks, bc the orig. interface was truly brilliant. I wish stock backtesting applications had anything near as nice. But the data quality and CS was rubbish.

acmeinvest
    acmeinvest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I agree with you. They were a bit better and more responsive before being taken over by SI. The closest thing I've found to it in stock backtesting is Portfolio123. It's a bit clunky but useful.