Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Decimal odds calculator

I find it odd that there is not as much info on how to work decimal odds, it took me a bit of scrounging online to come up with a calculator that's easy for me to understand. I don't know how good it is and am looking for advice to improve it. I used a sledgehammer approach with having separate calculators for different bet types (2-way, 3-way, 4-way etc.).

One thing that I can't get my head around is how to calculate if there's a way to tell which side of the bet has more vig on it. Another thing that comes up is how long odds will stretch your results so not sure on the accuracy.

So if there's any advice, corrections and improvements that you guys out there can give me, much appreciated.

Here it is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9...alculators.ods

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

didn't download the program but decimal odds is the one I prefer to use over the American odds. Decimal odds are better to use if you want to calculate how much you will be winning, while American is better for knowing how much to wager. decimal= (100/american odds)+1 if its a +money line you just -100 and thats the decimal line.

for example -130 would mean 100/130=.769+1=1.769
    +450 would mean 450-1=350=3.50 in decimal.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    didn't download the program but decimal odds is the one I prefer to use over the American odds. Decimal odds are better to use if you want to calculate how much you will be winning, while American is better for knowing how much to wager. decimal= (100/american odds)+1 if its a +money line you just -100 and thats the decimal line.

for example -130 would mean 100/130=.769+1=1.769
    +450 would mean 450-1=350=3.50 in decimal.
    +450 is 5.5 in decimal odds.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    +450 is 5.5 in decimal odds.
    thx for the headsup.
    subtracted 1 instead of adding it.was in a hurry when I was writing this.

froment
    Gubbed.Me
    froment's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    how to calculate if there's a way to tell which side of the bet has more vig on it.
    There's always more wig on the underdog. Relying on this article, vig is proportional not to odds directly, but to their logarithm.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

SBR has had an Odds Converter for years