RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Valspar Championship

Time to finish the "Florida Swing" this week. They now head over to Palm Harbor FL, actually a little Northeast of it, to play Innisbrook Resort, famous for the "Snake pit" which features holes 15, 16, and 17. There are numerous places players can get into trouble before they even reach that point, so again, accuracy off the tee box will be key to setting up for the approach shot. I looked for players who, have played well at this venue, and have been playing well this year. This is not a spot where I wanted to pick a player who hasn't had a top 10 finish this year. I think the player has to be playing well coming into this event. Here is what I dug up.

Justin Thomas +900 I think he's sitting on a big 4 days. He's been lurking in almost every event he's played this year, and he would really like to grab a win here to join his childhood friend, Jordan Spieth, who is struggling right now. Has played well here in the past, and looks set to lift the hardware come Sunday.

Adam Hadwin +6600 I had to really look long at him. I'm going to give him a shot this week, only because I love that number on a guy who won this event in 2017. In the last 10 events at the Valspar, only 2 winners shot lower than this guy, last years winner Sam Burns came out with 267, which is downright sick, and in 2011 Gary Woodland did it with a 269. If Hadwin can match the 270 he had when he won, he more than likely takes it down.

Gary Woodland +7000 Let's give another past champ a shot, here. At this number, I'd be a fool not to. He's been playing well in his last two events, and one can only hope he can repeat that 2011 performance. I know it's been 11 years, but at least he knows the track really well at a time where he's been playing well enough to maybe take down this event once again.

Should be a better week than last as far as weather and betting. Last week was a nightmare, but sunny skies are ahead, and as usual, I will be posting my matchup plays. Have fun!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You could also say Thomas is due for a bad round

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Hatton +2500 to win. Also top 5 +500. All DK

Adam Hadwin +6000. Top 10 +600.

Varner over Hughes -110

Played Innsbruck few times. Great course.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

Varner over Hughes -110

That's awesome, Philly. That's a tough track for the average golfer.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Hadwin with a great round 1!

RangeFinder

Hadwin with a great round 1!
    He's also leading right now!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Varner over Hughes -110

Another +600 winner with Hadwin