boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Snell in mid-season form with 4.1ip 3er 9K and a wp to go with his loss

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    Snell in mid-season form with 4.1ip 3er 9K and a wp to go with his loss
    He usually sucks until the all star break.

Not the start I was hoping for but it is a long season....

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres finally woke up and scored some runs

Hoping for a split this afternoon

For some reason, the Rockies and Cj Cron absolutely own us the past few years

JAKEPEAVY21

Dahl and Kim go back to back dingers in the bottom of the 9th to walk it off and turn a 4-3 deficit into a 5-4 win

Kim has become a huge fan favorite, the guy is a solid all around player

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres blow a 5-1 lead...

Quite concerned about the bullpen at the moment with many key injuries

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

The Braves have been without closer Raisel Iglesias in the early going. The veteran reliever was sidelined during the final week of March with inflammation in his throwing shoulder. The club announced he’d be shut down for at least a week and he opened the season on the 15-day injured list.
    It appears that stint will linger beyond the minimal two weeks. Manager Brian Snitker informed reporters on Monday that Iglesias has yet to resume throwing (link via Justin Toscano of the Atlanta Journal Constitution). The Braves have continued to evaluate the righty’s progress, though Snitker noted they won’t have any kind of recovery timetable in place until Iglesias is able to pick up a ball.
    A.J. Minter and Jesse Chavez have each picked up a save this season. The latter’s was a one-out appearance during today’s 5-2 win over the Cardinals after Collin McHugh had thrown 27 pitches. The highest-leverage work in the season’s first week has fallen to Dylan Lee, McHugh and Chavez. Minter and righty Joe Jiménez also figure to be in the mix for important work as the year goes along. They’ll all be up a peg in the pecking order so long as Iglesias is on the shelf.
    Injuries have also been a story on the rotation front. Atlanta placed Ian Anderson on the minor league injured list this morning. Toscano tweets that Anderson has a right elbow injury and is being evaluated.
    There’s no word on the issue’s severity, though any problem with a pitcher’s throwing elbow raises some amount of concern. Anderson will miss at least the next week of action at Triple-A Gwinnett. It’s possible he’s sidelined beyond the minimal stay, which would further thin an Atlanta rotation that has faced some questions early in the season.
    The Braves were already set to rely on a pair of pitchers who had never previously pitched in the majors as part of the season-opening rotation. Jared Shuster and Dylan Dodd jumped Anderson and Bryce Elder on the depth chart in Spring Training. Ace Max Fried landed on the 15-day IL after straining his hamstring on Opening Day. The Braves recalled Elder, pushing Anderson into the #6 role on the depth chart before the elbow soreness.
    Fortunately, Atlanta should soon welcome back Kyle Wright from an IL stint of his own. The righty was slowed in camp by a sore shoulder. He opened the season on the 15-day IL to buy him a bit more time to build strength. He made a rehab start for Gwinnett this evening. The bottom line results weren’t great — he allowed five runs in a 6-3 loss — but Wright worked six innings and tossed 84 pitches. That indicates he’s mostly stretched out and figures to make his next start at the MLB level. He’s first eligible to return on April 11, which would be a home start against Cincinnati.

EmpireMaker

White Sox closer Liam Hendriks announced this morning on Instagram that he’s finished his rounds of chemotherapy. The right-hander posted a brief video of himself ringing a hospital victory bell to a round of cheers, accompanied by a lengthy post.
    Five months ago my life changed forever,” Hendriks wrote. “You never think you will be the one who hears ’you have cancer’ but there I was … in shock and fear not knowing what comes next. I started treatment after so many life-altering appointments on January 9, 2023. Every 28 days, I would have another round. Every 28 days, I got closer to the PET scan that would dictate how many more rounds there would be. Every 28 days, I got closer to this moment.
    These past five months have been both the quickest and slowest of my life. Being able to ring this victory bell has been one of the most emotional things I’ve ever done. I cannot thank my team of doctors and nurses enough for coming up with the best medical plan for me. No words can express the gratitude I have for them saving my life.
    Hendriks goes on to thank his wife for her support, as well as expressing gratitude to the rest of his family, friends and fans.
    It’s obviously a welcome and heartwarming development. The White Sox announced on January 8 that Hendriks would begin treatment after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The team has understandably been reluctant to divulge much about the recovery, though general manager Rick Hahn provided reason for optimism last week when he told reporters Hendriks was responding well to treatment (relayed by Daryl Van Shouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times). Chicago refrained from placing the All-Star on the 60-day injured list, at least leaving open the possibility he could be back on an MLB mound by May.
    The club hasn’t provided further specifics about Hendriks’ potential return to game action. The pitcher’s health has of course taken precedence throughout the past few months, though Hendriks teased he’d “see (White Sox fans) on the South Side soon

boscokid

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    White Sox closer Liam Hendriks announced this morning on Instagram that he’s finished his rounds of chemotherapy.
    Saw this today then noticed he was unowned in my league - guess there are worse ways to use a bench spot. Also saw Omar Narvaez is gonna miss 2 months so figured 'hey' why not add Mets #1 prospect Francisco Alvarez too.

Fortunately I have Clase and Will Smith so these are both luxury stashes. Now if we can just get Snell to pitch like a major leaguer...........

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Padres blow a 5-1 lead...

Quite concerned about the bullpen at the moment with many key injuries
    Are the Padres just really inconsistent or are they not quite as good as advertized? I think they're a good ball club with a lot of talent but so far this season they've gotten off to a slow start. It's still early and a lot of teams are struggling that we thought would be good but I thought SD would at least give the Dodgers a run for their money.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Are the Padres just really inconsistent or are they not quite as good as advertized? I think they're a good ball club with a lot of talent but so far this season they've gotten off to a slow start. It's still early and a lot of teams are struggling that we thought would be good but I thought SD would at least give the Dodgers a run for their money.
    Not a great start but I am not panicking after 8 games.

Still without Tatis, and numerous high leverage bullpen arms, Musgrove and a few others.

I fully expect them to hit their stride eventually.

That Soto trade has been awful, he has not hit the entire time he has been in San Diego.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Not a great start but I am not panicking after 8 games.

Still without Tatis, and numerous high leverage bullpen arms, Musgrove and a few others.

I fully expect them to hit their stride eventually.

That Soto trade has been awful, he has not hit the entire time he has been in San Diego.
    Yeah its still real early and Tatis is coming back soon so maybe when he gets back the lineup starts taking off.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Only 8 games in and the Giants are super frustrating to watch. They are too inconsistent with the bats and I don't think their bullpen is very good. They should've beat the Royals 2 out of 3 at least and now they're in danger of being swept. Gonna be a long season unfortunately for my team.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Only 8 games in and the Giants are super frustrating to watch. They are too inconsistent with the bats and I don't think their bullpen is very good. They should've beat the Royals 2 out of 3 at least and now they're in danger of being swept. Gonna be a long season unfortunately for my team.
    Padres lost a similar game earlier in the week...those 3-4+ run leads in the 6th inning or later are rough losses to overcome.

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres take 3/4 in Atlanta and really should have swept...

On to New York where they should be lathered up and wanting revenge after the Padres ended their season last year...

JAKEPEAVY21

Cross, your Cubs won after being down 7-0 early...that should build confidence going forward.

JAKEPEAVY21

Saw this today then noticed he was unowned in my league - guess there are worse ways to use a bench spot. Also saw Omar Narvaez is gonna miss 2 months so figured 'hey' why not add Mets #1 prospect Francisco Alvarez too.

Fortunately I have Clase and Will Smith so these are both luxury stashes. Now if we can just get Snell to pitch like a major leaguer...........
    bosco, your man Snell on the hill this morning...

Never know what to expect from him...if he could ever show any consistency...

boscokid

bosco, your man Snell on the hill this morning...

Never know what to expect from him...if he could ever show any consistency...
    Ha - me and Blake have a complicated relationship, I actually benched him this week @Mets in favor of Nate Eovaldi vs Royals.

If history is any indication look for him to spin a gem today

JAKEPEAVY21

Ha - me and Blake have a complicated relationship, I actually benched him this week @Mets in favor of Nate Eovaldi vs Royals.

If history is any indication look for him to spin a gem today
    Tremendous news for Padres fans!

boscokid

Also lost Cruz this week to injury bug so needed a replacement SS in a 12 man league that also uses MI position and 7 player benches. LOL that means 29 shortstops were already rostered.

TLDR - I lose Oneil Cruz and now have something called a 'Perdomo' at short. #fantasysadness

JAKEPEAVY21

Is Tatis ready? I'd say so, he went 5-6 with 3 homers and 8 rbis in AAA last night.

He is due back with the Padres next week

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Now how will the rays respond?

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres playing very spotty baseball...not impressed thus far.

JAKEPEAVY21

Tatis with 4 hits and 2 more homers last night in AAA El Paso...that's 5 homers the past 2 games

Can't wait to get him back with the Padres next week..

https://www.mlb.com/padres/news/fern...-5-for-el-paso

JAKEPEAVY21

Juan Soto has morphed into Eric Hosmer...worse actually

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Padres playing very spotty baseball...not impressed thus far.
    The West is a three horse race this year I think though. Dodgers, Padres and Diamondbacks the class of the division with the Rockies and Giants bringing up the rear.

JAKEPEAVY21

Looks like this thread died along with the forum.

Many longtime contributors do not chime in anymore.

EmpireMaker

Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette reports the Pirates and outfielder Bryan Reynolds are in agreement on an eight-year, $106.75 million contract extension.
    Advice: Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic adds that the deal includes a $20 million club option for 2031, a six-team no-trade list, and no opt outs. After months of back-and-forth negotiations, the saga is finally over with Reynolds staying in Pittsburgh through at least 2030. The 28-year-old outfielder, who had two arbitration-eligible seasons left after this season, is batting .294/.319/.553 with five homers, 18 RBI and three stolen bases through 22 games. He's now firmly entrenched as one of Pittsburgh's foundational building blocks for years to come.

EmpireMaker

The Tigers have been without left-hander Tarik Skubal since he underwent surgery to repair a flexor tear in his forearm last August. Detroit hasn’t provided a specific recovery timeline for the 26-year-old hurler, though he’s out until at least late May after starting the year on the 60-day injured list. Skubal is soon to hit a notable marker in his rehab process, as he’s in line to throw his first post-surgery bullpen session this week (link via Evan Petzold of the Detroit Free-Press).
    Skubal will certainly need multiple ’pen sessions and likely some live batting practice work before he’s ready to step into game action. Petzold notes the club is still without a firm timetable on when he might embark on a minor league rehab stint. That he’s throwing is obviously a plus and provides some hope he could return when or not long after he’s first eligible. Skubal developed into perhaps Detroit’s best pitcher before the injury, working to a 3.52 ERA with a 24.5% strikeout percentage through 21 starts last year.
    Some updates on other injured pitchers around the league:

• Cubs starter Kyle Hendricks will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Iowa on Thursday, tweets Bruce Levine of 670 The Score. The right-hander is still working back from a capsular tear in his throwing shoulder suffered last August. He’s been throwing for the better part of six weeks but the club has understandably taken a cautious approach to building him up. Hendricks will require multiple rehab starts, with Levine suggesting the hope is he can return to the Wrigley Field mound in the middle of May. The 33-year-old worked to a career-worst 4.80 ERA over 84 1/3 innings last season. He’s headed into the final guaranteed year of his contract, with the Cubs deciding on a net $14.5MM decision for 2024 ($16MM option, $1.5MM buyout) at year’s end.
    • The Philliesare also sending one of their starters on a rehab stint this week. Left-hander Ranger Suárez will pitch two innings with Double-A Reading on Thursday, relays Matt Gelb of the Athletic. According to Gelb, he’s expected to make three or four minor league appearances before making his MLB season debut in the middle of May. The southpaw was slowed by a bout of forearm inflammation in Spring Training, part of a tough exhibition season from a health perspective for Philadelphia. He threw a personal-high 155 1/3 innings with a 3.65 ERA and an excellent 55.4% ground-ball percentage in 29 starts last year.
    • Royals left-hander Daniel Lynch threw a bullpen session this afternoon, tweets Anne Rogers of MLB.com. He’s expected to log three innings in an extended Spring Training game on Thursday before beginning a rehab stint. That could position Lynch for his season debut in mid-May after a strain in his throwing shoulder shut him down at the end of Spring Training. One of the expected key starters for K.C. coming out of their rebuild, Lynch has had up-and-down results in his first two big league campaigns. He allowed a 5.13 ERA across 131 2/3 innings last season. With Kris Bubic lost for the season and Brady Singer struggling in the early going, a step forward from the 26-year-old Lynch takes on all the more importance for the Royals in the long term.

boscokid

Looks like this thread died along with the forum.

Many longtime contributors do not chime in anymore.
    A true ghost town - it took me 3 days to get my password reset and its still not technically fixed - software sucks, never got any reset emails then got about 10 2 days later they called 'expired' and unable to change so I guess I will use the temporary one until it expires too

fkn joke

EmpireMaker

The Rangers announced that right-hander Jacob deGrom has been placed on the 15-day injured list due to inflammation in his throwing elbow. The move comes a day after deGrom was removed early from his start against the Yankees due to what was initially termed as forearm tightness. In the corresponding move, Texas called up right-hander Yerry Rodriguez from Triple-A to take deGrom’s spot on the active roster.

boscokid

You know things are sad when you cant even use Blake Snell on his 2 start week.

Rather take my one start chances with Eovaldi @ LAA and Hunter Brown home vs SFG

JAKEPEAVY21

You know things are sad when you cant even use Blake Snell on his 2 start week.

Rather take my one start chances with Eovaldi @ LAA and Hunter Brown home vs SFG
    Snell finally had a halfway decent outing

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Peavy, would you like to take back the cancer known as Eric Hosmer?

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Peavy, would you like to take back the cancer known as Eric Hosmer?
    No thank you...I have been hearing some interesting things about Hosmer lately. Apparently, he outright refused to ever work on his defense while with the Padres because he won Gold Gloves earlier in his career. Good riddance.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

His replacement Matt Mervis just got called up so dfa time gotta be soon!

First ... 89101112 Last