hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

NHL 2020-21 season Fantasy & Chat thread

In a normal year, we'd have started the regular season already. But the global pandemic caused a 4-month pause to the 2019-20 season, and it wasn't until Sept.28 that the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Dallas Stars in 6 games to win the Stanley Cup.

After batting around the idea of starting the 2020-21 season as early as December, the NHL and NHLPA put forth a more realistic start date of next season as Jan. 1, 2021

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said this Oct.6: “Based upon what we have learned and what we know and what we still don’t know, I can say that we are now focused on a Jan. 1 start for next season.”

From a marketing perspective, Jan. 1, 2021 makes a lot of sense to start the next NHL season. For one thing, plenty of hockey fans associate Jan. 1 with the Winter Classic. Beyond that, the NHL could use marketing such as “New Year, New Season.”

Of course, the NHL aiming for a Jan. 1 start date doesn’t mean that will happen. If the past week of world news reminded us of anything, it’s that COVID-19 can strike just about anyone.

The NHL announced that the start date for training camps has yet to be determined. Early on, reports indicate that the bubble won’t return for 2020-21

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Thanks for starting a new thread Hotcross .

Gallagher agrees to six-year, $39 million extension with Canadiens

Forward could have become free agent after season; contract runs through 2026-27

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Brendan Gallagher agreed to a six-year, $39 million contract extension with the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday. It has an average annual value of $6.5 million and will run through the 2026-27 NHL season.

The 28-year-old forward could have become an unrestricted free agent after this season, which will be the final season of a six-year contract he signed Nov. 29, 2014.
    "I couldn't see myself playing anywhere else," Gallagher said on Twitter on Wednesday. "I've had a pretty good run so far, eight pretty good years, I'm excited to play in front of you [fans] for the next seven, at least, and hopefully we can win the ultimate prize."
    Gallagher scored 43 points (22 goals, 21 assists) in 59 games with the Canadiens last season and tied Tomas Tatar for the Montreal lead in goals. He scored four points (one goal, three assists) in nine postseason games. The Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in four games in the best-of-5 Stanley Cup Qualifiers before they were defeated in six games by the Philadelphia Flyers in the Eastern Conference First Round.
    The Canadiens this offseason have added forward Tyler Toffoli as a free agent (four years, $4.25 million per season) and traded for forward Josh Anderson and goalie Jake Allen. Anderson (seven years, 5.5 million per season) and Allen (two-year extension, $2.8 million per season) each then signed a new contract.
    "I love what [general manager Marc Bergevin] has done this [offseason]," Gallagher said. "We're going to have a very competitive team and the guys are excited. Again, pretty excited over here."
    Selected by Montreal in the fifth round (No. 147) of the 2010 NHL Draft, Gallagher has scored 334 points (173 goals, 161 assists) in 547 regular-season games, including scoring at least 20 goals four times in the past six seasons. Gallagher has scored 25 points (11 goals, 14 assists) in 49 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    "I'll be able to live a happy life post-hockey, that's not going to be a worry," Gallagher said Sept. 14. "I want to enjoy my time and my experience. You want to have an opportunity to be a winner. That's really what you want to be remembered for. Going into this next contract, however many years you sign for, you want to be in a position where you have that opportunity each and every season."

hotcross

if they are able to keep on track to start the season on January 1, 2021
    it will begin with the 2021 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®
    St. Louis Blues vs. Minnesota Wild

outdoor game at Target Field in Minneapolis, MN

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post

Sounds good , perfect time to start .

mr. leisure

Thornton signs one-year, $700,000 contract with Maple Leafs

41-year-old center played 15 seasons with Sharks, is NHL active leader in points

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post

Great way to start the season.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Thornton signs one-year, $700,000 contract with Maple Leafs

41-year-old center played 15 seasons with Sharks, is NHL active leader in points
    Can't imagine him helping the Leafs much but at the league minimum its worth a shot.

mr. leisure

Ducks add Shattenkirk as veteran voice in bid for playoff return

Hope signing Stanley Cup champion helps inspire younger teammates

by David Satriano @davidsatriano / NHL.com Staff Writer

The Anaheim Ducks hope the acquisition of a Stanley Cup champion can help them return to the postseason.

The Ducks, one of seven NHL teams that did not make the Stanley Cup Qualifiers last season, have made one significant move, agreeing to a three-year contract with Kevin Shattenkirk on Oct. 9, the first day of free agency. The defenseman won the Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning last season.
    "Getting the opportunity to have that experience last year with Tampa Bay only breeds confidence into you as a player when you get to go that far and win it," Shattenkirk said. "It's my job to bring that to Anaheim and let a lot of the guys there, who maybe are younger and haven't had too much [Stanley Cup] Playoff experience, know that this team is fully capable of doing it."

The 31-year-old is Anaheim's oldest defenseman. He joins the Ducks' veteran leadership group with captain Ryan Getzlaf, 35, and forwards David Backes, 36; Adam Henrique, 30; and Jakob Silfverberg, 30.
    "There's some players who have been there, kind of the guys that I know who have been playing in the League for as long as I have, who are looked upon as kind of the big names on the team," Shattenkirk said. "But then you have some younger players who it's time for them to take the next step, and I feel in my mind just in playing against them … I feel that it's a great group to be a part of and it was a group that I wanted to join and feel like I can bring some of that leadership to the locker room."
    Among those younger players are 23-year-old forward Troy Terry and 22-year-old forwards Max Jones and Sam Steel; each played at least 47 games with Anaheim last season, but none scored more than 22 points.
    "I think you're going to see improvement with some of our young guys," Ducks general manager Bob Murray said, "and if we get improvement with some of the young guys, which it's time for, and you get some more consistency from the middle-aged guys, I think we can be right there fighting for a playoff spot. There's no reason we can't be."

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Can't imagine him helping the Leafs much but at the league minimum its worth a shot.
    Yeah , maybe a veteran voice in the locker room .

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The Boston Bruins are bringing back another one of their own free agents.

The team announced Tuesday morning it has signed forward Karson Kuhlman to a two-year contract worth $1.5 million, including an NHL salary cap hit of $725,000. The B's also noted it's a two-way deal in the first year and a one-way deal in the second year.

mr. leisure

Mikheyev signs two-year contract with Maple Leafs

Forward to receive $1.6 million annually, avoids arbitration hearing

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

ya Mikheyev signed a two-year, $3.29 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday. It has an average annual value of $1.6 million.

The 26-year-old forward was a restricted free agent and avoided a salary arbitration hearing scheduled for Wednesday. He scored 23 points (eight goals, 15 assists) in 39 regular-season games with the Maple Leafs last season and did not play after injuring his right wrist Dec. 27.
    He returned for the best-of-5 Stanley Cup Qualifiers but did not score a point in the Maple Leafs' five-game loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets.
    Mikheyev was signed by Toronto as an undrafted free agent May 6, 2019.

yisman

The Boston Bruins have signed another one of their 2015 first-round draft picks. This time it's right winger Zach Senyshyn on a one-year, two-way contract with an NHL salary cap hit of $700,000, the team announced Wednesday.

Senyshyn was a restricted free agent this offseason.

mr. leisure

NHL postpones Winter Classic, All-Star Weekend for this season

Outdoor game in Minnesota, festivities in Florida won't be held due to coronavirus

by NHL Public Relations @PR_NHL

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League today announced the postponements of the 2021 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic and 2021 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend.

The 2021 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, featuring the Minnesota Wild facing the St. Louis Blues at Target Field in Minneapolis was scheduled for Jan. 1, 2021. The Florida Panthers were to host the 2021 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida, scheduled for Jan. 29-30, 2021. The events have been postponed due to the ongoing uncertainty resulting from the coronavirus. The League intends to return to Minnesota and Florida for these signature events in the near future.
    "Fan participation, both in arenas and stadiums as well as in the ancillary venues and events that we stage around the Winter Classic and All-Star Weekend, is integral to the success of our signature events," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Content Officer Steve Mayer. "Because of the uncertainty as to when we will be able to welcome our fans back to our games, we felt that the prudent decision at this time was to postpone these celebrations until 2022 when our fans should be able to enjoy and celebrate these tentpole events in-person, as they were always intended. We are also considering several new and creative events that will allow our fans to engage with our games and teams during this upcoming season."
    Today's announcement does not impact the joint declaration by the NHL and NHL Players' Association on Oct. 6 that we are targeting on or around Jan. 1 as the start date for the upcoming NHL season.

yisman

they had to postpone given that the season got pushed back so much

yisman

yisman

We still do not know when exactly the 2020-21 NHL season will begin or what it will look like when it does, but the league told owners on Friday that it is still hoping to play a full 82-game schedule with a hopeful Jan. 1 start date.
    All of that is still subject to change as the league admits the season could take on a different form.
    “The goal is still to start as early as Jan. 1 and to play a full season,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly said on Friday, via NHL.com.
    “Having said that, we also recognize, depending on a host of different things, that it could take a different form and we might not be playing a full season, we might not be playing into the summer, we might not be starting on Jan. 1. So there’s still a lot of uncertainty.”

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    We still do not know when exactly the 2020-21 NHL season will begin or what it will look like when it does, but the league told owners on Friday that it is still hoping to play a full 82-game schedule with a hopeful Jan. 1 start date.
    All of that is still subject to change as the league admits the season could take on a different form.
    “The goal is still to start as early as Jan. 1 and to play a full season,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly said on Friday, via NHL.com.
    “Having said that, we also recognize, depending on a host of different things, that it could take a different form and we might not be playing a full season, we might not be playing into the summer, we might not be starting on Jan. 1. So there’s still a lot of uncertainty.”
    Looking good .

yisman

October 25

Buffalo Sabres sign Sam Reinhart to a one-year, $5.2 million contract. (link)
    • Buffalo Sabres sign Linus Ullmark to a one-year, $2.6 million contract.

October 24

Calgary Flames sign Josh Leivo to a one-year, $875,000 contract.
    October 23

• Calgary Flames sign Nikita Nesterov to a one-year, $700,000 contract.
    Carolina Hurricanes sign Gustav Forsling to a one-year, $700,000 contract.
    Dallas stars sign Landon Bow to a one-year, $700,000 contract.
    Minnesota Wild signs Louis Belpidio to a one-year, $700,000 contract.
    • Minnesota Wild signs Marco Rossi to a three-year, $5.325 million contract.
    Toronto Maple Leafs sign Travis Dermott to a one-year, $874,125 contract.

mr. leisure

Hanzal announces retirement from NHL

Forward played 12 seasons for Coyotes, Wild, Stars

Martin Hanzal has retired from the NHL.

The 33-year-old forward last played for the Dallas Stars against the New York Islanders on Dec. 23, 2018, nine months after he had spinal fusion surgery.
    It was the third surgery for Hanzal, who had a history of back injuries. In July 2008, he had surgery to repair a herniated disk before having another surgery on his back in February 2015.
    "It's a little bit of a relief because the last couple of years I wasn't sure if I'd play another NHL game or be healthy again, so now it's official: I am retired from the NHL," Hanzal told AZ Coyotes Insider on Sunday. "If I was healthy, I would probably still be playing, but after three back surgeries, and especially after the last one, I just can't do it anymore. I was doing everything I could after this last one, and it took me a year to get back on the ice.
    "When I went to see the doctor again, it was either do another surgery or be done playing. Even the doctor said, 'We're not sure another surgery will help.' I still have a long life ahead of me. I don't want to do another surgery when it's not 100 percent sure it will even help."
    Selected by the Phoenix Coyotes with the No. 17 pick in the 2005 NHL Draft, Hanzal scored 338 points (127 goals, 211 assists) in 12 seasons with the Coyotes, Minnesota Wild and Stars. He scored the fastest hat trick from the start of a game in Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets history, his third goal coming 27 seconds into the second period of a 6-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Gila River Arena on Dec. 4, 2008.

Hanzal played 608 of his 673 NHL games for the Coyotes, scoring 313 points (117 goals, 196 assists) from 2007-2017, 15th most in Coyotes/Jets history.
    Hanzal and his brother, Jiri, recently founded HC Samson Ceske Budejovice, a semipro team in the Czech Republic, where he plays with fellow countrymen and former Coyotes teammates, forward Radim Vrbata and defenseman Rostislav Klesla.
    Hanzal said he hopes to play for HC Samson occasionally and that he still skates with his 8-year-old son, Marty Jr.
    "I feel fine," Hanzal said. "It's nice that I don't have people cross-checking me in my back in front of the net.
    "Of course, if I wasn't hurt, I would love to play a few more years so my kids could watch me play, but I believe that's part of life. I'm retired because of my injuries and I'm happy with my career and everything I did."

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Hanzal announces retirement from NHL

Forward played 12 seasons for Coyotes, Wild, Stars

Martin Hanzal has retired from the NHL.

The 33-year-old forward last played for the Dallas Stars against the New York Islanders on Dec. 23, 2018, nine months after he had spinal fusion surgery.
    It was the third surgery for Hanzal, who had a history of back injuries. In July 2008, he had surgery to repair a herniated disk before having another surgery on his back in February 2015.
    "It's a little bit of a relief because the last couple of years I wasn't sure if I'd play another NHL game or be healthy again, so now it's official: I am retired from the NHL," Hanzal told AZ Coyotes Insider on Sunday. "If I was healthy, I would probably still be playing, but after three back surgeries, and especially after the last one, I just can't do it anymore. I was doing everything I could after this last one, and it took me a year to get back on the ice.
    "When I went to see the doctor again, it was either do another surgery or be done playing. Even the doctor said, 'We're not sure another surgery will help.' I still have a long life ahead of me. I don't want to do another surgery when it's not 100 percent sure it will even help."
    Selected by the Phoenix Coyotes with the No. 17 pick in the 2005 NHL Draft, Hanzal scored 338 points (127 goals, 211 assists) in 12 seasons with the Coyotes, Minnesota Wild and Stars. He scored the fastest hat trick from the start of a game in Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets history, his third goal coming 27 seconds into the second period of a 6-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Gila River Arena on Dec. 4, 2008.

Hanzal played 608 of his 673 NHL games for the Coyotes, scoring 313 points (117 goals, 196 assists) from 2007-2017, 15th most in Coyotes/Jets history.
    Hanzal and his brother, Jiri, recently founded HC Samson Ceske Budejovice, a semipro team in the Czech Republic, where he plays with fellow countrymen and former Coyotes teammates, forward Radim Vrbata and defenseman Rostislav Klesla.
    Hanzal said he hopes to play for HC Samson occasionally and that he still skates with his 8-year-old son, Marty Jr.
    "I feel fine," Hanzal said. "It's nice that I don't have people cross-checking me in my back in front of the net.
    "Of course, if I wasn't hurt, I would love to play a few more years so my kids could watch me play, but I believe that's part of life. I'm retired because of my injuries and I'm happy with my career and everything I did."
    Good move for him.....one of those players that you dont realize how long they played.

yisman

slow news

I expected to be hearing about stuff happening in October.

yisman

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Trevor Daley’s steadying presence on the blue line helped the Pittsburgh Penguins win consecutive Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017. The team hopes Daley can make the same impact in a different capacity as a hockey operations advisor.
    The 37-year-old Daley announced his retirement after 16 seasons on Monday in conjunction with his decision to begin his post-playing career by returning to the Penguins.
    The team said Daley will assist in player evaluations at both the NHL and minor league levels and help the coaching staff during games.

mr. leisure

Bertuzzi gets one-year, $3.5M contract with Red Wings from arbitrator

Forward scored NHL career-high 48 points last season

Tyler Bertuzzi was awarded a one-year, $3.5 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings by an independent arbitrator Tuesday.

The 25-year-old forward had a salary arbitration hearing Sunday. He was the first of 26 restricted free agents who filed for arbitration to have a hearing.
    Bertuzzi set an NHL career high in points (48) and tied his high in goals (21) in 71 games with Detroit last season. He was selected to the 2020 NHL All-Star Game.
    Selected by Detroit in the second round (No. 58) of the 2013 NHL Draft, Bertuzzi has scored 119 points (49 goals, 70 assists) in 199 NHL games.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

The NHL produced flawless results with its twin-bubble playoff format over the summer. There were precisely zero positive tests for COVID-19, and the highly contested Stanley Cup was awarded in September.T
    However, that same formula to completely isolate players likely won't be an option for the next season to begin in early 2021.
    “I don’t think anybody is signing up to do another 60 days or anything extended like that,” new Sharks goalie Devan Dubnyk told NBC Sports California. “It’s really tough.”

mr. leisure

Galchenyuk signs one-year, $1.05 million contract with Senators

Forward scored 24 points with Wild, Penguins last season

Alex Galchenyuk signed a one-year, $1.05 million contract with the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old forward scored 24 points (eight goals, 16 assists) in 59 games with the Minnesota Wild and Pittsburgh Penguins last season, including seven points (three goals, four assists) in 14 games after he was traded to Minnesota on Feb. 10. He did not have a point in four postseason games.
    "Alex's signing represents another good addition for us at forward," Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said. "He's versatile in that he can play both left wing and center. He's gifted offensively, has been a solid power-play contributor and is a proven goal-scorer in this league."
    Selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the first round (No. 3) of the 2012 NHL Draft, Galchenyuk has scored 320 points (135 goals, 185 assists) in 549 regular-season games with the Wild, Penguins, Canadiens and Arizona Coyotes, including 106 power-play points (41 goals, 65 assists).
    Galchenyuk has scored 13 points (four goals, nine assists) in 32 postseason games.

yisman

The American Hockey League moved its projected start of next season back to Feb. 5 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, president and CEO Scott Howson announced Wednesday.

The AHL’s board of governors finalized that projected start date during a brief conference call. The AHL is the top minor-league affiliate for the NHL, which is targeting a Jan. 1 start for the season.

yisman

Arizona Coyotes cut ties with controversial draft pick Mitchell Miller

The Arizona Coyotes on Thursday renounced the rights to Mitchell Miller, their first draft pick of this month's NHL Draft, following an Arizona Republic examination into Miller's harassment of a developmentally disabled African-American classmate four years ago.

mr. leisure

Maroon signs two-year, $1.8 million contract to remain with Lightning

Forward won Stanley Cup each of past two seasons; defenseman Schenn gets one-year deal

Pat Maroon signed a two-year, $1.8 million contract to remain with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday. It has an average annual value of $900,000.

The 32-year-old forward was an unrestricted free agent. He scored 23 points (nine goals, 14 assists) in 64 games for the Lightning last season, and had six points (one goal, five assists) in 25 postseason games to help them win the Stanley Cup.
    Maroon won his second straight championship last season. He scored seven points (three goals, four assists) in 26 playoff games to help the St. Louis Blues win the Cup for the first time in their history in 2019.
    "To be in that category is something amazing," Maroon said after the Lightning won the Cup on Sept. 28. "… I can't believe I'm in this position again. … This is amazing. An amazing accomplishment for me and my teammates, and I'm happy to be still playing here."
    Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the sixth round (No. 161) of the 2007 NHL Draft, Maroon has scored 229 points (97 goals, 132 assists) in 513 regular-season games for the Lightning, Blues, New Jersey Devils, Edmonton Oilers and Anaheim Ducks, and 40 points (17 goals, 23 assists) in 98 playoff games.
    "He's a good teammate," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "He knows his role, so he's knows the minutes he's going to get. I'm a big believer in giving guys roles and make sure they all know what they are, and he knows his. He's got character and he is a character, so it's kind of two good attributes to have. Really good team guy."
    Luke Schenn signed a one-year $800,000 contract to stay with the Lightning. The 30-year-old defenseman was a UFA who scored three points (one goal, two assists) in 25 games last season and had two assists in 11 postseason games.
    Selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round (No. 5) of the 2008 NHL Draft, Schenn has scored 148 points (31 goals, 117 assists) in 759 regular-season games for the Lightning, Flyers, Arizona Coyotes, Los Angeles Kings and Maple Leafs, and five points (two goals, three assists) in 23 playoff games.

yisman

now North Dakota kicked Miller out of college

seems a bit absurd

mr. leisure

Hutchinson signs two-year contract with Maple Leafs

Goalie to get $725,000 annually at NHL level; Andersson gets three-year deal

Michael Hutchison signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday. It has an average annual value of $725,000 at the NHL level.

The 30-year-old goalie was 5-9-1 with a 3.47 goals-against average, .888 save percentage and one shutout in 16 games (12 starts) with the Maple Leafs and Colorado Avalanche last season.
    Hutchinson started one game for the Avalanche, making 17 saves in a 2-1 win at the Detroit Red Wings on March 2, after he was acquired in a trade with Toronto on Feb. 24.
    He was the Avalanche's third-string goalie entering the Stanley Cup Playoffs but was 2-1-0 with a 2.75 GAA and .910 save percentage in four games (three starts) after Philipp Grubauer and Pavel Francouz each was injured.
    Selected by the Boston Bruins in the third round (No. 77) of the 2008 NHL Draft, Hutchinson is 51-52-14 with a 2.80 GAA, .905 save percentage and five shutouts in 127 regular-season games (107 starts) with the Winnipeg Jers, Florida Panthers, Maple Leafs and Avalanche.
    The Maple Leafs also signed forward Joey Anderson to a three-year, two-way contract on Friday. It has an average annual value of $750,000 at the NHL level.
    Anderson, a restricted free agent, was acquired in a trade with the New Jersey Devils on Oct. 10 for forward Andreas Johnsson.

hotcross

Found these NHL Futures up.
    Anything look interesting / surprising?

There are 31 teams listed, but shouldn't Seattle be included?

23001 Anaheim Ducks +7000
    23002 Arizona Coyotes +3000
    23003 Boston Bruins +1200
    23004 Buffalo Sabres +6000
    23005 Calgary Flames +3500
    23006 Carolina Hurricanes +2500
    23007 Chicago Blackhawks +7000
    23008 Colorado Avalanche +700
    23009 Columbus Blue Jackets +4000
    23010 Dallas Stars +1500
    23011 Detroit Red Wings +12000
    23012 Edmonton Oilers +1800
    23013 Florida Panthers +4500
    23014 Los Angeles Kings +6000
    23015 Minnesota Wild +4500
    23016 Montreal Canadiens +3000
    23017 Nashville Predators +3000
    23018 New Jersey Devils +5000
    23019 New York Islanders +2000
    23020 New York Rangers +2300
    23021 Ottawa Senators +8000
    23022 Philadelphia Flyers +1800
    23023 Pittsburgh Penguins +1300
    23024 San Jose Sharks +4500
    23025 St. Louis Blues +1800
    23026 Tampa Bay Lightning +700
    23027 Toronto Maple Leafs +1500
    23028 Vancouver Canucks +2000
    23029 Vegas Golden Knights +750
    23030 Washington Capitals +1800
    23031 Winnipeg Jets +3000

mr. leisure

23027 Toronto Maple Leafs +1500
    Looks interesting

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Toronto always plays down to their potential.

yisman

Foegele signed a one-year, $2.15 million contract with the Hurricanes on Sunday, Michael Smith of the Hurricanes' official site reports.

mr. leisure

Hockey Hall of Fame delays 2020 inductions to November 2021

Will not hold elections for new members next year

The Hockey Hall of Fame will delay honoring its six-member Class of 2020 until November 2021 and will not hold elections for new members next year.

In June, the Hall elected Marian Hossa, Jarome Iginla, Kevin Lowe, Doug Wilson and Kim St-Pierre in the Players category, and Ken Holland in the Builders category. On Aug. 10, the Hall announced that the 2020 Induction Weekend/Celebration, scheduled for Nov. 13-16 in Toronto, had been officially postponed because of the coronavirus.
    "The magic of the induction weekend from the perspective of the new inductees is participating in several days of close interaction with family, friends, former teammates, fellow legends and fans," chairman Lanny McDonald said Friday. "On that premise, the board felt that this was the right decision to bestow upon the Class of 2020 the recognition and lifetime experience they so richly deserve in all ways consistent with past induction classes."
    The Hall also re-appointed David Branch, Brian Burke, Marc de Foy, Mike Gartner, Anders Hedberg and Pierre McGuire to the Selection Committee. Each will serve a three-year term that expires Dec. 31, 2024.

1234 ... Last