mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The New York Rangers announced Sunday night that franchise legend and Hockey Hall of Famer Rod Gilbert has passed away. He was 80.
    Gilbert suited up at forward for the Rangers from 1960-78, finishing his NHL career with 406 goals and 1,021 total points. The Montreal native was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1982.
    Damn , 18 years with the same team .

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Jimmy Hayes, who won a national hockey championship at Boston College and played seven seasons in the NHL, has died. He was 31.
    A law enforcement official said medics were called Monday to the Hayes home in the Boston suburbs, where he was pronounced dead. No other details were disclosed.

mr. leisure

Jimmy Hayes, who won a national hockey championship at Boston College and played seven seasons in the NHL, has died. He was 31.
    A law enforcement official said medics were called Monday to the Hayes home in the Boston suburbs, where he was pronounced dead. No other details were disclosed.

RIP ... 31 years old is way too young .

yisman

The wife of Jimmy Hayes, the former NHL player who was found dead in his home just outside of Boston on Monday, posted a brief but heartfelt message about her husband’s passing on Tuesday.
    Kristen Hayes shared a picture of the couple holding their two sons, 2-year-old Beau and 3-month-old Mac, to her Instagram stories.
    "My angel I love you so much," she began. "I miss you. I don’t know how I’m going to do life without you. You should be here. This isn’t fair."

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

The New York Rangers announced Sunday night that franchise legend and Hockey Hall of Famer Rod Gilbert has passed away. He was 80.
    Gilbert suited up at forward for the Rangers from 1960-78, finishing his NHL career with 406 goals and 1,021 total points. The Montreal native was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1982.
    Rod Gilbert is a Ranger icon. 'Mr. Ranger' was born in Montreal. Still NYR all time leading scorer.

The 1970 Rangers team had only two non-Canadian players, Tkaczuk from Germany, and Ab Demarco Jr., from Cleveland.

Glad he's in the HOF.

mr. leisure

Brassard signs one-year, $825,000 contract with Flyers

Free agent center scored 20 points in 53 games with Coyotes last season

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
    Derick Brassard signed a one-year, $825,000 contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old center, who was an unrestricted free agent, scored 20 points (eight goals, 12 assists) in 53 games with the Arizona Coyotes last season. He was first on the team in face-off winning percentage (52.6 percent; minimum 15 face-offs).
    Selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets with the No. 6 pick of the 2006 NHL Draft, Brassard has scored 503 points (194 goals, 309 assists) in 905 regular-season games with the Blue Jackets, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Penguins, Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche, New York Islanders and Coyotes. He has scored 68 points (25 goals, 43 assists) in 117 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    Brassard played under Flyers coach Alain Vigneault for three seasons with the Rangers from 2013-16.

yisman

Center Sean Couturier was signed to an eight-year, $62-million contract extension which will go into effect beginning with the 2022-23 season.

The deal is worth an average of $7.75 million per season.

mr. leisure

Svechnikov agrees to eight-year, $62 million contract with Hurricanes

Restricted free agent forward had 42 points last season, leads 2018 draft class in scoring

Andrei Svechnikov agreed to an eight-year, $62 million contract with the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday. It has an average annual value of $7.75 million through the 2028-29 season.

The 21-year-old forward was a restricted free agent. He scored 42 points (15 goals, 27 assists) in 55 games last season, tied for third on the Hurricanes with defenseman Dougie Hamilton (10 goals, 32 assists).

yisman

With his future in Buffalo uncertain, Sabres captain Jack Eichel is changing agents while in the midst of a long-standing dispute with the team over how to treat a neck injury, four people with direct knowledge of the player’s decision told The Associated Press on Friday.
    The people spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity because the paperwork for Eichel to switch agents is in the process of being submitted to the NHL Players’ Association. Sportsnet.ca first reported the development.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

The Sabres need to trade him quickly.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Yep, don`t think that is ever going to work .

yisman

Carolina Hurricanes are positioned to possibly swipe a talented young player from the Montreal Canadiens and they are having a lot of fun doing it.T
    The Hurricanes tendered an offer sheet on Saturday to Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi for one year, $6,100,035. Carolina then unleashed an avalanche of hilarious tweets poking fun at Montreal for the precarious position the Canadiens are now in.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

Anyone else think NY Rangers will be a surprise team? They got bigger and physical this offseason.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Anyone else think NY Rangers will be a surprise team? They got bigger and physical this offseason.
    Yes.

I like the Ryan Reaves addition .

yisman

I don't think they're a serious contender.

Reaves doesn't have much value. Vegas rarely played him.

They did it to try and prevent Wilson from injuring all their players.

mr. leisure

Exactly

BarkingToad

I don't think they're a serious contender.

Reaves doesn't have much value. Vegas rarely played him.

I agree Reaves alone isn’t a big deal, but Goodrow and Blaise bring much toughness as well as some skill. A couple of their defenseman are good as well as tough. Their new coach is good and should have never been fired by Vegas. If they get good goaltending, I still see this team as a real dark horse. They could wear down teams in long playoff series.

Checkerboard

[FONT="]Carolina Hurricanes are positioned to possibly swipe a talented young player from the Montreal Canadiens and they are having a lot of fun doing it.[FONT="]T[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="]The Hurricanes tendered an offer sheet on Saturday to Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi for one year, $6,100,035. Carolina then unleashed an avalanche of hilarious tweets poking fun at Montreal for the precarious position the Canadiens are now in.[/FONT]
    The Six Million Dollar Man!

I guess the Canes are hoping he flourishes with some new Finnish teammates, and under a different coach. Either that, or it's just a pure spite signing.

It'll be interesting to see what the Habs may be able to do with the 1 and 3 picks, if they end up with them.

yisman

On Expansion Draft day, Kraken head equipment manager Jeff Camelio made his first list of the 30 newly selected players, in order of the jersey number those players wore for previous teams.
    Next, General Manager Ron Francis and his hockey operations team drafted amateur players now invited to training camp. The team signed three big-name free agents on the first day of NHL Free Agency July 28. Camelio added defenseman Adam Larsson, goaltender Philipp Grubauer and center Alex Wennberg to his jersey number list.

The team has also traded away players and not picked up the free agent contracts of some drafted players. Plus, the hockey operations group has been busy signing a number of NHL-tested players who can compete for roster spots during September's training camp, provide NHL roster depth in case of injury or illness and fill out the group of eight to 12 players who will play for shared American Hockey League affiliate Charlotte.
    The list now stands at 37 with recent signings plus offering an amateur tryout to WHL Seattle Thunderbirds goalie Thomas Milic this past week.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Buffalo Siberieas. Fixed it for you.

rlouisk
    rlouisk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Stat hero

Just checked out STAT HERO and it has a 20% rake ????

mr. leisure

Murphy signs four-year contract extension with Blackhawks

Defenseman will get $4.4 million annually starting in 2022-23, scored 15 points last season

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Connor Murphy signed a four-year, $17.6 million contract extension with the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday. It will begin with the 2022-23 season and has an average annual value of $4.4 million.

The 28-year-old defenseman has one season remaining on the six-year contract he signed with the Arizona Coyotes on July 28, 2016. He scored 15 points (three goals, 12 assists) in 50 games last season, his fourth with Chicago after being acquired in a trade for Niklas Hjalmarsson on June 23, 2017.
    "When we acquired Connor in the summer of 2017, we had visions of him growing as both a player and leader in our organization for many years," Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said. "He has transformed into a defenseman capable of matching up with the opponent's best players and someone we trust to help us preserve a lead in the final minutes. Connor's voice carries weight in our locker room as a veteran presence, and we're thrilled that his development and leadership will continue as a Blackhawk."
    Selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in the first round (No. 20) of the 2011 NHL Draft, Murphy has scored 110 points (28 goals, 82 assists) in 494 regular-season games with the Coyotes and Blackhawks, and has four assists in nine Stanley Cup Playoff games.

yisman

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the team has signed forward Eeli Tolvanen to a three-year, $4.35 million contract.

mr. leisure

Parayko agrees to eight-year, $52 million contract extension with Blues

Defenseman will get $6.5M annually starting with 2022-23 season

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Colton Parayko agreed to an eight-year, $52 million contract extension with the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday. It will begin with the 2022-23 season and has an average annual value of $6.5 million.

The 28-year-old defenseman has one season remaining on the five-year, $27.5 million contract ($5.5 million AAV) he signed with the Blues on July 20, 2017.
    "I can't wait to wear the Blue Note for another nine years," Parayko said. "St. Louis has been my home now for six seasons, and this is where I want to be. All the relationships I've gained, the teammates I've had, and the organization have all had a big impact on me. Winning [the Stanley Cup] here in 2019 was special, and I want the chance to stay here and do that again."
    Parayko scored 12 points (two goals, 10 assists) and was minus-2 in 32 regular-season games. He missed 21 games from Feb. 18-April 3 because of a back injury; he scored four points (one goal, three assists) in 16 regular-season games after returning and had one assist in four Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    Selected by St. Louis in the third round (No. 86) of the 2012 NHL Draft, Parayko has scored 171 points (41 goals, 130 assists) and is plus-54 in 418 regular-season NHL games. He has scored 27 points (eight goals, 19 assists) and is plus-4 in 70 playoff games.

yisman

Pete Peeters, a former award-winning NHL goalie who likes to note he once gave up four goals to Wayne Gretzky in a single game, can now boast of something substantial in the world of fishing.

Peeters and a friend combined to catch what the Sturgeon Slayers guide service is calling “the biggest white sturgeon landed in the world.”

mr. leisure

Palmieri, Beauvillier, Cizikas, Sorokin sign with Islanders

Each receives multiyear contract with New York

Kyle Palmieri, Anthony Beauvillier, Casey Cizikas and Ilya Sorokin each signed a multiyear contract to remain with the New York Islanders on Wednesday. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Palmieri and Cizikas were unrestricted free agents, and Beauvillier and Sorokin were restricted free agents.
    Palmieri, who said he signed a four-year contract, scored 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) in 51 regular-season games with the New Jersey Devils and Islanders last season, including four points (two goals, two assists) in 17 games after he was traded to New York on April 7 along with forward Travis Zajac.
    Palmieri, a 30-year-old forward, scored nine points (seven goals, two assists) in 19 Stanley Cup Playoff games last season to help the Islanders reach the Stanley Cup Semifinals.
    "I'm thrilled," Palmieri said. "Obviously it was a place I wanted to be. I think the belief was that it was mutual, so I had a good feeling it was going to work itself out. I'm really excited to be a part of this organization."

Selected by the Anaheim Ducks with the No. 26 pick in the 2009 NHL Draft, Palmieri has scored 359 points (185 goals, 174 assists) in 612 regular-season games with the Ducks, Devils and Islanders, and 24 points (15 goals, nine assists) in 57 NHL playoff games.
    "I'm incredibly fortunate to have a situation like this," Palmieri said. "Being born on Long Island (Smithtown, New York) and growing up mostly in [New] Jersey and now spending a lot of time on Long Island, it's hard to pick one. But I think it's something that not a lot of guys get the opportunity to play in their hometown for any period of time during their career, and I've had a good chunk of it. I'm just really looking forward to the future here."
    Beauvillier, who said he signed a three-year contract, scored 28 points (15 goals, 13 assists) in 47 regular-season games and 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in 19 playoff games last season.
    The 24-year-old forward was selected by the Islanders with the No. 28 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft. He has scored 155 points (81 goals, 74 assists) in 333 regular-season NHL games and 29 points (15 goals, 14 assists) in 49 playoff games.
    "I'm very excited to be here long-term," Beauvillier said. "Obviously there's nowhere else I'd rather play. I feel like there's unfinished business in the past couple of years, that we haven't really accomplished our goal, so it's exciting to get back."

Cizikas did not disclose the length of his contract. He scored 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in 56 regular-season games and five points (two goals, three assists) in 19 playoff games last season.
    The 30-year-old forward was selected by the Islanders in the fourth round (No. 92) of the 2009 draft and has scored 185 points (81 goals, 104 assists) in 590 regular-season games and 15 points (five goals, 10 assists) in 69 playoff games.
    "Long Island's my home and it will always be my home," Cizikas said. "There was nowhere else I wanted to be. I want to retire an Islander. ... I was determined to stay. I didn't really focus on what else was happening out there, what guys were signing for. I wanted to be an Islander and we made that happen."
    Sorokin, who made his NHL debut Jan. 16, was 13-6-3 with a 2.17 goals-against average, a .918 save percentage and three shutouts in 22 games (21 starts) in the regular season and 4-1 with a 2.79 GAA and .922 save percentage in seven playoff games (five starts). His agent, Dan Milstein, said Sorokin signed a three-year contract.
    The 26-year-old goalie was selected by the Islanders in the third round (No. 78) of the 2014 NHL Draft.

yisman

The St. Louis Blues have signed forward Tanner Dickinson to a three-year entry-level contract.
    Dickinson, 19, was selected by the Blues in the fourth round (No. 119 overall) in the 2020 NHL Draft.

mr. leisure

Coyotes submit proposal for new arena: report

Hope to build in Tempe, Arizona, after talks to continue playing at Gila River Arena break down

The Arizona Coyotes confirmed they have submitted a proposal to build an arena in Tempe, Arizona, after the city of Glendale announced it would not renew its operating agreement with the team at Gila River Arena following this season.

"We remain incredibly excited about this extraordinary opportunity," the Coyotes told the Arizona Republic on Thursday.
    The Coyotes, who told the newspaper they could not comment further, reportedly would like to build an arena and entertainment district on 46 acres of land.
    NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman recently said the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix area. They have played at Gila River Arena since the start of the 2003-04 season.
    "I'm not worried about the Coyotes," Commissioner Bettman told WFAN 660 AM in New York on Aug. 19, the day Glendale announced it would not renew the agreement. "I think their future stays in the greater Phoenix area."
    As part of a year-by-year lease agreement between the Coyotes and Glendale, either party was able to decide not to renew for an additional year by providing written notice each year on or before Dec. 31.
    "We are disappointed by today's unilateral decision by the City of Glendale to break off negotiations on a multi-year lease extension agreement," Coyotes president and CEO Xavier A. Gutierrez said. "We are hopeful that they will reconsider a move that would primarily damage the small businesses and hard-working citizens of Glendale. We remain open to restarting good-faith negotiations with the City.
    "Most importantly, the Coyotes are 100 percent committed to finding a long-term arena solution here in Arizona, and nothing will shake our determination to do what is right for our organization, residents of the entire Valley and, most important, our fans."
    Commissioner Bettman said it was the latest step in talks between the two parties.
    "First of all, I don't think the Coyote franchise is going anywhere," he said. "I think the city of Glendale is negotiating.
    "There's no secret that Alex Meruelo, who's the owner of the Coyotes, is looking at his options to build a new arena somewhere else in greater Phoenix and I think the city of Glendale basically said to the Coyotes, you have to sign a 20-year lease or we're not going to renew."
    The Coyotes relocated from Winnipeg to Phoenix for the 1996-97 season and played at America West Arena downtown until moving to Glendale. They changed their geographic name from Phoenix to Arizona on June 27, 2014.

BarkingToad

Colton Parayko agreed to an eight-year, $52 million contract extension with the St. Louis Blues. It will begin with the 2022-23 season and has an average annual value of $6.5 million.

yisman

Hockey fans received some great news Friday when the NHL and NHLPA announced they have reached an agreement with the IIHF to send their players to the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.

BarkingToad

Hockey fans received some great news Friday when the NHL and NHLPA announced they have reached an agreement with the IIHF to send their players to the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
    Only Olympic sport worth watching as far as I’m concerned

Checkerboard

Colton Parayko agreed to an eight-year, $52 million contract extension with the St. Louis Blues. It will begin with the 2022-23 season and has an average annual value of $6.5 million.
    Another 8 year contract gamble for a defenseman. With Bouwmeester gone from the Cup pairing, and a nagging back injury Parayko becomes a bit of a mystery. The team is 11th in Defensive cap, yet 23rd in x-GA, and they still need a clear LH 4th.

These 8 year contracts could come back to haunt, just sayin'.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

ok puckheads, time for a new season thread, so created it >> go there !!

First ... 24252627