Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 874

Fake IPL Cricket Match Dupes Bettors

Video Here: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/engl...gamblers-duped

Fake cricket match with farm labourers pretending to be players, an Harsh Bhogle mimic for commentary, and online streaming of ‘IPL matches‘, all for betting.

The Gujarat Police have arrested four persons in a fake Indian Premier League (IPL) betting racket in the State with the matches being staged for punters, who orchestrated them from Russia.

The fake cricket matches were played amongst farm labourers in a small village in Mehsana who pretended to be players. While a Harsha Bhogle mimic gave commentary on the match, the umpire received instructions on a walkie-talkie from Russia.

The 'fake IPL' is quality. Bowler gets hit for four, casually answers his phone for a quick chat before bowling the next ball. Clearly, organisers didn't hold their Russian audiences in very high regard… pic.twitter.com/X3XYMFhcuX

— Ananth Krishnan (@ananthkrishnan) July 13, 2022
    The betting was done on fake cricket matches which were shown online on YouTube.

According to the police, the entire betting racket was being operated from Russia even as farm labourers and unemployed youth played or pretended to play matches on the field.

The bets on the matches were placed from the Russian cities of Tver, Voronezh and Moscow through a Telegram channel, as per the details shared by the local police in Mehsana district.

The police have arrested Dawda Shoyeb Abdulmjeed, Sefi Mahamad Saqib Riyazuddin, Koli Mahamad Abubakar and Davda Sadiq Abudlmajeed, while the alleged mastermind has been identified as Asif Mohammad, who is apparently based in Russia.

As per details, the incident took place at a remote farm in Molipur of Mehsana district in North Gujarat where the fake tournament was launched three weeks after the IPL season ended in May.

Match was a charade

The police claimed that the entire match was a charade to carry out bets that were being placed from Russia.

To make it look like a real IPL-like cricket tournament, the “players” installed not only a cricket pitch on a farm land next to a cemetery but also “boundary lines and halogen lamps.”

For cricket players, 20 farm labourers and unemployed local youth were hired for ₹400 per game, and they were dressed in jerseys of IPL teams to pull off a near-perfect con job.

Though the cricket matches were played on the ground in the village in North Gujarat, every move was orchestrated from Russia from where Asif allegedly used to signal or instruct the umpire after which a wicket would fall on the ground, or a sixer would be hit. The umpire received his instructions on his walkie-talkie set.

According to police Iinspector Bhavesh Rathod, the accused had even set up high-resolution cameras on the field and used computer-generated graphics to display scores on a live-streaming screen on YouTube. Even crowd noise sounds were downloaded and played during the live-streaming.

The police claimed that the local mastermind is Shoeb Davda who used to work in Russia and recently returned to his native in North Gujarat, while Asif orchestrated the racket from Russia and took bets from bookies.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/04/2022

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16622

I saw that. Brilliant!

The video I saw looked very suspicious tho. I would have thought something was up especially if I kept losing whatever bets you can make on cricket. I have no idea.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Been watching fake sport for years in the us

they call it the nba ...
    Points Awarded:

KiDBaZkiT gave johnnyvegas13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4065

pologq
    Only 2 Girls Short of a Threesome
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

slayer did you bet this?

gauchojake
    California Uber Alles
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1612

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/08/2022

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/01/2022

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 70

Omg I think the radar gun didn't pick the throw. It was less than 20 mph. And the batters reaction time was so bad he didn't even hit it. I have seen better cricket at the park here in Atlanta from Indians.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3092

No one should get fooled by this it looked like a club standard cricket match judging by the video footage

Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

Since when do Russians give a fuk about cricket? Why would they bet cricket while there are tons of soccer games going on. Shit doesn't make sense to me

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Since when do Russians give a fuk about cricket? Why would they bet cricket while there are tons of soccer games going on. Shit doesn't make sense to me
    Sanctions. They can bet anymore from Russia. Accounts blocked.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

Paver delete your reply
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-15-22 at 06:43 PM.

semibluff
    Thank you for fixing this
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8863

This incident is being investigated by the hard working folks at Team America: World Police.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5306

Cricket is the dumbest sport right up there with polo and wnba

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 60

How does someone put on a fake match??? You find idiots to wager on anything these days?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12349

stupid asss russsians lmfao

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Did they even make that much money?