Betpoints: 191

Fsu got screwed but somebody had to b

i don’t blame the committee for factoring in the injury

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

^
    And factor in the ACC is weak too.
    SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, are light years stronger than ACC.
    There is better competition in PAC 12 compared to the ACC.

Liberty ran the table too and won their CUSA championship.
    Liberty was 12-0 as well.

I'm not saying Conference USA is tougher than the ACC, you get my point...

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

totally disagree Nash. again you are talking about "perception" and not "reality". it's a big part of the problem. I'll just copy and paste my response from the other thread.

good thing I gamble because I would not give one fuk about the hypocrisy and garbage soiled stained panty waste institution that is known as the NCAA. (more specifically the selection committee). It's a complete and utter farce that Alabama made it in (only because of ratings, revenue, money, etc. and the fact that they have to meet their bylaw and prerequisite of having at least one SEC team in the field of 4!) Again, I totally understand Jordan Travis being out but FSU DESERVED the chance to play for a title. Whether they would have gotten their asses kicked or not is besides the point. Everybody says the ACC was weak but what exactly did Alabama prove this year? Let's look at the Tide's "impressive" resume, shall we?!

Alabama lost to Texas!
    Only scored 17 against 6-6 USF!
    Beat 7-5 Texas A&M by 6!
    Beat 4-8 Arkansas by 3. At home!
    Beat 6-6 Auburn by 3. and needed a 4th and 30 miracle to do it! the same damn Auburn team that got their asses kicked by New Mexico ST!
    Beat LSU by 14 (FSU beat LSU by 21)!

But this is a better resume than 13-0 Florida State? (who beat two SEC teams and went undefeated in a power 5 conference?) and won the ACC championship with a 3rd string QB!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash, and pablo222

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    totally disagree Nash. again you are talking about "perception" and not "reality". it's a big part of the problem. I'll just copy and paste my response from the other thread.

good thing I gamble because I would not give one fuk about the hypocrisy and garbage soiled stained panty waste institution that is known as the NCAA. (more specifically the selection committee). It's a complete and utter farce that Alabama made it in (only because of ratings, revenue, money, etc. and the fact that they have to meet their bylaw and prerequisite of having at least one SEC team in the field of 4!) Again, I totally understand Jordan Travis being out but FSU DESERVED the chance to play for a title. Whether they would have gotten their asses kicked or not is besides the point. Everybody says the ACC was weak but what exactly did Alabama prove this year? Let's look at the Tide's "impressive" resume, shall we?!

Alabama lost to Texas!
    Only scored 17 against 6-6 USF!
    Beat 7-5 Texas A&M by 6!
    Beat 4-8 Arkansas by 3. At home!
    Beat 6-6 Auburn by 3. and needed a 4th and 30 miracle to do it! the same damn Auburn team that got their asses kicked by New Mexico ST!
    Beat LSU by 14 (FSU beat LSU by 21)!

But this is a better resume than 13-0 Florida State? (who beat two SEC teams and went undefeated in a power 5 conference?) and won the ACC championship with a 3rd string QB!
    nice cherry picking job

how about these:

Bama beat 10 win Ole Miss by 14
    beat bowl team Tenn by 14
    won at bowl team Kentucky by 25
    beat #1 ranked and two time defending champ with 29 game winning streak GEORGIA

boom

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10448

Take a moment and ask yourself. Would FSU even be favored over Georgia on a neutral field with either their back up or 3rd string qb? Obviously not. Georgia didn’t even get in. You can’t just say, oh I won all my games, I deserve to get into the playoff. ACC is such ass these days. Easily the worst power 5 conference. If FSU got in over bama Michigan would be like -10 instead -1 like they are vs bama.

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

needed to be washington, michigan, alabama and georgia.

georgia finally loses a game, by 3, and they are done? GTFO! they beat the vols by 28, missouri by 9, ole miss by 35 and kentucky by 38.

i don't like washington.. but they beat oregon twice, usc, utah, oregon state and went undefeated. same with michigan, did what they had to. dominated defensively and took out penn state and ohio state.

bama had some close games.. and they should have lost to auburn, but they didn't. and that's all that matters. they beat ole miss, the vols and lsu by 14. kentucky by 28. and of course, knocked off georgia.

texas handed bama their only loss, but they are the weakest. they were tied with wyoming heading into the 4th. they were tied with houston late in the 4th and barely escaped. needed OT to beat kansas state. beat tcu by 3. they're basically an oklahoma, or weaker version of ohio state.

stevenash

@Manny

Solid post.
    I disagree, we agree to disagree, doesn't change the fact that you put a lot of effort into it.
    I just disagree.

Looking forward to seeing how the twelve-team tourney works out nest season.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    @Manny

Solid post.
    I disagree, we agree to disagree, doesn't change the fact that you put a lot of effort into it.
    I just disagree.

Looking forward to seeing how the twelve-team tourney works out nest season.
    he cherrypicked.

i blew up his post ripping Bama.

let me cherrypick against FSU now.

they have looked pedestrian on Offense since JT went down with injury.

@ boston college who sucks, they won by 2 points
    at clemson who was way down this season with 4 losses, they needed OT to win. clemson was bad early on when Noles got them.
    at pittsburgh they were barely winning until 4th quarter they pulled away winning by 17
    v miami at home in tallahassee barely won over average miami team

that was BEFORE JT went down.

then they play lousy Florida by only 9
    they beat Lville who got really softened up lately, by 10

see how easy that was?

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    nice cherry picking job

how about these:

Bama beat 10 win Ole Miss by 14
    beat bowl team Tenn by 14
    won at bowl team Kentucky by 25
    beat #1 ranked and two time defending champ with 29 game winning streak GEORGIA

boom
    Speaking of cherry picking, how in the hell are you doing Homie?

how about these:

FSU beat LSU by 21, Bama beat LSU by 14
    FSU beat bowl team Clemson by 7
    beat bowl team VA tech by 22
    beat bowl team Duke by 18
    beat bowl team Miami by 7
    beat bowl team Louisville by 10

boom

Da Manster!

he cherrypicked.

i blew up his post ripping Bama.

let me cherrypick against FSU now.

they have looked pedestrian on Offense since JT went down with injury.

@ boston college who sucks, they won by 2 points
    at clemson who was way down this season with 4 losses, they needed OT to win. clemson was bad early on when Noles got them.
    at pittsburgh they were barely winning until 4th quarter they pulled away winning by 17
    v miami at home in tallahassee barely won over average miami team

that was BEFORE JT went down.

then they play lousy Florida by only 9
    they beat Lville who got really softened up lately, by 10

see how easy that was?
    I just blew up your post! see how easy that was?

Da Manster!

Again Homie, you are making my point for me? since when is all of this bullshit crap about style points? whatever happened to just winning the game? Isn't that what we were always taught? OK. I merely called out the NCAA for their hypocrisy. Not necessarily defending FSU but pointing out how flawed the system is.

homie1975

Again Homie, you are making my point for me? since when is all of this bullshit crap about style points? whatever happened to just winning the game? Isn't that what we were always taught? OK. I merely called out the NCAA for their hypocrisy. Not necessarily defending FSU but pointing out how flawed the system is.
    style points since 1998 the first year of the BCS !!! 25 straight years it has been style points.

"who you beat, where you beat them, and how you looked while beating them".

what do you think "eye test" means?

how do you think Ohio State leapfrogged TCU in 2014 on the last day? they beat wisky 59 to zip.

STYLE POINTS MATTER !!!

homie1975

Speaking of cherry picking, how in the hell are you doing Homie?

how about these:

FSU beat LSU by 21, Bama beat LSU by 14
    FSU beat bowl team Clemson by 7
    beat bowl team VA tech by 22
    beat bowl team Duke by 18
    beat bowl team Miami by 7
    beat bowl team Louisville by 10

boom
    switch it from "bowl team" to actual "rankings" and see how it turns out.

look at the rankings of the schools BAMA beat instead. 4-1 vs ranked top 25. FSU? 3-0. 2 fewer games.

ACC vs SEC. just look at the top to bottom.

the committee and all of us with huge CFB brains can see it clear as day.

Da Manster!

switch it from "bowl team" to actual "rankings" and see how it turns out.

look at the rankings of the schools BAMA beat instead. 4-1 vs ranked top 25. FSU? 3-0. 2 fewer games.

ACC vs SEC. just look at the top to bottom.

the committee and all of us with huge CFB brains can see it clear as day.
    exactly my point! not much separation! again based on perception, myths, and falsehoods! Let's look at head to head match ups, shall we?

FSU = 2 - 0 vs. SEC
    Clemson = 1 -0 vs. SEC
    UNC = 1 - 0 vs. SEC
    Miami-FLA = 1 - 0 vs. SEC
    Louisville = 0 - 1 vs. SEC
    GA TECH = 0 - 2 vs. SEC

======================

so if my math is correct, and it usually is, the ACC went 5 - 3 head-to-head vs. the SEC this year! last time I checked that is a winning record. so much for the SEC superiority myth! ACC > SEC! class dismissed!

homie1975

exactly my point! not much separation! again based on perception, myths, and falsehoods! Let's look at head to head match ups, shall we?

FSU = 2 - 0 vs. SEC
    Clemson = 1 -0 vs. SEC
    UNC = 1 - 0 vs. SEC
    GA TECH = 0 - 2 vs. SEC

======================

so if my math is correct, and it usually is, the ACC went 5 - 3 head-to-head vs. the SEC this year! last time I checked that is a winning record. so much for the SEC superiority myth! ACC > SEC! class dismissed!
    because it is apples to apples right? Clemson playing So Carolina LMFAO

check Sagarin ratings and other Power Index Ratings.

ACC is down with the big 12, maybe lower.

Da Manster!

because it is apples to apples right? Clemson playing So Carolina LMFAO

check Sagarin ratings and other Power Index Ratings.

ACC is down with the big 12, maybe lower.
    Again you keep talking about bullshit propaganda Sagarin ratings and power index ratings, which are about as useful as on a boar hog and totally subjective. (once again, all about perception and not reality...Christ, I sound like a damn broken record!)...However, all I did was just present the FACTS! head to head matchups of one conference vs. another! and I don't give a rat's ass who the teams were. Aren't these the very same SEC teams that the Alabama's and Georgia's of the world beat up on each and every year?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

homie1975

okay well committee disagreed.

several pundits did too.

cfb my passion for 40 years. i disagree with you too.

enjoy the games !!!

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

FSU = 2 - 0 vs. SEC
    Clemson = 1 -0 vs. SEC
    UNC = 1 - 0 vs. SEC
    GA TECH = 0 - 2 vs. SEC

======================

The ACC's best team, FSU, barely beat the SEC's like 10th best team, Florida. And the ACC's second best team, Louisville, lost to like the SEC's 7thth best team, Kentucky. So yeah, let's be careful with the whole ACC>SEC argument.

If we look at schedules, FSU's best win was LSU, correct? That was Alabama's third or fourth best win. They beat a few teams better than that, including the best team.

I said in another thread, the worst thing the committee did was rank FSU #4 after last week. They looked bad against North Alabama and Florida without Travis and should have been dropped immediately. That would have taken away the whole "OMG. FSU didn't make it" shouting.

I personally like FSU a lot more than Bama. Norvell one of my favorite coaches. But they were right being left out. Honestly, I'm not sure Washington is one of the four best teams, either, but that's a whole other convo.

But hey, if FSU beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl, I'll gladly say the committee screwed this up royally. They can make their case there.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7301

The last time we were in school 1 is more than zero. Zero losses are 100 x better than 1 loss. Making the QB injury the reason for letting Bama in is bullshit to all the FSU players who did not lose a game. Bama lost a game. Bama also needed a miracle to beat a sorry ass Auburn.
    The ultimate goal is to win every game. Maybe FSU doesnt beat the cheaters, but those players earned that chance on the field, not Bama.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Take a moment and ask yourself. Would FSU even be favored over Georgia on a neutral field with either their back up or 3rd string qb? Obviously not. Georgia didn’t even get in. You can’t just say, oh I won all my games, I deserve to get into the playoff. ACC is such ass these days. Easily the worst power 5 conference. If FSU got in over bama Michigan would be like -10 instead -1 like they are vs bama.
    The ACC died today. They are done. Should roll it up.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22894

selection members should all be removed/fired PATHETIC

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    The ACC died today. They are done. Should roll it up.
    If you are Florida State and Clemson you immediately head to the SEC. If you are Duke and North Carolina you consider folding your football programs up and moving the resources to basketball. The revenue from football will be gone anyway once the TV deals implode and the A sides leave.
    See PAC 12.

Also- why do the SEC AND BIG TEN hang on to the loser programs? Someone to schedule and beat on? What does Illinois, Vanderbilt, etc… etc… bring to the table? Many of your alumni of your stronger football schools move to Chicago and Nashville anyway. I could keep going but the real deal is… You don’t need the shit schools. They only hurt you anyway via their conference welfare check and you not getting any credit for playing them.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

The Fact is that judging a team based on the fact that their backup QB probably (but not definitely) isn't as good as the starter is ridiculous; the ACC commissioner is right and the committee is a bunch of fukkin morons.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15395

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The Fact is that judging a team based on the fact that their backup QB probably (but not definitely) isn't as good as the starter is ridiculous; the ACC commissioner is right and the committee is a bunch of fukkin morons.

some ACC guys in that committee room, too

Boo from NC State and Grobe who coached at Wake Forest.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    The last time we were in school 1 is more than zero. Zero losses are 100 x better than 1 loss.
    So, by using the undefeated argument, Liberty is in, who are you leaving out?

Texas?
    Alabama?

Undefeated means something, not everything.

Who is FSU better than?
    Washington?
    Huskies were perfect, they beat FIVE top 25 teams.
    They beat who some considered National Championship contenders Oregon twice.

FSU played only three top 25 teams all season.

One loss Alabama (Texas) is light years better than FSU.
    One loss Texas (12th ranked OU) is light years better than FSU.

Both those losses were razor close too.

You want to argue 'they got screwed'?
    One loss Georgia is light years better than FSU.

Two loss Ohio State is even better than FSU.
    Maybe two loss Oregon too.

Perfect record means something, but it's not the most important metric.

Five power conferences, only four spots.
    Somebody must get left out.

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

So, by using the undefeated argument, Liberty is in, who are you leaving out?

Texas?
    Alabama?

Undefeated means something, not everything.

Who is FSU better than?
    Washington?
    Huskies were perfect, they beat FIVE top 25 teams.
    They beat who some considered National Championship contenders Oregon twice.

FSU played only three top 25 teams all season.

One loss Alabama (Texas) is light years better than FSU.
    One loss Texas (12th ranked OU) is light years better than FSU.

Both those losses were razor close too.

You want to argue 'they got screwed'?
    One loss Georgia is light years better than FSU.

Two loss Ohio State is even better than FSU.
    Maybe two loss Oregon too.

Perfect record means something, but it's not the most important metric.

Five power conferences, only four spots.
    Somebody must get left out.
    RM Logic = Real Moronic Logic with his simpleton analogy.
    Last edited by DonnieBrasco23; 12-04-23 at 12:44 PM.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

No one is "light years" better than FSU.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Eddy Munny 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22894

2 maybe 3 legit teams in the Hunt. I have lost what little respect I had left for the fraudulent commit.

Whilke not my Team GO MICHIGAN & JH & F-da commit

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    No one is "light years" better than FSU.
    OK, maybe "light years" was a bit of an overreach, a tad hyperbolic if you will, you know, stretching the truth to make a point.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

The committee and college football has been on Saban’s and the SEC’s ball sack for years. They will never accept not having an SEC team in it. Never
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Renegades 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Georgia should be in it if its subjective and a beauty pageant

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

OK, maybe "light years" was a bit of an overreach, a tad hyperbolic if you will, you know, stretching the truth to make a point.
    So downgrade "light years" to "substantially" and I would still disagree.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So downgrade "light years" to "substantially" and I would still disagree.
    And the very essence of the message boards is the difference of opinions.
    All good amigo.

12 Last