homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

How many years until big ten playoffs

Or any super conference. I mean it’s only a matter of time until everybody gets tired of an 18 team league ending up with many teams all tied at 7-2 or 8-2 etc. or however many conference games they decide on, for second place year after year and having tiebreakers that are so schedule based since no one comes close to playing everybody that 4 teams make the big ten football championship semifinals. Or do we just assume it will always be nicely packaged that Ohio state Michigan loser will have one loss and winner undefeated and they play back to back weeks. 🤣

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

The re-packaged Conf Championships will be a mess. You preview it well.

My thing on Coll FB:
    *There are so many classes within the FBS level.

1) The Big Name teams. The recruiting channels just re-loads.

2) Major Conf - other teams.

3) Mid Major teams - which is half of FBS.

...I really wish they'd start a playoff for Mid Majors. As it is, the Mid Majors are just also-rans.

And the FBS playoffs are seemingly the same 5 or 6 teams every year. Will there be a break-thru team this year?

This year it looks like the Pac12/ACC merit an entry. But it's also possible that those teams cannibalize each other.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

I'll give an old-school anecdote that ties to your premise:

*The Rose Bowl used to have a Tie-breaker that was pretty cool.

If two teams were tied, and Heads-Up didn't break the tie, the Rose Bowl representative was decided by: *Which team had the longest absence since last Rose Bowl appearance.