jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

42-13 on to the 4th qt.
    And this bunch beat TCU.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Final 4 should be Ga, Mich, OSU and Bama. They are the 4 best teams.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Final 4 should be Ga, Mich, OSU and Bama. They are the 4 best teams.
    I would agree that's the top 4!

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Yep, but the 4 best teams usually don't get in the playoff. Bama lost 2 games this year and didn't make it to their conference championship game. Similar to gambling, the right side doesn't always win.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    Yep, but the 4 best teams usually don't get in the playoff. Bama lost 2 games this year and didn't make it to their conference championship game. Similar to gambling, the right side doesn't always win.
    Two losses on last play of game to top 10 teams. Who has TCU really beat? I guess a 12 team playoff will cure all this but just feel Bama shoulda got a shot over TCU.

jackpot269

I didn't say they were deserving I said they were probably one of the best 4 teams. All that matters in football is the score, you are right often the best team don't win! Then again if you got the most points you were better that day!

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Two losses on last play of game to top 10 teams. Who has TCU really beat? I guess a 12 team playoff will cure all this but just feel Bama shoulda got a shot over TCU.
    The system isn't fair nor perfect, but TCU did enough to justify a spot. They won their close games and Bama didn't. TCU played during championship weekend while Bama was at home. Bama would probably be DD favorites over Michigan and TCU. I do I agree that 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Ohio State, 4. Michigan are the 4 best and talented teams.

navyblue81

The system isn't fair nor perfect, but TCU did enough to justify a spot. They won their close games and Bama didn't. TCU played during championship weekend while Bama was at home. Bama would probably be DD favorites over Michigan and TCU. I do I agree that 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Ohio State, 4. Michigan are the 4 best and talented teams.
    Well they definitely are showing today they’re for real….so far. They look solid.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Jack, Young's performance today summarizes my view of the Bowl Game opt-outs. It boggles my mind:

*Surely, Young made himself some $$ today. His future earning potential went up. AND he can now be viewed as a good teammate.

*Compare that to the guy from Kentucky. Levis had a chance to play w/ his teammates against a tough defense. Chance to show yourself against a good team.

If a guy is healthy and he bails in that situation, I could never root for him. Can't draft that guy. If I need a backup QB, I can go get Blaine Gabbert.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Jack, Young's performance today summarizes my view of the Bowl Game opt-outs. It boggles my mind:

*Surely, Young made himself some $$ today. His future earning potential went up. AND he can now be viewed as a good teammate.

*Compare that to the guy from Kentucky. Levis had a chance to play w/ his teammates against a tough defense. Chance to show yourself against a good team.

If a guy is healthy and he bails in that situation, I could never root for him. Can't draft that guy. If I need a backup QB, I can go get Blaine Gabbert.
    Did you hear what Anderson and Young both said, about being a good teammate and not letting the team down.
    Young went so far to say he would feel like a hypocrite if he didn't play.
    Anderson said no way he could watch as his teammates played, he was to much of a competitor.
    Last edited by jackpot269; 12-31-22 at 09:38 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Did you hear what Anderson and Young both said, about being a good teammate and not getting the team down.
    Young went so far to say he would feel like a hypocrite if he didn't play.
    Anderson said no way he could watch as his teammates played, he was to much of a competitor.
    Did NOT hear that. But that sums it up perfectly. If you're on the team, it's an honor AND a responsibility.

Props to Young and Anderson. Now, I can root for those guys.
    Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 12-31-22 at 09:35 PM.