asellers07
    asellers07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Sharp action - 2H correlated parlays

Hey guys. We all know correlated parlays were a dream back in the day, before the bookmakers caught on and disabled them. For those that don't know, a correlated parlay is when the side:total ratio is high, for example in a CFB total of 60 on a spread of -49. You would parlay the OVER and the favorite, or the UNDER and the underdog. You could often do both parlays, and since one of them would hit so often, and you're getting 2.6:1 on the parlays, you'd profit 1.6 units if one hits. This was a mathematical situation that provided an advantageous edge to the player. But eventually books caught on, and they disabled them. Books eventually caught on, and now most sites won't allow parlays on games where the spread is 30% of the total or less.

My question is, if you were to do the parlays on 2Hs, could this be mathematically +EV? I have a friend who supposedly makes a living doing 2H correlated parlays. He finds 2H lines that are just barely under 30%, so that the site allows them. Here are 3 bets that he made last night:

2-team parlay:
    2H Temple +7.5
    2H Temple UNDER 27.5

2-team parlay:
    2H Boise State -6.5
    2H Boise State OVER 27.5

2-team parlay:
    2H Arkansas State +7.5
    2H Arkansas State UNDER 28.5

These represent spread:total ratios of 27.3%, 23.6%, and 26.3%, respectively. The websites allow these bets because they are barely under 30%. Are these bets mathematically advantageous to the player, and he will win in the long run? Like I said, he supposedly does, but unfortunately, I don't have the resources or time to figure it out.

FYI, last night he also bet 2 props, which also won:

Francois TD passes UNDER 1.5 -165

J. Hurts TD passes UNDER 1.5 +165

Thanks for any insight guys!
    Last edited by asellers07; 09-03-17 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Formatting