SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

What does the ML mean?

I am not sure how to read these games and what does the ML mean in these games? I am kinda new to this gambling did alot of pro games last year but never looked at the money line and waht it stands for. Should I bet where the ML is positive or negative and where do I go to get the ML?

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

ML= Money Line. You are betting the outright straight up winner without regard to point spread. A negative ML is assigned to teh favorite, lets say -200 means you will have to bet 200 to win 100 whereas the underdog is a positive +200 means you lay 100 to win 200.
    Most local bookies will not offer MLs on hoops or football but all online books do. Good luck`
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 11-25-06 at 10:53 AM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    ML= Money Line. You are betting the outright straight up winner without regard to point spread. A negative ML is assigned to teh favorite, lets say -200 means you will have to bet 200 to win 100 whereas the underdog is a positive +200 means you lay 100 to win 200.
    Most local bookies will not offer MLs on hoops or football but all online books do. Good luck`
    Exactly, also moneylines are the primarey way to bet baseball. Spreads are used in baseball (i.e. -1.5) but the ml is most commonly bet.