mcd6802
    mcd6802's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1394

Slotastic Voids $4800 Win With Spurious Ruling

Deposited $150. Redeemed slot coupon. Met rollover. Got to $4770. Requested payout. Slotastic claimed 3 of my ~3500 bets were over the $10 limit. All my other bets were $5 or less. Their rule is worded, "The maximum bet for all bonuses (including cashback) must not exceed $10. Any winnings, plus bonus amounts derived from bets higher than this limit will be voided". All 3 of the $11+ bets were losers and accidental. Thus I "derived" no winnings from them and do not consider their rule relevant here. This point is what I consider to be the most important. If they had simply stated the max bet was $10, I would consider their ruling harsh but ultimately justifiable.

As for the accidental part, I don't remember making any bets over $5. Some games, when you reopen or refresh, reset bet size to max which I may not have noticed right away. If I had to guess, I toggled from a second browser back to my slot game and, while doing so, accidentally clipped a pay-line marker. If you do this, it also activates every lesser pay-line which could easily put you over $10 3 spins without noticing.

I gave my position in great detail to Slotastic over multiple communications. Essentially, their only response was "Whether or not winnings were had from the specific bet, if bets above $10 are made when a coupon is active, the winnings are voided." They chastised my "playing style", i.e., the 3 accidental bets. They also reiterated numerous times that I be familiar with the terms and conditions despite the fact I told them numerous times that I was familiar with the T&C and the fact that I had always bet well below the $10 max bet on this and all previous deposits reflected that. Betting big, especially early, can give a player an unfair advantage, but that was simply not the case here.

To be fair, Slotastic has reversed their position part way and reinstated half the win. This came only after publicly posting elsewhere and receiving feedback that was generally in my favor. Most feedback was on the wording of the rule. The majority agreed with my position, some felt it was a bit ambiguous, some seemed to feel it is an industry standard that if you go over the bet limit on any bet your entire balance gets voided. My position is that if there is any ambiguity, which I don't think there is, the norm is for it to benefit the party that didn't write the rules. Otherwise, there is an obvious incentive to write ambiguous rules. As for any industry norms, I think any specifically written rule should override any industry norm.

I always gave Slotastic ample warning before going public on this matter. I told them I would continue to go public on this until the win was paid in full and that, in the meantime, I would not touch the 50% they reinstated.

mcd6802
    mcd6802's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1394

Thought I would give an update. Still haven't collected anything. Made it very clear to Slotastic that I would not settle for 48.3 cents on the dollar which is what Slotastic actually reinstated after I bothered to verify. I don't really expect anything to change as Slotastic has disengaged from the situation a long time ago. I have decided just to keep an idle account balance for a few years with token logins to avoid confiscation. This is not a strategical decision, and I don't expect it will gain any positive feedback. This is more about self-respect. My account value will get chipped away by inflation and there is always a risk Slotastic will go out of a business and default. This is my way of saying that I would sooner lose more equity than validate this ruling. If I accept Slotastic's settlement offer, I feel I will lose any right to complain. Even so, I have become convinced there is no viable path forward to gain any further meaningful leverage in this situation. I will not be posting further on this subject, and I have concluded it would neither be a good use of time nor high conduct trying to piggyback in the comments section of other people's posts on Slotastic or its skins Grande Vegas and Jackpot Capital.