Wolfpack
    Wolfpack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ufc 77

Anyone have any thoughts on these fights?
    10/20/2007

This is the card...
    Rich Franklin(24-2) vs Anderson Silva(19-4)
    Tim Sylvia(25-3) vs Brandon Vera(8-0)
    Eric Schafer(9-2-2) vs Stephan Bonnar(13-4)
    Alan Belcher(10-3) vs Kalib Starnes(10-2-1)
    Jason MacDonald(20-8) vs Yushin Okami(21-4)
    Alvin Robinson(9-2) vs Jorge Gurgel(14-2)
    Demian Maia(6-0) vs Ryan Jensen(11-2)
    Josh Burkman(19-4) vs Forrest Petz(19-4)
    Matt Grice(9-1) vs Jason Black(22-3-1)

I really think Silva is going to dominate Franklin again. Silva is deadly in the clinch and stand up game. I also like Vera. I've only seen him fight a couple times and he looked awsome.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Vera is going to win and fast. I also think Burkman is a lock. Okami and Macdonald is to close to call....

Wolfpack
    Wolfpack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Vera is going to win and fast. I also think Burkman is a lock. Okami and Macdonald is to close to call....
    Vera is a beast. I think he wins this fight easily. He will have a shot at the heavyweight belt very soon...IMO.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i like vera, okami, and anderson silva

kanjinfo
    kanjinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm.. vera? really?

i think he will offer competition to sylvia, but i just dont see it happening.. his previous opps havent come close to the challenge that is sylvia.. sylvia on the other hand has fought some very tough opponents.. if u think we wont be able to strike with vera.. AA has been put away twice..

sylvia isnt a great fighter, he's a good fighter and he's huge.. this will pose problems for vera (ive seen most of his fight tapes and he dominates against relatively similar in size opps).. i can sylvia shoving jabs and eating kicks to deliver big rights.. vera is talented, dont get me wrong, but its too early for him to beat a sylvia (11 month layover, as well), he's overhyped imho, and if he goes into this fight over confident, he WILL get chin checked.

all that being said, i have Sylvia at +171.. probably the strongest dog ive bet in the last little while

also, i have anderson at -211.. small play for the hell of it :P

EDIT: oh, and ya.. i agree, okami will bully macdonald.. he's a v. good play if under -200

and im new, so hello! and gl with the picks
    Last edited by kanjinfo; 10-09-07 at 02:55 PM.

y2p731
    Go For Broke
    y2p731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I'm taking Franklin. Hometown advantage equals big money.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Hometown advantage? I don't know about that one... Look what happened to Swick in his home town... Got destroyed and made him move down to 170....When that cage locks doesn't matter where you are.....