onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

BOXING – Taylor vs Pavlik – 09/29/2007

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th AT 10:15 PM ET/7:15 PM PT on HBO – Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey

12 round MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT
    • Jermain Taylor (27-0-1, 17 KOs) -116
    • Kelly Pavlik (31-0, 28 KOs) +106

I feel Taylor is going to have his hands full in this one and think Pavlik has a shot at winning this fight.

Who do you like in this fight?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I'd like to take Pavlik, but the price just isn't right.

Either Pavlik earns a stoppage or Taylor wins a decision, I can't decide. Tough fight to call.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I really like Jermain Taylor to take this. Ive seen Pavlik fight and he really isn't on Jermaine's level. The reason he got this shot is because he completely embarrassed the #1 contender, who looked awful. Im forgetting the #1 contenders name, but he kept talking and talking about how he was gonna beat Taylor, looking forward to the next fight and ignoring Pavlik. Pavlik is a good fighter, no doubt.. the record shows it.. but Taylor has been preparing for this title defense for a very long time. I have no doubt Taylor wins this fight.
    Taylor wins - Unanimous 12 Round Decision.

punchmaster
    punchmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    I really like Jermain Taylor to take this. Ive seen Pavlik fight and he really isn't on Jermaine's level. The reason he got this shot is because he completely embarrassed the #1 contender, who looked awful. Im forgetting the #1 contenders name, but he kept talking and talking about how he was gonna beat Taylor, looking forward to the next fight and ignoring Pavlik. Pavlik is a good fighter, no doubt.. the record shows it.. but Taylor has been preparing for this title defense for a very long time. I have no doubt Taylor wins this fight.
    Taylor wins - Unanimous 12 Round Decision.
    The fact that you couldn't remember Edison Miranda's name gives me an idea of what level your at in terms of boxing fan/knowledge. You should have doubt on Taylor winning the fight. He's faced no one even comparable to what Pavlik brings.

mv09

Quote Originally Posted by punchmaster View Post
    The fact that you couldn't remember Edison Miranda's name gives me an idea of what level your at in terms of boxing fan/knowledge. You should have doubt on Taylor winning the fight. He's faced no one even comparable to what Pavlik brings.
    Yeah, his name slipped my mind. Im no Boxing Expert, but Id like to think I know enough to call a fight. We'll see what happens on Saturday. Who You Got?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Pavlik should be -160, at least.

likewhoaa
    likewhoaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Pavlik should be -160, at least.
    I would think Taylor would be a higher favorite considering he's the middleweight champ, undefeated and beat hopkins and wright. And pavliks only win of note was the miranda fight.

That said Im waiting on odds to drop a bit more before I put some change down for pavlik.

punchmaster
    punchmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Yeah, his name slipped my mind. Im no Boxing Expert, but Id like to think I know enough to call a fight. We'll see what happens on Saturday. Who You Got?
    I'll go with Pavlik- I think there's more to him than just a big punch and I'm not sold on Taylor's ring intelligence- he's gotten by more on pure athleticism. Enjoy the fight- it should be a good one.

likewhoaa

Feather fisted Ouma had Taylor backing up the entire night and Taylor wilted badly from the pressure he was bringing the entire time. Taylor never hurt ouma seriously, the same ouma that was gettin buzzed every fight at 154 lbs. Pavlik will bring the same pressure but with Power in those punches.

Pavlik via beheading mid/late rounds.

mv09

Quote Originally Posted by punchmaster View Post
    I'll go with Pavlik- I think there's more to him than just a big punch and I'm not sold on Taylor's ring intelligence- he's gotten by more on pure athleticism. Enjoy the fight- it should be a good one.
    Yeah, I think it may be the fight of the year. Taylor has to establish his jab early, because if it goes the distance I like Taylor. Pavliks power does pose a problem as mentioned though. Good thing its free on HBO

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by likewhoaa View Post
    I would think Taylor would be a higher favorite considering he's the middleweight champ, undefeated and beat hopkins and wright.
    Only in the eyes of some.

likewhoaa

Only in the eyes of some.
    I actually thought the 1st fight w/ hopkins could've gone either way. The 2nd hopkins fight he clearly lost. and the wright fight I thought he lost again clearly.

Duke
    Duke's Avatar Become A Pro!

taylor by ko in the 7th

moses millsap

Taylor suffers his 4th defeat, this one that actually counts.

What a joker.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

What a joker.
    HAHA!!!! i love it...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

What a joker.

It was a great thing to see him KO'ed.