bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 76: Knockout (Sat September 22nd)

Live on PPV Sat September 22nd. Why this card is on PPV and the Jackson VS Henderson card was free on Spike TV is beyond me as this card looks weak as hell, not even 1 title is on the line. Atleast if everything plays out like they say, we will FINALLY get to see the undefeated Lyoto Machida fight on TV.

Main Event
    Chuck Liddell Vs. Keith Jardine

Undercard
    Thiago Tavares Vs. Tyson Griffin
    Mauricio Rua Vs. Forrest Griffin
    Jon Fitch Vs. Diego Sanchez
    Kazuhiro Nakamura Vs. Lyoto Machida

Non-Televised Fights
    Wilson Gouveia Vs. Jason Lambert
    Diego Saraiva Vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Justin McCully Vs. Christian Wellisch
    Michihiro Omigawa Vs. Matt Wiman

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree on this card vs last Saturday's.

I have been waiting for the Jardine vs Liddell fight. I think Jardine is a hack and not very skilled in MMA and Liddell will be anxious to make amends for his quick exit vs Rampage. Jardine is overmatched here.

Anyone disagree, curious if I am missing something on Jardine?

pegasis0066

Oh, just now see from Liddell's moneyline of -330 at WSX I am not the only one thinking Jardine is a long shot. Not sure I am that confident on Liddell though.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate this fight. It makes no sense. You gain nothing if either person wins. If chuck wins well then you feel bad for Jardine. If chuck loses well then that would just suck. Jardine lost his last fight. They have thrown him to the wolves in both fights. I guess he did something to piss Dana off.

What do you gain by giving Chuck this fight? You give him an easy rebound fight? I dunno it just seems silly.

If anything, they should of had Houston Alexander fight Chuck. Here you have one person on his way down (Chuck) and one person on their way up (Houston). You set this fight up as winner gets a shot at the title.

pegasis0066

Good points - not that close of a MMA fan to appreciate the points you made - until you made them.

With that said, I think Liddell has some life in him - assume he is looking at Colture at 43/44 and thinking if I can emulate that... then I have 8 plus years if I play my cards right.

You have to love a sport where experience weights heavily, but youth too is rewarded. I see a bright future for MMA if there is properly management/Leadership.

GetMoney
    GetMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Firstly to answer the question...having the UFC 75 card on PPV is bad for money...the fight was in london and there ws a number of live feeds going out..so PPV sales would have hurt badly...

Fortunate for the UFC that it was a decent card and 5.7 million people watched the event

As far as 76...decent card minus the main event...i to am excited for lyoto to be on TV...with wins over rich franklin and bj penn it leaves u wondering why it took this long...

Money to be made on the undercard..main event is retarded and pointless.

sdjoe
    sdjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last UFC overseas in IRELAND lost money for the event , first time in a long time UFC has lost money on the event .But they are commited to make this sport big worldwide and bring it to many countries .

I am actully going to UFC 76 this will be the 4th event i have been to . The fight card is pretty good besides the non televised card . i Thought the main event is Maurico (Shogun ) Rua vs Forrest Griffen and Liddell vs Jardine is the co main event . I agree Jardine vs Lidddell makes no sense , This is a warm up fight for chuck. He proably will be fighting Wandelie Silva on New years eve MMA fans have been waiting for Years for this fight ( a big money maker fight for the UFC ) so they cant have liddell lose another fight .Jardine is Good fighter but this is a horrible match up for him . But he has nothing to lose .

For bets i like jon fitch and tyson griffen , staying away from the main card to much chalk.

riverrunner
    riverrunner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Live on PPV Sat September 22nd. Why this card is on PPV and the Jackson VS Henderson card was free on Spike TV is beyond me as this card looks weak as hell
    I can't see Chuck Liddell ever being on a free live feed now that the UFC has gotten as big as it has. Too many people will pay the money to see him fight regardless of who it is. Not that I would or agree with that, but he is arguably their biggest draw and gets the biggest checks so they want to milk that for all it's worth.

Just my .02

y2p731
    Go For Broke
    y2p731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

It looks like the bad run for Pride fighters will continue.

With Cro Cop choking and Henderson narrowly missing out, Rua can be the next guy to lose, even if he's one of my favorites.

Forrest Griffin has +250 odds.

Nightwolfkicksaz
    Nightwolfkicksaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This could be a good card even though it doesn't appear great. A lot of guys with great records in this one.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by y2p731 View Post
    It looks like the bad run for Pride fighters will continue.

With Cro Cop choking and Henderson narrowly missing out, Rua can be the next guy to lose, even if he's one of my favorites.

Forrest Griffin has +250 odds.
    Well, Rampage is from Pride and he holds the LHW belt... Not all is bad for pride. pride fighting pride

Hounds
    Hounds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

My bankroll at the moment is close to zero. I've been a student for almost two years now and only have peanuts to play with. I would throw up to $5k on Shogun tonight. As long as he doesn't get injured again, I don't see how he loses this fight. Before that shoulder injury against coleman, he was the freaking man! Forrest is an entertaining fighter, but he doesn't have anywhere close to the skill as Rua...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man Mauricio Rua Vs. Forrest Griffin was an awesome fight. Randy Couture is just as good of a coach and trainer as he is a fighter. Forrest looked GREAT, defiantly his best fight ever.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 957

I just got home from the fight. It was a weak crowd compared to most of them. I made a ton of money betting on Fitch. It was good to see Jardine beat Chuck at his own game! Traffic was a nightmare leaving that place!

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.groundnpound.org/news.php

Been watching and reading on this stuff. you can read everything here. if you don't have it already.

http://www.groundnpound.org/ritc1.php the person in this pic in the blue shirt have not been seen for 2 years. do you know this person. let me know.