Betpoints: 2519

UFC 291: Poirier vs. Gaethje II

Post your bet bets!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

All in on Dustin again.
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know Alex trains with Glover but there's still good odds on Jan by sub. Was +650 now down to around +450. Otherwise I think he wins a boring-ass decision.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    I know Alex trains with Glover but there's still good odds on Jan by sub. Was +650 now down to around +450. Otherwise I think he wins a boring-ass decision.
    I like that Jan by sub too, seems like good value as he will likely be looking to take Alex down.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Good chance Jan by submission? He couldn't even submit Adesanya (nor did he really attempt to) and while I don't think Alex is a better grappler than Adesanya (both suck), I see the same happening, which is Jan taking Alex down and controlling time, doing basically nothing. Few ground and pound attacks but that's about it.

It's either that or Perreira KO's him. Jan leaves many openings which boring ass counter puncher Adesanya couldn't capitalise on. If Alex somewhat marches forward as he usually does, I can see him catching Jan with his signature left.

Poirier ML
    Black Beast ML
    Chiesa ML

Everything else has little value imo. Poirier at current odds is also not worth it, if you didn't jump on it when it was closer to PK.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Good chance Jan by submission? He couldn't even submit Adesanya (nor did he really attempt to) and while I don't think Alex is a better grappler than Adesanya (both suck), I see the same happening, which is Jan taking Alex down and controlling time, doing basically nothing. Few ground and pound attacks but that's about it.

It's either that or Perreira KO's him. Jan leaves many openings which boring ass counter puncher Adesanya couldn't capitalise on. If Alex somewhat marches forward as he usually does, I can see him catching Jan with his signature left.

Poirier ML
    Black Beast ML
    Chiesa ML

Everything else has little value imo. Poirier at current odds is also not worth it, if you didn't jump on it when it was closer to PK.
    Nobody said it's a good chance. I said good value based on the fact that Jan will be doing his best to get the fight on the mat. I don't mind taking a swing on that prop as Jan has a big advantage there.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

Smart move to gain over 20 pounds after weigh ins.

JC2008

Good chance Jan by submission? He couldn't even submit Adesanya
    - Has ANYBODY subbed Adesanya before?

Allure

- Has ANYBODY subbed Adesanya before?
    Who did he fight that was a REAL submission threat? Vettori or Brunson the certified huggers? Jan? Romero?

Hopefully he faces Khamzat soon, then you'll have your answer. Wouldn't surprise me if he decides to move up once times comes to face Khamzat. Not because Khamzat is the best there is but the matchup is terrible for Gynosanya.

JC2008

Who did he fight that was a REAL submission threat? Vettori or Brunson the certified huggers? Jan? Romero?

Hopefully he faces Khamzat soon, then you'll have your answer. Wouldn't surprise me if he decides to move up once times comes to face Khamzat. Not because Khamzat is the best there is but the matchup is terrible for Gynosanya.
    Let's see him crush Costa first and go from there.

Allure

Let's see him crush Costa first and go from there.
    Let's see that fight happening first. Khamzat and Costa are Twitter fighters that are willing to fight everybody while not fighting at all.

JC2008

Damn! What a head kick!

JAKEPEAVY21

Damn! What a head kick!
    Happy for Gaethje, would love to see him win the title but beating Islam is a tall order.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Lost some change with this event. Went big with Dustin and he got head kicked. Happy for Justin though. He's the BMF belt winner!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Last fight i got robbed was the Jamill Emmers fight a few weeks back. I had him up 2-0 but i could see 1-1. I think this is the fight. he is winning round three and his opponent gets a late take down and does nothing with it. Sure enuf the shitbag judges give the fight to his opponent when he didnt do jack shit after the take-down while losing the whole third round. Now i take Jan last night and this fight is close and he gets a late take down but this time the judges don't give him the win because he didn't do much on top. Does anyone know when this late take down counts if the guy doesn't do much from the top. How is it possible that one fight is saw one way and the other fight is saw completely opposite. You can't make this shit up and that stupid fuk face Jan easily wins that fight if somebody would have let him in on the high altitude that is a problem fighters have in Utah. This sport may be the worst sport of them all to bet. To many decisions and to many different judges with different strikes zones.