LBfightlife
    LBfightlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Geoff Neal Arrested-DWI & Weapons charge - Still pick'em odds on bovada@ -110

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/...eapons-charges

That man is battling some demons right now, if the fight isn't called off, seems like a free shot to me. I only put 3u, but was going to go higher. Line still hasn't moved time of posting. Santiago looked good last time out. What do yall think?

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

I was thinking Under in that one. I will be betting it, if he fights. He doesn't give 2 shyts about his career. The blood disease he battled. This is a fighter that has hit the wall. He has no fight in him, other then to fight. Bad recipe for a guy in this state. Hope he rights the ship!

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

If I remember right, Geoff Neal is a UFC fighter with a full time job.

Best case scenario, he indulged in a little afterwork drinking with the homeys -- in the early morning hours of thanksgiving, no less. They don't mention results of his blood alcohol test. He could be under the legal limit.

He's in texas. Since when do they cite "unlawful carry". It must have happened in a county where democrats run things.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Not saying I looked into this fight because I haven't - BUT

if you're thinking to fade Neal because of this, you have to consider it's a FIGHT

in my experience guys that have a deep seated reason to be pissed get amped up even more
    those demons you're talking about turn into fists.

LBfightlife

Well those are all fine points and could be very true, and yes smart move to hold out for the blood test, hopefully he gets a pass and it pans out well for him. That said in my last 10+ around fight camps, when guys were boozing and.. ahem... doing other things, in a camp much less weeks before, that would be a bad choice that is usually just the tip of the iceberg. All that said I don't know the man, and he looks like black superman, that said if it was a coin flip before this, spending a few days in jail and having to deal with lawyers and all that, I don't know maybe it will motivate him? But I see it more as a negative signal. Line still hasn't moved so .. I could be way off.

LBfightlife

Sanity - You're right about all of that. I think it's unlawful carry because he was registered to carry it legally, yet if you are committing a crime its not legal to be carrying whilst committing a crime, so if the test comes back under the legal limit the firearm charge will be dropped..