THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2 (November 06, 2021)

Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington (for welterweight title)
    Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili (for strawweight title)
    Michael Chandler vs. Justin Gaethje
    Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
    Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera

ESPN+ 8:00 pm ET
    Bobby Green vs. Al Iaquinta
    Ian Garry vs. Jordan Williams
    Andreas Michailidis vs. Alex Pereira
    Nassourdine Imavov vs. Edmen Shahbazyan

ESPN+ 6:00 pm ET
    Ian Garry vs. Jordan Williams
    Chris Barnett vs. Gian Villante
    John Allan vs. Aleksa Camur
    Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie
    Ode Osbourne vs. CJ Vergara

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magpie878 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

onward and upward

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2860

Marty is a monster now got KO/TKO small bet already.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Scorecards from the first fight going into the 5th round. Two judges had it even 2-2, while one judge had Colby up 3-1

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Scorecards from the first fight going into the 5th round. Two judges had it even 2-2, while one judge had Colby up 3-1

Colby said he was winning round 5. I have to disagree with that.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    Colby said he was winning round 5. I have to disagree with that.
    Of course the one douche bag who gets every big fight, is the only one to have Colby up three to one. He was setting it up to give Colby the decision cause the big money was on Usman to shut Colbys mouth. thank god he didn’t get the chance to fuk this fight up this corrupt puppet.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

Only one judge had it even i believe.

THE_LOCKSMITH

^ you are correct

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Colbys style is tough to be beat Usman
    Uses punches in bunches and not power
    Usman takes a punch well
    Usman hits harder
    In a grappling match their wrestling is pretty even but Usman has the strength advantage
    Covingtons best shot is to catch Usman with something he doesn't see coming like a head kick over the shoulder
    If not could be tough
    He may have to take more risks and sit down on some of those punches with more power but that will be more risky

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Last fight it seemed so personal, no one wrestled, and tried punch each other silly, mostly.

I'd love to see Colby TRY some wrestling this time, I don't care how good or strong Usman is... try it, make him work and now think about it.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I've always bet on Usman but I think I'll stay away from this one, especially after seeing Burns knock Usman down. Colby is a much bigger fighter and if he catches him with a shot like that I don't think he's going to let him recover.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Like the value on Covington.....its a tough fight for Usman.....this is no SLAM DUNK like Usman +190 over Woodley ...but Covington is good w the score cards, will be prepared and wont go down easy....that said Usman is a top top champion -wouldn't be shocked if he showed up looking even better, bigger and more crisp-the guy simply has the heart of a lion and the will to win

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Sal is a respected judge and 100% scores strikes and activity higher than most.....have to know this going in , that said-he is on the wrong end of split decisions more than any judge there is lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Of course the one douche bag who gets every big fight, is the only one to have Colby up three to one. He was setting it up to give Colby the decision cause the big money was on Usman to shut Colbys mouth. thank god he didn’t get the chance to fuk this fight up this corrupt puppet.
    Last edited by PaperTrail07; 11-03-21 at 11:37 AM.

Thor4140

Everyone taking Colby is taking him because of that inflated line. You all better hope he knocks him out because if Sal is judging all close rounds will go to Usman this time around. Rose gets knocked out by a fluke slam and says nothing and congratulates Jessica. Rose knocks out the Asian and the Zhang is full of excuses. Zhang shouldn’t even have this opportunity so fast. I hope she gets blasted again. Should be a great one. Thugs rematches are all a lot closer than the original fight which is a worry.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Colby is training @ MMA Masters.

Can't remember who was in Colby's corner when he trained out of American Top Team. Which makes it hard to say if his new coaches are a step up. From training footage, it looked like Colby is improving.

His kickboxing and overall game did have a lot of room for growth, even back when he fought Kamaru the 1st time.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-03-21 at 05:45 PM.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Everyone taking Colby is taking him because of that inflated line. You all better hope he knocks him out because if Sal is judging all close rounds will go to Usman this time around. Rose gets knocked out by a fluke slam and says nothing and congratulates Jessica. Rose knocks out the Asian and the Zhang is full of excuses. Zhang shouldn’t even have this opportunity so fast. I hope she gets blasted again. Should be a great one. Thugs rematches are all a lot closer than the original fight which is a worry.
    I guess not everyone. I took Colby (albeit, not a lot) last time because I thought he was going to win vs the decision machine (at the time). I still think he has the best shot of anyone, and will bet him again, and again, not a lot. Usman's great and Covington's very good. He has a shot. I'd have taken him at any plus odds.

Zhang better have shored up her defense or she's done.

hankcream

Pretty good value on Zhang imo, last fight Zhang was in the -200 range. After a flukey 1st rd head kick KO now she's down to basically pick em odds. Sharps will be on Zhang hopefully the public love for Rose will keep the line close.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Pretty good value on Zhang imo, last fight Zhang was in the -200 range. After a flukey 1st rd head kick KO now she's down to basically pick em odds.

Weili Zhang brought in a dream team of coaches (Henry Cejudo being one of them). To help per prepare for this fight.

That could be the reason her line is better than expected.

hankcream

Colby is a piece of work. Cumshot Chimaev

Sanity Check

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Prelims -

265 lbs.: Gian Villante vs. Chris Barnett

A 2-4 skid — capped off by a knockout loss to MIchal Oleksieczjuk — led long-time Light Heavyweight Gian Villante (17-13) to try his hand at Heavyweight. The move hasn’t quite panned out, as he’s fallen to Maurice Greene and Jake Collier.
    He stands six inches taller than “Beast Boy” at 6’3,” though he’l have only a one-inch reach advantage.
    More than a decade into his professional career, Chris Barnett (21-7) finally got an Octagon opportunity by stepping up on short notice to face Ben Rothwell in May 2021. Though he kept it competitive, he ultimately succumbed to Rothwell’s signature “Gogo Choke” midway through the second round.
    He has ended 16 professional fights via knockout.
    It’s been almost five years since Villante last finished an opponent and he’s won just twice in that span, one of those a highly questionable decision over an aging Ed Herman. In his last two fights, he’s gassed to death against the painfully mediocre Greene and been out-classed on the feet by a former Middleweight in Collier.
    I’m not saying Barnett is the cream of the crop, but he’s a genuinely skilled striker going up against an underachieving, out-of-shape Light Heavyweight. Villante lacks the wrestling to punish Barnett’s shaky takedown defense or the sheer size to walk him down like Rothwell did; therefore, odds are, Barnett’s speed and variety prevail over VIllante’s one-note slugging and secure a first- or second-round finish.
    Prediction: Barnett via second round technical knockout
    Related
    ‘Not The Smartest’ Gaethje In For A ‘Tough Night’ At UFC 268

205 lbs.: Dustin Jacoby vs. John Allan

Less than three months after finally earning himself another shot in the Octagon, Dustin Jacoby (15-5-1) secured his first UFC victory by battering Justin Ledet with low kicks. He’s undefeated (2-0-1) since, including a standing technical knockout of Darren Stewart in Aug. 2021.
    He steps in for Aleksa Camur on just four days’ notice.
    John Allan (13-6) saw a four-fight win streak come to an end on “Contender Series” thanks to Vinicius Moreira, who caught him in a triangle choke late in the second round. He’s still chasing his first UFC victory, as a failed drug test overturned his late-notice debut win over Mike Rodriguez and Roman Dolidze rode regular takedowns to a split decision win.
    He faces a two-inch height disadvantage and a three-inch reach disadvantage.
    I actually picked Allan to beat Camur, who’s consistently underwhelmed during his time in the Octagon. Jacoby figures to be a far tougher out, boasting superior overall kickboxing technique alongside noteworthy advantages in height and reach. Allan will get the standup battle he craves, but not one he’s likely to win.
    Though Jacoby’s coming in on short notice and has faded before, his ability to keep pace with Ion Cutelaba suggests he has the gas tank to fight for 15 competitive minutes. Expect Allan to keep it reasonably close but ultimately fall short against a more complete striker.
    Prediction: Jacoby via unanimous decision
    Related
    Watch ‘Countdown To UFC 268’

145 lbs.: Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. Bruno Souza

Though he had to make his first trip to the judges, Melsik Baghdasaryan (6-1) impressed enough in his “Contender Series” win over Dennis Buzukja to earn himself a contract. He returned to his finishing ways in his Octagon debut, a vicious second-round knockout of the durable Collin Anglin.
    Four of his five knockout victories have come in less than one minute.
    Bruno Souza (10-1) — a protege of mixed martial arts (MMA) legend Lyoto Machida — is unbeaten since a decision loss in his 2016 MMA debut. A perfect (4-0) run in LFA carried him to a title shot, which he made the most of by beating Javier Garcia for the vacant Featherweight belt.
    He replaces T.J. Laramie on one week’s notice.
    Truth be told, I thought Baghdasaryan would have all sorts of trouble with Laramie, who’s far and away the best grappler “The Gun” has ever faced. Souza, on the other hand, will give him a stand up fight “The Tiger” isn’t equipped to win. Sharp as Souza is with his karate, he’s far from impossible to hit, making Baghdasaryan’s huge edge in firepower a deciding factor.
    Souza’s definitely skilled enough to find success late — especially if Baghdasaryan’s cardio fails him again — but he’ll have to survive Baghdasaryan’s brutal power to do so. Considering how he’s been hurt before, I don’t see it happening. Baghdasaryan cracks him for a quick finish.
    Prediction: Baghdasaryan via first round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next! Usman Rematches Covington In New York!

125 lbs.: C.J. Vergara vs. Ode Osbourne

C.J. Vergara (9-2-1) bounced back from a 2018 loss to Devin Miller by knocking out his next four opponents, including two-time “Contender Series” veteran Jacob SIlva to earn the Fury FC Flyweight title. This set up a bout with Bruno Korea on “Contender Series,” which Vergara won with a nasty knee to the body just 41 seconds into the first round.
    He gives up one inch of height and 2.5 inches of reach to “The Jamaican Sensation.”
    Ode Osbourne (9-4-1) lived up to his nickname on the Contender Series by tapping the favored Armando VIllareal for both a contract and his fourth consecutive first-round finish. His Octagon run has been more mixed, as his knockout of Jerome Rivera is sandwiched between stoppage losses to Brian Kelleher and Manel Kape.
    Eight of his professional wins, including his last five, have come inside the distance.
    Osbourne has yet to see a second round in the Octagon, a factoid I don’t expect to change this Saturday. His customary approach, combined with Vergara’s mix of heavy offense and nonexistent defense, seemingly guarantees another early finish. We’ve seen stranger things, of course, but odds are that Osbourne comes out on top inside five minutes.
    Though prone to self-sabotage, Osborne boasts the speed and power to crack Vergara’s oft-exposed chin, plus some solid wrestling to lean on if things start getting hairy. Plan B shouldn’t be necessary.
    Prediction: Osbourne via first round technical knockout

155 lbs.: Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green

Al Iaquinta (14-6-1) put a UFC debut loss to Michael Chiesa behind him by winning eight of his next nine, setting up a last-minute title fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov. He now finds himself in a 1-3 hole, including one-sided losses to Donald Cerrone and Dan Hooker in recent efforts.
    He fights for the first time in 25 months.
    Bobby Green (27-12-1) launched himself back into contention with three consecutive wins, among them a “Fight of the Night” victory over Lando Vannata in their rematch. He has since dropped two straight — both by controversial decision — to Thiago Moises and Rafael Fiziev.
    “King” has scored eight knockouts and nine submissions as a professional.
    Here’s a fun factoid: if the media scores had final say, Green would have entered his most recent bout on a six-fight win streak, and there’s a tentative argument to be made that he won that one as well. He’s better than a lot of people, myself included, gave him credit for even if he’s not getting credit from the right places.
    Iaquinta’s a great fighter, of course, but he consistently struggles with rangy opponents. Though he’s stronger than Green in the pocket, “King’s” boxing and improved wrestling figure to pay dividends, especially considering the rust Iaquinta’s facing. Green will earn the win, though it’s anyone’s guess whether they’ll actually give it to him.
    Prediction: Green via split decision
    Related
    UFC 268: The Return Of Joe Rogan!

185 lbs.: Phil Hawes vs. Chris Curtis

Phil Hawes (11-2) went from suffering two straight stoppage losses to winning seven in a row, three of them inside the Octagon. He was last seen battling his way past Kyle Daukaus in May 2021 for just his second decision win since 2017.
    Seven of his nine finishes have come in the first round.
    “Contender Series” veteran Chris Curtis (26-8) has won 13 of his last 16, the lone losses coming to PFL champions Magomed Magomedkerimov and Ray Cooper III. His present five-fight streak features three knockouts and a decision over UFC veteran Kenny Robertson.
    He originally stepped in on a day’s notice to fight Hawes last month when Deron Winn withdrew, but Hawes declined the last-minute opponent switch.
    I honestly don’t blame Hawes for turning down the original match up because Curtis is a legit fighter who can test Hawes in ways the struggling Winn couldn’t. With enough time to properly prepare, though, “Megatron” should have this. While Curtis is a dangerous boxer with stout takedown defense, he’s been controlled against the fence by lesser wrestlers than Hawes, and Hawes’ right hand figures to be a solid weapon against Curtis’ Southpaw stylings.
    The bookies currently have Curtis at around +250, which I can’t say I agree with. Even if he’s undersized, that nasty body attack of his will definitely pay dividends if Hawes can’t keep him on the ground or against the side of the Octagon. So long as Hawes’ gas tank holds up, though, he’s got the skills to grind him out.
    Prediction: Hawes via unanimous decision
    Related
    Watch ‘Countdown To UFC 268’

185 lbs.: Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Nassourdine Imavov

Despite losing a bit of luster after a shaky decision over Darren Stewart in his UFC debut, Edmen Shahbazyan (11-2) got it right back by knocking out his next three opponents in less than a half-round apiece. He now finds himself in the midst of an 0-2 skid, starting strong (but fading late) against both Derek Brunson and Jack Hermansson.
    All 10 of his stoppage wins have come in less than one round.
    Denied an opportunity on “Contender Series,” Nassourdine Imavov (10-3) settled for out-classing Jordan Williams in his UFC debut, only to lose a close decision to Phil Hawes soon after. While he entered his third bout with Ian Heinisch as an underdog, he wound up scoring his first Octagon finish with a vicious knee in the second round.
    He’ll enjoy one-inch advantages in height and reach.
    UFC brass are either extremely confident in Shahbazyan’s ability to bounce back or ready to wash their hands of him. Imavov is nobody’s idea of a rebound opponent; in fact, he’s every bit Shahbazyan’s equal on the feet and has proven difficult to keep on his back. If Shahbazyan hasn’t ironed out the flaws that let Brunson and Hermansson wear him down, the “Russian Sniper” can exploit them mercilessly.
    I genuinely do want to see Shahbazyan succeed. He’s young, talented, and got thrown to the wolves too early. I’ll be pulling for him, but odds are that Imavov takes over down the stretch for a late finish.
    Prediction: Imavov via third round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next! Usman Rematches Covington In New York!

170 lbs.: Ian Garry vs. Jordan Williams

Ireland’s Ian Garry (7-0) went 6-1 as an amateur before turning pro in 2019. “The Future” has fought exclusively under the Cage Warriors banner since, most recently cruising past Jack Grant to claim the Welterweight title.
    He’ll have two inches of height on “Bomaye” at 6’3.”
    Undaunted by an overturned victory and controversial decision loss in his first two appearances on the program, Jordan Williams (9-5) finally secured a contract on “Contender Series” by flattening Gregory Rodrigues. He’s yet to taste victory in the UFC itself, falling to Nassourdine Imavov and Mickey Gall in two appearances.
    He boasts seven professional knockout wins and one submission.
    Garry really does look like “The Future” at 23 years old. He’s remarkably seasoned for his age, is a skilled finisher both on the feet and on the ground, and uses his lengthy frame quite well.
    And based on what he’s shown so far, I don’t see his rise stopping here.
    I didn’t have super high hopes for Williams, seeing him as a remarkably sturdy and hard-hitting brawler with solid wrestling to back it up, but he’s definitely underwhelmed in the Octagon. He struggled mightily against another long-range striker in Imavov and got torn apart on the mat by Gall. Garry has the skills to recreate both men’s successful efforts, plus the gas tank and footwork to not wilt under Williams’ pressure, so expect him to take the latter apart on the outside for a wide victory.
    Prediction: Garry via unanimous decision
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Zhang Weili Calls Colby Covington Handsome and They Hug Each Other ��

"If I can change, and you can change."

"Everybody can change!"

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

Zhang Weili Calls Colby Covington Handsome and They Hug Each Other ��

"If I can change, and you can change."

"Everybody can change!"

she is such a sexy mama ceta covington so lucky wow

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

why you being a racist kunt?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I hope Covington wins! Not betting the fights. Just going to watch for fun.
    Last edited by Demonata; 11-06-21 at 09:48 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Great card today, fired up!!

Sanity Check

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Hope Justin Gaethje gets slept. His "I'm annoyed" act is tired.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave 209 Life 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quick Picks Part 1:
    Osbourne Sub
    Melsik KO
    Jacoby KO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

This is a good card. Very excite!! Good luck fellas!!

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Barnett KO
    Garry Decision
    Imavov KO
    Hawks KO
    Green Decision
    Pereira KO
    Gaethje KO
    Burgos Decision
    Edgar Decision
    Namajunas Submission
    Usman Decision

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Quick Picks Part 1:
    Osbourne Sub
    Melsik KO
    Jacoby KO
    Nice. I have all 3 of those guys(3 separate bets) ITD parlayed with basketball from last night.

Parlay (2 Picks)1 of 2 settled
    Nov 4 • 2021
    Total Points - 3rd Quarter: Over 57.5 @ +150HOU Rockets @ PHO Suns
    To win by Finish: Yes (Jacoby, Dustin) @ -118Jacoby, Dustin - Allan, John
    Odds: +363
    Wager: $25.00
    Pot. Payout: $115.63

Nov 6 • 2021 Total Points - 4th Quarter: Over 55.5 @ -118NO Pelicans @ GS Warriors
    To win by Finish: Yes (Osbourn, Ode) @ +140Vergara, C.J. - Osbourn, Ode
    Odds: +344
    Wager: $16.00
    Pot. Payout: $71.04

Nov 5 • 2021 Total Points - 1st Quarter: Over 58 @ -125CHA Hornets @ SAC Kings
    To win by Finish: Yes (Baghdasaryan, Melsik) @ +150Baghdasaryan, Melsik - Souza, Bruno
    Odds: +350
    Wager: $10.00
    Pot. Payout: $45.00
    Last edited by Kermit; 11-06-21 at 03:32 PM.

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Barnett KO
    Garry Decision
    Imavov KO
    Hawks KO
    Green Decision
    Pereira KO
    Gaethje KO
    Burgos Decision
    Edgar Decision
    Namajunas Submission
    Usman Decision
    Hugo, you not posting your plays tonight?

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

Quote Originally Posted by dvb02 View Post
    Hugo, you not posting your plays tonight?
    Hugo?

123 Last