flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Johnny Walker -150

Isn't this a gift? I see this guy becoming champion very soon. I don't see him being beat for a long time. What am I missing here?

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Isn't this a gift? I see this guy becoming champion very soon. I don't see him being beat for a long time. What am I missing here?
    One of these guys is going to make it look easy. Either Walker knocks Anderson out with a big strike (likely a knee or elbow) or Anderson has his way with Walker in the wrestling and grappling. I think you may be underestimating Anderson's offensive wrestling and cardio here. Walker often gets tired when fights go to the later rounds and he isn't an elite takedown defender or bottom grappler.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Walker has power, but hes not a good fighter.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Yeah I think skill for skill, Anderson is actually way better. It's just his bad chin versus Walker's big power that concerns me. Still, I don't think there's value in Walker ML here.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Yeah I think skill for skill, Anderson is actually way better. It's just his bad chin versus Walker's big power that concerns me. Still, I don't think there's value in Walker ML here.
    Agreed. Anderson if he doesnt get KOed i think this will look like Ryan Bader vs Anthony Perosh.

Must not forget that Corey Anderson made Glover Texeira look like a fool.

Anderson said he is not walking around 210, but around 230, and that has supposedly made his chin a lot better, so this may actually be a a situation where his chin isnt really shot, but lack of adequate hydration/CSF has contributed to the KOs, thats theoretically.

I think i would need to see Anderson not having chin issues for several fights in a row, but there might be something to this as his chis has actuallly seemed better.

U know Luke Rockhold was also of the same opinion so we need to see this

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Id look closer at a Walker TKO prop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    One of these guys is going to make it look easy. Either Walker knocks Anderson out with a big strike (likely a knee or elbow) or Anderson has his way with Walker in the wrestling and grappling. I think you may be underestimating Anderson's offensive wrestling and cardio here. Walker often gets tired when fights go to the later rounds and he isn't an elite takedown defender or bottom grappler.

PaperTrail07

I disagree--- he has his own style/goes for the kill/and does not fight scared....is he less "skilled" overall....sure.....but he is still a very dangerous fighter....athletic and fights smart as well...

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I disagree--- he has his own style/goes for the kill/and does not fight scared....is he less "skilled" overall....sure.....but he is still a very dangerous fighter....athletic and fights smart as well...
    I make some assumptions here and i guess youre right. Until he has proven that he can do more than KO people in the first round i should limit myself to define him as a fighter with a lot of finishing capabilities but which skill is unknown in almost any category besides that one skill.

Happy now?

PaperTrail07

lol yes--- and I get your point 100% same guy KO'ing everyone also went 3 vs Silva.....if the wild shots don't work, his skills will start to be exposed...and the more I think about the fight I'm leaning your direction.....people are expecting too much out of walker here...
    I make some assumptions here and i guess youre right. Until he has proven that he can do more than KO people in the first round i should limit myself to define him as a fighter with a lot of finishing capabilities but which skill is unknown in almost any category besides that one skill.

Happy now?

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    lol yes--- and I get your point 100% same guy KO'ing everyone also went 3 vs Silva.....if the wild shots don't work, his skills will start to be exposed...and the more I think about the fight I'm leaning your direction.....people are expecting too much out of walker here...
    Its really hard not to get swayed in the direction of the KO artist. Easy pass.

This is ufc 244...oh i want to go for bago, damn lewis may KO him. Arlovsky,nah probably KO in first round. Anderson so much better than walker nahh..may get KOed to another dimension. Most binary card ever!
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave bjpenn85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Johnny Walker just might be the most overrated fighter in mma. Not only is his TDD suspect, but he doesn't have great getups or land good offense off his back. He does have good power (and he very well could land one on Anderson here), but his odds of winning the fight decrease exponentially the longer it lasts.

He could be a regional scene champ but UFC? Jon Jones would absolutely wreck Johnny on the mat. Walker's only chance at beating top tier guys is by catching them early.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Johnny Walker just might be the most overrated fighter in mma. Not only is his TDD suspect, but he doesn't have great getups or land good offense off his back. He does have good power (and he very well could land one on Anderson here), but his odds of winning the fight decrease exponentially the longer it lasts.

He could be a regional scene champ but UFC? Jon Jones would absolutely wreck Johnny on the mat. Walker's only chance at beating top tier guys is by catching them early.
    "Bro, Walker would wreck Jon Jones. Jon Jones went to a Split Decision in his last fight. That means he sucks."
    -Some dummies on Twitter

Hugo de Naranja

What a "gift". Hopefully you listened and stayed away.

bjpenn85

This dude should be glad we bothered to come in here unpaid and bless him with our knowledge

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

LOL

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

A fukking brain. That's thread 2 now. How about a reply next time? Zionist piece of shit.