bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evander Holyfield/ Lou Savarese for the “The Road to the Heavyweight Championship”

Anyone taking Savarese ?

Evander Holyfield is scheduled to meet Lou Savarese for the “The Road to the Heavyweight Championship” on June 30th.

Evander Holyfield boxing with Lou Savarese and odds Holyfield, a four-time heavy weight champion, coming off three straight wins after a two-year layoff, is determined to win another world title before hanging up the gloves. According to publications earlier this month, Sultan Ibragimov most likely will make the first defense of his World Boxing Organization heavyweight title against Evander Holyfield, if Holyfield defeats Lou Savarese on the 30th. This should be enough motivation for the 44-year old champ.

Lou Savarese is a part-time actor and full-time fighter, and according to his trainer Bob Benton, Savarese is in the best shape of his life. Savarese will also has the advantage of almost 30 pounds on Evander Holyfield. The plan of the 41-year old boxer is to use that weight and drive Holyfield to the ropes, then use his left hook.

The odds on this fight are heavily against Lou Savarese - 5/1 to win, compared to 1/9 on Evander Holyfield, according to the British betting site Bet365 (new window). The North American Bookmaker (new window) has odds on Holyfield -650 and Savarese +500 to win the bout.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

BBD, I hope you're not planning on paying to watch this garbage.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    BBD, I hope you're not planning on paying to watch this garbage.
    Oh hell no RJT... I will however watch it

dtryanxpress
    dtryanxpress's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should I bet on Holy or not even waste my time?

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I like EH in this... This should be ok to watch I would imagine but we'll see...

I started a thread a while ago asking if anyone thought there would be a 50 year old starter in the NFL.... I would just like to say that it seems like the numbers are really jumping in some sports of people playing in their mid 40's.. I mean it's not even news anymore.... 50 is not that big of a stretch...