bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC on HBO?

Looks like there in talks to bring this sport to HBO.

HBO's 'Ultimate' dilemma

Talks are heating up between HBO Sports execs and representatives of Ultimate Fighting Championship that could soon end in a deal bringing the caged warriors to the pay-cable network.

If a contract gets done there are all kinds of ramifications. HBO does serious sports journalism with shows such as "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" and Bob Costas' "Costas Now." Where would the controversial UFC fit in? Yes, boxing, HBO's marquee sports franchise, ain't exactly without its share of whacked actors, but compared to UFC it is a mainstream sport.

Also, how would HBO handle the production? Considering its history, both HBO Sports boss Ross Greenburg and executive producer Rick Bernstein would probably seek new and independent voices with no ties to UFC.

Would they do some crossover with their boxing yackers? Word is both Lennox Lewis and MeMax Kellerman, who work on HBO's "Boxing After Dark" series, are UFC aficionados.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...p-414844c.html

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The UFC is exploding in popularity and this would be a great deal for UFC/HBO/and the fans if HBO signs off on a deal.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

It may produce more non PPV matches then they have right now. So that would be a plus for the fans.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

there will be some fights on showtime this saturday

one of which is frank shamrock in the main event

this guy is the real deal but has been extremely inactive the past 7 years

ukgaz
    ukgaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1280

Put a small bet on Shamrock. I'm hoping he will meet Baroni in the near future. I think the days of him meeting a top 5 fighter look to be over

Got David Loiseau at 2.250 at BOF. Could not resist that one