JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

GSP vs Nick Diaz

It's official. GSP vs Nick Diaz October 29th at UFC 137.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    Id love to see you beat him down Nick.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i'll wait for 5dimes to post GSP by decision line...

i'd love nothing more than to see diaz kick gsp's *ss... but nick has no takedown defense and i think gsp is too strong on the ground and will be able to control nick and get out of any submission attempts.

either way... it looks like i will have to pay for 1 more gsp fight.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    i'll wait for 5dimes to post GSP by decision line...

i'd love nothing more than to see diaz kick gsp's *ss... but nick has no takedown defense and i think gsp is too strong on the ground and will be able to control nick and get out of any submission attempts.

either way... it looks like i will have to pay for 1 more gsp fight.
    I know about GSP's wrestling and everything but I truly believe GSP has been on the decline his last few fights and this might be the perfect matchup for GSP. Diaz's boxing is dangerous, he's too tough and has too much heart to be finished, plus he can sweep or stand up and keep fighting. GSP still should be the favorite don't get me wrong, but I think this could be the fight GSP loses because Diaz is on a tear and seems to get better every fight. People have been counting him out since he knocked out Robbie Lawler, picked apart Gomi (a fight I lost big on as I was watching live in Vegas, but wow what a night with hendo koing Wanderlei), destroyed Frank Shamrock, and picked apart Daley.

Having said that, GSP should be -200 vs Diaz +180 but I really think Diaz has a great chance of finishing GSP.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

good shit...I have been waiting for this fight to happen!

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

GSP is going to get a KO in this fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    GSP is going to get a KO in this fight.
    I wouldn't take that bet at +2000.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I wouldn't take that bet at +2000.
    you don't think GSP can KO diaz with Ground and pound? I think Diaz is going to spend a lot of time on his back in this fight, and I think GSP could potentially end it there with some aggressive striking. If GSP keeps on dry humping for points then he will not make as much money in his future events. I think GSP feels the pressure of needing to stop a fight and I think Diaz is just the type of fighter to bring out the best in GSP. I could be wrong though, but I can't wait to see this one.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I think GSP is going to have a tough time finishing Nick. You're going to have to kill him to get him out of there.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    you don't think GSP can KO diaz with Ground and pound? I think Diaz is going to spend a lot of time on his back in this fight, and I think GSP could potentially end it there with some aggressive striking. If GSP keeps on dry humping for points then he will not make as much money in his future events. I think GSP feels the pressure of needing to stop a fight and I think Diaz is just the type of fighter to bring out the best in GSP. I could be wrong though, but I can't wait to see this one.
    You could've made the same argument with his fight against Hardy, but he didn't put him away. Diaz is a way tougher cat, plus he's very active off his back. GSP is going to have to spend a lot of time defending himself, he's not going to be able to just rain down blows on Diaz.

I'm not even sure what his game plan is going to be. Against ground guys he tends to keep it standing, against strikers he puts them down. Nick is dangerous everywhere. Maybe he hasn't fought the best competition, and GSP walks through him, but I'm certainly not betting money on GSP period, and definitely not by KO. If the fight does get a finish, I think Diaz is much more likely to be the cause of it.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

im going to go all in on gsp. theres no way he loses this.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You could've made the same argument with his fight against Hardy, but he didn't put him away. Diaz is a way tougher cat, plus he's very active off his back. GSP is going to have to spend a lot of time defending himself, he's not going to be able to just rain down blows on Diaz.

I'm not even sure what his game plan is going to be. Against ground guys he tends to keep it standing, against strikers he puts them down. Nick is dangerous everywhere. Maybe he hasn't fought the best competition, and GSP walks through him, but I'm certainly not betting money on GSP period, and definitely not by KO. If the fight does get a finish, I think Diaz is much more likely to be the cause of it.
    perhaps you're right, but I am going with my instinct on this one. For some reason I think GSP will finally get a TKO/KO. Of course if that happens it will probably be FOTN or KOOTN, and if you think Diaz has a chance I doubt he will be winning by decision anyway. Could be some good value in those lines if the odds makers aren't thinking the same thing I am. I wonder if the odds for those types of bets will be better now or later.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Late stoppage due to cuts is more likely, GSP in Diaz's guard throwing elbows

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I hope diaz taunt gsp. i hope gsp gets flashbacks from the past when people was picking on him. Hope he gets broken down mentally. Hope ge gets finish. Hope diaz finishes the evening by knocking out gsp and then ariel h.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think its time for diaz!

sag3000
    sag3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see this play out somewhat like Torres vs Mighty Mouse. Diaz will be the most active on the ground and look the most for finishes, while GSP will get the W.
    I'm very unsure of who to root for, I'm a fan of both.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

LOL at GSP KO'ing anybody let alone Nick Diaz. Hope youre trolling or something.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 490

awesome fight can't wait

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    LOL at GSP KO'ing anybody let alone Nick Diaz. Hope youre trolling or something.
    you're right man. The thought of GSP winning a fight by KO is comparable to the thought of a woman winning the women's tennis associations french open this year. It will never happen.

WONOFTHEGUYS
    Update your status
    WONOFTHEGUYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2233

nick has all hart...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by WONOFTHEGUYS View Post
    nick has all hart...

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This one's going 5 rounds. That much i know.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Oddsmaker says UFC 137 line could continue to improve for Nick Diaz

by Dann Stupp on Jun 02, 2011 at 4:45 pm ET

Following Wednesday's announcement of an October super fight between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and Strikeforce titleholder Nick Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC), St-Pierre opened as a healthy -365 favorite.

That means St-Pierre was given nearly an 80 percent chance of winning the fight.

But as noted MMA oddsmaker Joey Oddessa told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), the bettors' early money is coming in for Diaz, and his underdog status could continue to diminish as the fight draws near.

The pay-per-view title fight, which appears to be just for the UFC belt (though officials haven't clarified), takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. It's the first major UFC vs. Strikeforce fight since UFC officials purchased their rival promotion in March.

Oddessa said some early, pre-announcement lines had St-Pierre as much as a -450 favorite. However, that line was based on the belief that the fight would take place in St-Pierre's home country of Canada, part of a planned December show in Montreal. Now that it's officially slated for Sin City, Diaz is considered less of an underdog.

And it's a trend that could continue.

"In the early hours after I opened (St-Pierre) at -365, I saw a steady flow of support come in on Nick Diaz," said Oddessa, who frequently appears on MMAjunkie.com Radio to preview fights and discuss betting lines. "The line has been down to -340, and it's likely to continue its steady flow toward Nick Diaz if his strong fan base continues to bet rapid fire on the emotion and anticipation of Nick's return to the UFC.

"With all the recent fight cancellations, bettors usually don't care to tie up money on future bouts unless they anticipate fairly large swings in the odds. The early money on Diaz may be a strong indicator of where the betting line is headed."

Oddessa, who's the brain behind some of MMA's most widely used betting lines, said this is somewhat unchartered territory for Diaz. Since leaving the UFC in April 2006, he's posted a 14-1 record in organizations such as PRIDE, EliteXC, Strikeforce and DREAM. Outside of a PRIDE 33 meeting with Takanori Gomi that ended in victory (but was later changed to a no-contest due to a failed drug test), Diaz has been an underdog just once: against Frank Shamrock in 2009. (Diaz, of course, won that fight.)

St-Pierre, too, is used to the "favorite" status.

"Nick Diaz and George St-Pierre have entered the ring and cage all but one time as the betting favorites dating back over five years," Oddessa said. "Over that time period of a combined near 25 bouts, the average price on Diaz and St-Pierre in each outing was higher than -375, and more than often, most gamblers referred to each as the 'lock' on the card."

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I cant wait for this one

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

is gsp ducking silva?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

GSP will defeat Diaz.
    Silva will defeat GSP.

FindTheLock

GSP won't fight Silva, but if he did I wouldn't mind seeing silva get another fancy KO.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    GSP will defeat Diaz. Silva will defeat GSP.
    when?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

dam they are bringing the heat with 137, hopefully the undercard fills out like 132.

dochall2u
    Update your status
    dochall2u's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it will be a good fight.Everyone is down on GSP because of his style,but the guy just keeps winning.Hard to bet against the guy but Diaz is down to a 285 dog-so we will see.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

diaz needs to practise his wrestling and improve his takedown defence because gsp will not stand with him.I hope diaz wins by sub on the ground.
    Last edited by Vrakas; 07-14-11 at 09:58 PM. Reason: missed word

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

rooting for diaz, should be a good fight. I'm not touching this fight with gsp at -343.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

GSP wins this, and I guarantee this wont go the distance.
    There is no way.
    Diaz was put on his ass by Paul Daley.
    GSP is going to be looking to put Diaz away and finish the fight. He was hungry to finish the Jake Shields fight, but Shields was hesitant and afraid to fight with GSP.
    Diaz will not be afraid to get into GSP's face, which will be his downfall.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    GSP wins this, and I guarantee this wont go the distance.
    There is no way.
    Diaz was put on his ass by Paul Daley.
    GSP is going to be looking to put Diaz away and finish the fight. He was hungry to finish the Jake Shields fight, but Shields was hesitant and afraid to fight with GSP.
    Diaz will not be afraid to get into GSP's face, which will be his downfall.

This seems to imply that you think GSP hits harder than Daley?

El
    Oh
    El

And thanks for the guarantee of the fight not going the distance. I will be maxing that bet everywhere. How promptly will you pay out this guarantee if it happens to go wrong?

12 Last