raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

The first US-issued bitcoin debit card, the Shift Card.

Today, we’re excited to introduce the first US-issued bitcoin debit card, the Shift Card. The Shift Card is a **** debit card that currently allows Coinbase users in twenty-four states in the U.S. to spend bitcoin online and offline at over 38 million merchants worldwide.
    Merchant adoption has come a long way over the past few years, but it’s still difficult for people to make regular purchases with bitcoin. Buying gas at a local gas station or groceries at a neighborhood grocery store with bitcoin has not been possible in most cities in the U.S. Thanks to Shift Payments, it’s now possible to use bitcoin to buy gas, groceries, and much more. With the Shift Card, you can now spend bitcoin anywhere in the world that **** is accepted.
    https://blog.coinbase.com/2015/11/20...he-shift-card/

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Shift card: Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.Coinbase and Dwolla aren’t charging a transaction fee although Swift says both companies reserve the right to do so in the future. You’ll pay $10 up front for the plastic debit card and $10 to replace it should it become lost, stolen or damaged.
    The daily spending / withdrawal limit is set at $1,000.
    gambling911

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Very interesting...

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I got an email from Coinbase stating that my state is now in the allowable states to use this. I think I might try it out. If I do, I'll report here.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Can you use this credit card even if you have transferred your coinbase bitcoin to USD, but you are still holding them in the coinbase wallet?

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

Just wanted to note, i got a shift card last month & finally activated it today... I just went to an ATM for the 1st time with it and made a withdrawl for $90.. flawless! Its crazy how you can turn bitcoin to usd instantly ! For anybody wondering about it, just wanted to share my positive experience
    Points Awarded:

bullheaddad gave daveydips 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.