High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Good work, Nasher

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

brutal loss for the phillies, 2 at home. hit the ball harder imo but the dbacks were luckier. that's baseball

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Last edited by stevenash; 10-25-23 at 12:52 AM. Reason: double post

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Good work, Nasher
    Thank you sir.
    Appreciate you.

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24327

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    brutal loss for the phillies, 2 at home. hit the ball harder imo but the dbacks were luckier. that's baseball
    No luck involved when you go into their hostile house and kick their ass twice to win the NL Championship
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Flashmo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmo View Post
    No luck involved when you go into their hostile house and kick their ass twice to win the NL Championship
    Fair enough. Though I think we can all agree (unless you like capping umpires) that umpire calls have to go. There's no reason for it anymore. I know they're working on it. My #1 issue with baseball was it took too long, they took care of that, only reason I'm watching again. Nothing like waiting 40 seconds for a pitcher to throw ball 3...I thought I was old already..

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

Well nash who do u like in this ws ???

stevenash

I'm looking forward to this upcoming World Series.
    It's not often I get two teams involved to which I have no rooting interest in one way or another.

I'm going to apologize in advance if I offend fans of certain teams I have no use for and could do without.
    Like the LA Dodgers for instance, I can't stomach them, and it seems they're playing October baseball every other year or so.

I'm OK with SF, AZ, and SD, hell I'll settle for the Rockies once or twice a decade, thing is the next time the Rox assemble a quality pitching staff will be the first time the Rox assemble a quality pitching staff.

Thank God Houston was sent packing, that's another team I can do without, even though I enjoy watching Alvarez climbing into the batters box four times a game, he truly is this decades Big Papi.

Bregman too, I appreciate the way he conducts his business both on defense at third base which is a very difficult position to master, you need a cannon for a throwing arm to make those long distance across the diamond throws to first base, and you also need to possess jaguar like reflexes because physics will tell you no ball is struck with such violent velocity to third base, and that includes those wicked comeback line drives to the pitchers mound,

I pay attention to Bregman's approach to each of his at bats as well.
    He's always totally prepared, understands the importance of working the pitch count, and the importance of situational hitting.

There's a very short list of things in baseball you just can't teach or learn. Bregman's feline razor sharp reflexes, and the clutchness of a Papi, Altuve, or a Reggie Jackson, you're either born with those attributes, or you are not.

The rest of that Houston roster I pretty much loathe.
    Altuve is getting old, but you'd have a hard time proving it by me based off of his previous series.
    Even though there is no love lost for Altuve in casa de Nasher, I have to give the jackass mad props for his consistent clutch hitting. That Astro window is closing fast.

God forbid Texas has a 100 percent de Grom next season, to go along with Montgomery and Eovaldi, if so that could possibly the most lethal starting rotation in the game, that Ranger lineup is proven, they play stellar team defense too. Texas's Kryptonite is that subpar bullpen of theirs, which can be righted with a few shrewd off season transactions. And Boche is the best manager in the game today, that's just tis mans opinion though.

Texas has become or on the doorstep of becoming the class of the AL West.

Seattle is knocking on the door as well, they have a good front office, good coaches, and it's clear to me the Mariner franchise knows exactly what their identity is and how to go about achieving their goals.

I'm not convinced Las Vegas/Oakland can win the PCL, no less the AL West.
    Conversely, the Angels are bi polar opposites, as they remain clueless.

But I digress, I am the King of Digression afterall, getting back to my original point, that being I'm looking forward to this World Series.

I have two fresh teams, teams that I don't live and die with with each pitch yet don't despise either one of them to the point where it clouds my judgement.

Two teams I can make a case for as to why I would like them to win.
    Dallas/Texas Rangers have never won a MLB championship, and those fans deserve one.
    And the Phoenix/Arizona Diamondbacks haven't won in over two decades when Gonzo hit that hump back soft liner to left field to break Mio Rivera and all of NYC hearts, to date I maintain the greatest WS of my lifetime.

Two teams I can find myself equally rooting for.

Series Odds

Texas -170
    Arizona +145

Game 1 Odds
    Friday 10/27

Texas -162
    Arizona +136

I haven't made any decisions as to what way I am going to wager the series or any individual games.

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post

Luck is the residue of design.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Andy

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Good analysis Nash and congratulations on the Rangers getting into the dance.

That game one line is up to +152 now. It looks to me books are begging for zona action with Gallen at that price. He has been subpar in the playoffs so far. Arizona has good speed and they will give the Rangers problems. I'm looking forward to this series.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good analysis Nash and congratulations on the Rangers getting into the dance.

That game one line is up to +152 now. It looks to me books are begging for zona action with Gallen at that price. He has been subpar in the playoffs so far. Arizona has good speed and they will give the Rangers problems. I'm looking forward to this series.
    Thanks buddy.
    Certain posters opinions I place a higher premium on.
    You are on that list.

Appreciate the words.
    Make some of that NBA money while you're at it.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

High3rEl3m3nt

Likely rolling dbacks.

play I am on for Friday plus a photo of a fat stack because cash is fun

High3rEl3m3nt

Only contractor in the USA who will be tarping a roof with $50k in his pocket
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave High3rEl3m3nt 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Likely rolling dbacks.

play I am on for Friday plus a photo of a fat stack because cash is fun

Not only is cash fun, cash is also King.

The great Bob Dylan said "Money doesn't talk, it swears obscenities"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Not only is cash fun, cash is also King.

The great Bob Dylan said "Money doesn't talk, it swears obscenities"
    Cash is on the way out. Only a matter of time.

budwiser

So very true. You can have cash and nowhere to put it.

If we want to go further gambling is done. They'll track everyone. And everyone that is any good can't play, as these books are in it for profit. There will be the occasional Pinnacle, bookmaker, 5dimes, that are respectable and allow sharps. But you'll get too many Bodogs that won't let you win from the start. I haven't played the American online books and never will.

But lucky for us those days not coming for the next decade...

budwiser

There may be promise though, with places like matchbook that don't care if you're sharp or not they just take a commission like it's an exchange

Or as said Pinnacle as said that will cater to sharps with low juice

Innovation always shows up

budwiser

the solution to problem gambling is no online gambling.

but i'm getting way off track on nash's thread...though i didn't want to start my own

as for game 1 i can't play it, i'll be on travel can play the saturday game. that's my life

budwiser

if you want to be specific on cash, any cash transaction 10k or over is tracked

at books, they have limits, from up to $500 winning (the usual ceasars or mgm types) or up to $3000 total return (fanduel). books vary on this, but they have their rules and they don't break their rules/reliable. unless you give them a reason to break them

suprisingly i've found fanduel to be the best book. no bs they just tell you straight out

but again i digress...

good luck on nash your picks.

budwiser

even fanduel's are different, i know one that max $1000 return but they return more ok with signature, i know 2 other fanduels up to $3k no issue

then there's the ripoff artists. go take a look at ocean in atlantic city, they are ripoff, must be run by the mob or something, they spent many millions on the place only to have a paranoid pathetic book. it won't succeed, as the great olympic/greek online said, sweat the game not the payout. bunch of worthless idiots run the place

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

-170 fawkkkkkkkk my fandule live i n cason o -174

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

yes bud weiser i agree bout ocean in ac book is horrible

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Cash is on the way out. Only a matter of time.
    You sound exactly like Ally.

She says cash will be obsolete, and soon.
    I disagree, there'll always be a place for stone cold cash.

There's a reason why I make sure there's always a few twenty dollar greenbacks stashed in my wallet.

You ever need to buy dog food, or Coca-Cola from the corner store when the card readers are down, or there's a power outage?

Without that chump change in the wallet, you're going home empty handed and it'll suck to be you at that moment in time.

Now the exception to the cash rule is the gold standard.

I was reading in Barron's, or WSJ, one of those respectful business trades online where the common man can purchase gold that can be used in lieu of cash, and the beauty of it is the gold is struck small enough in 20 and 100 dollar values that it fits in the average man's wallet or woman's handbag.

What's the golden rule?
    He who has the gold rules?

stevenash

Arizona + 115 Texas (Series)

Two weeks ago if you had asked me "If it's Arizona and Texas, who do you have"?
    I would have told you "Texas, most likely in six games"
    Ask LB, he'll tell you, I've been touting Texas since the beginning of July.

There's a reason why I held off on wagering the series from the onset, as I wanted to take a wait and see approach as Arizona just kept on surprising.

On paper Arizona was in a serious mismatch versus LA.
    Arizona swept them and advanced to the NLCS against Philadelphia.
    Once again on paper Arizona was in a serious mismatch and once again defeated what was perceived as the better team and after dropping the first two games got off the mat won that series and here we are, all this mind you as a Wild Card entry with no home field advantage.

I've seen enough to move me off of my Texas position, and after leafing through my sports wagering hand book there's nothing in there that says I'm not allowed to change gears in mid stream so to speak.

Eovaldi and Montgomery, the two front line Texas starters I was so strong on all of a sudden were no longer bullet proof, Texas's only real weakness, their bullpen, remains their Kryptonite.

Two things I've learned along the way (well, a lot more than two things) is don't fade a magic carpet ride, the type of ride Arizona is currently on, and as Kevin Costner (Crash Davis) said in Bull Durham "If a player (team) is on a streak, you must respect the streak, you know why? Because they don't happen very often"

This series which was once a best of seven game series with Texas holding home field advantage has become a best of five series, with Arizona now holding serve as they are guaranteed three home games.

The switch has been flipped indeed.
    The series now favors Arizona 55/45 percent, yet I'm being offered +115 on a proposition that should be reversed (46.5/53.5)

Riddle me this?
    Where is the value?

Arizona +115

Postseason to date
    12-3

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

It will depend if you want to join the beast system or not. If it is 100% digital-backed guvahmint system, then they will control or will have the ability to control every single purchase you make. They already decline ammo purchases with some credit card companies and banks as it is. Just wait until it is all digital by the goobermint. It really is total control. They likely won't tell you this will they? Of course not.

So, the only way you survive outside the crooks and their beast system would be having gold and silver and being able to barter goods. The only alternative would be a revolution to where the masses refuse this digital system and THEY (the money changers in that temple when Christ tipped over their tables on them) lose power and control all together. Good luck on the latter happening.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Has Texas yet to lose a road game in this playoffs? Just wow. They have the chance to run a clean slate on the road?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

You sound exactly like Ally.

She says cash will be obsolete, and soon.
    I disagree, there'll always be a place for stone cold cash.
    I bet that in less than 20 years 90% of the population will consider anyone wanting to use cash as a criminal.

People are easily influenced.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Has Texas yet to lose a road game in this playoffs? Just wow. They have the chance to run a clean slate on the road?
    Historically home teams have won 54% of postseason home games

So team home field in MLB is statistically insignificant

budwiser

Arizona + 115 Texas (Series)
    I would have gotten sucked into that but I looked at the game line and it said no advantage either team

These to-win-it-all odds are froot loops. The 49ers picked up Chase Young and the odds didn't change-you'd think based on reality it would change even a little bit-Chase Young when healthy is a great pass rusher. The Suns picked up Durant and were the favorites to win it all, they flamed out fast. Unless you see value, stay away.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I bet that in less than 20 years 90% of the population will consider anyone wanting to use cash as a criminal.
    People are easily influenced.
    Just said the other day anyone that votes based on a commercial shouldn't vote. Maybe we should go back to only rich landowners can vote, cause we got a lot of voters and a lot of bad politicians

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

Wait nash took zona in ws after being on Texas all playoffs???

what a mistake

oh well he still did very good in post season

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Wait nash took zona in ws after being on Texas all playoffs???

what a mistake

oh well he still did very good in post season
    series was crazy. a bounce here, a bounce there could have changed the series

whoever scored first won. every time. momentum was everything

budwiser

ratings for the world series at an all time low. not unexpected, given the teams.

tuesday game had 8.5 million viewers, no real competition with football

monday's raiders-lions game had 15.2 million viewers

mlb is a lot more watchable this year, for me. but world series may be on its way totnt fs1 or espn2

as i said the next thing they HAVE to do to increase viewership is get automated ball/strike calls. every game, heck almost every INNING there are bad calls. who wants to watch some *sshole not involved in the game making bad judgment calls. the days of joe west calling horrible games are over

First 1234