Betpoints: 6231

New York Yankees down fall

Why they so bad now guys?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Why are they so bad?

Bad contracts for starters.

They're paying a broke down 1B/DH (Rizzo) 17 million to sit out all season.
    It gets better.

They're paying a broke down OF/DH (Stanton) who hasn't played a full season since 2018, 32 million this year, next year, and the year after that, 100 million through 2025.

Stanton has missed almost half of NY's games the past four years due to a bad ankle, a bad bicep, a bad hammy, and a bad knee.

Cashman (Hank) is paying Stanton boatloads of money for the 59 homers he hit for the Marlins all those moons ago, now they're stuck with that ungodly nine figure contract that NY can't unload for ten cents on the dollar.

He won't hit 59 homers in the next four years combined, and with the ankle, knee, hammy, and everything else he'll never see the playing field again, all he is now is a part time DH that'll never see 300 AB's in a season again.
    Nice work if you can get it, God Bless America.

Once upon time DJ LeMahieu an elite batting average/on base machine.
    That was when he was playing in Denver last decade.
    Now he's struggling to hit .250, his numbers are like a full 80 points off the past three seasons.
    .265 . 260 .245
    Cashman is paying DJ, like Stanton for the player he once was, not is or ever will be again.

And WTF were they thinking trading for Josh Donaldson, and other washed up former slugger that that's hitting .222 for the decade.

Those four aforementioned players are all washed up, all in their mid to late 30's, and cost on the average 20 million a season, each.

Half their bullpen staff is on the DL, relievers Cortes, Abreu, and Peralta.

Starters Severino and German are the butt end of a bad joke, and Carlos Rondon has morphed into a gas can.

There's other examples too you have your domestic spouse abusers, and a litany of other horror stories.

This is what the Yankees have going for them.
    Gerrit Cole will win the Cy Young, too bad the other four starters are hamburgers.
    Clay Holmes, the closer, I wouldn't call elite, but he's top ten, same with their set up man, Michael King, who's very dependable in that role but has been forced into making several spot starts.
    After that, nothing, less than zero in that leaky pen, the other three regular relievers are all on the shelf with injuries.

Too make a long story short, which I am not capable of doing, the real problem is they don't get on base.
    I've been writing baseball on these very here boards for almost thirteen years, and a lot longer than that, and if you've been reading my drivel all these years you know by now this game is simple, in order to win you must score runs, and in order to score runs you must get on base, hit, walk, whatever, it's imperative you must get on base, and they just don't do that.

They're tenth out of fifteenth (AL) in runs score (653) and you need to score about 860 to make the postseason.
    They're next to last in batting average, and 11th out of 15th in on base percentage.
    There's your answer, and it's what I've been saying all these years, you can take all your power numbers and cram them with walnuts where the sun don't shine.

And conversely, you must outscore the opposition.
    So simple a caveman can comprehend that.
    The pitching must prevent runs from scoring, keep them off base, right?
    And they don't do that either.
    You can't win with a stud ace and four hamburgers and two very reliable relievers and the rest of them are ten guys named Moe

Oh, the manager is all sorts of burned out too.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Check your other Yankees thread for the answers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Yeah slayer you just figured it now after you predicted the Yankees will win everything this year. How much did you lose betting the Yankees this year?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

pitch clock

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

It's one "bad" year, which can happen to anyone and they're 79-77, which isn't exactly a collapse. I'm looking to bet them over the team total next year based on an overreaction.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    It's one "bad" year, which can happen to anyone and they're 79-77, which isn't exactly a collapse. I'm looking to bet them over the team total next year based on an overreaction.
    I understand your logic, that being the psychological aspect.

This is what the NYY have going on for them in 2024.
    Catcher-Higgy is a fine defensive catcher, fine signal caller, his stick is a liability, limited pop, doesn't hit for average, doesn't get on base either.
    Yanks are going to need another catcher anyway, Trevino the backup might be shot, plus his bat is a bigger liability than Higgy's.
    Yanks should sign FA catcher d'Arnaud who could split time with Higgy and can play first base as well, plus d'Arnaud has proven home run power.
    I believe Rizzo's New York playing days are over.

I love Grebar Torres at 2B, always have, and their SS Volpe has some power and speed, pretty good glove, but like most of the rest of the offense, can't get on base for shit.

Yanks need DJ to rebound next season, he needs to get back to at least .270/.370 OBA

Judge is the best player in the American League not named Ohtani, enough said.
    Yanks need CF and LF help, two guys that can get on base, they don't need another Stanton, Rizzo, Donaldson type.

The biggest problem still remains besides the team offense can't get on base for shit and score runs, who's the 2 through five starters next season after Cole?
    German, Severino, and Carlos Rondon all aren't top or middle of the rotation starters, at best they're mediocre, at worst, gas cans.

That offense had better average six runs per game every time Cole doesn't start, because that's the kind of run support they're going to need.

They're pretty good bullpen arms that can be had via free agency.

Riddle me this?
    If the markets have the o/u win total set at 91.5 next season do you still bet the over 91.5 wins?

Remember now, that AL East is stacked, NYY plays Boston, Balt., TB, and Toronto about 15 times each, that's 60 real tough games, NYY will win 80 this year, you'll need to pick up at least 8 more like 10 more wins next season.

You're a sharp gambler, I read your posts, you don't need me to tell you what to do, however I'd wait and see who on the roster is healed come spring training, and who they signed in free agency.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Why are they so bad?

Bad contracts for starters.

They're paying a broke down 1B/DH (Rizzo) 17 million to sit out all season.
    It gets better.

They're paying a broke down OF/DH (Stanton) who hasn't played a full season since 2018, 32 million this year, next year, and the year after that, 100 million through 2025.

Stanton has missed almost half of NY's games the past four years due to a bad ankle, a bad bicep, a bad hammy, and a bad knee.

Cashman (Hank) is paying Stanton boatloads of money for the 59 homers he hit for the Marlins all those moons ago, now they're stuck with that ungodly nine figure contract that NY can't unload for ten cents on the dollar.

He won't hit 59 homers in the next four years combined, and with the ankle, knee, hammy, and everything else he'll never see the playing field again, all he is now is a part time DH that'll never see 300 AB's in a season again.
    Nice work if you can get it, God Bless America.

Once upon time DJ LeMahieu an elite batting average/on base machine.
    That was when he was playing in Denver last decade.
    Now he's struggling to hit .250, his numbers are like a full 80 points off the past three seasons.
    .265 . 260 .245
    Cashman is paying DJ, like Stanton for the player he once was, not is or ever will be again.

And WTF were they thinking trading for Josh Donaldson, and other washed up former slugger that that's hitting .222 for the decade.

Those four aforementioned players are all washed up, all in their mid to late 30's, and cost on the average 20 million a season, each.

Half their bullpen staff is on the DL, relievers Cortes, Abreu, and Peralta.

Starters Severino and German are the butt end of a bad joke, and Carlos Rondon has morphed into a gas can.

There's other examples too you have your domestic spouse abusers, and a litany of other horror stories.

This is what the Yankees have going for them.
    Gerrit Cole will win the Cy Young, too bad the other four starters are hamburgers.
    Clay Holmes, the closer, I wouldn't call elite, but he's top ten, same with their set up man, Michael King, who's very dependable in that role but has been forced into making several spot starts.
    After that, nothing, less than zero in that leaky pen, the other three regular relievers are all on the shelf with injuries.

Too make a long story short, which I am not capable of doing, the real problem is they don't get on base.
    I've been writing baseball on these very here boards for almost thirteen years, and a lot longer than that, and if you've been reading my drivel all these years you know by now this game is simple, in order to win you must score runs, and in order to score runs you must get on base, hit, walk, whatever, it's imperative you must get on base, and they just don't do that.

They're tenth out of fifteenth (AL) in runs score (653) and you need to score about 860 to make the postseason.
    They're next to last in batting average, and 11th out of 15th in on base percentage.
    There's your answer, and it's what I've been saying all these years, you can take all your power numbers and cram them with walnuts where the sun don't shine.

And conversely, you must outscore the opposition.
    So simple a caveman can comprehend that.
    The pitching must prevent runs from scoring, keep them off base, right?
    And they don't do that either.
    You can't win with a stud ace and four hamburgers and two very reliable relievers and the rest of them are ten guys named Moe

Oh, the manager is all sorts of burned out too.
    We should go to a spring training game next year and I’ll read this out loud via a bullhorn until we get kicked out.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    We should go to a spring training game next year and I’ll read this out loud via a bullhorn until we get kicked out.
    We have a team about three miles from my condo here in the Atlantic League (Independent League) twelve teams, no major league affiliations, the scouts that I talk to tell me the talent level is between AA and AAA, good baseball, where unsigned kids out of HS go to play hoping to get noticed and MLB players go to play just to keep their skills sharp hoping to get back to the show.

You should hear the good natured ribbing we give some of the guys.
    Nothing disrespectful, not wise to disrespect the game.

Remember this incident?
    This happened right here down the road.

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...ck-5655225.php