Kenny Rogers who began battling with management before the season and has had a tumultuous year off the field, doesn't expect to wear a Rangers uniform next season.

"I'm pretty certain this is my last start here," Rogers told The Dallas Morning News off his scheduled appearance Thursday. "Actually, I'm extremely certain. I think everybody has made their positions known.

"In a way, I'm kind of relieved. I know I won't have to bend over backwards to make it happen. I think sometimes in the past, my desire to be here has been the overriding factor for me, and at least I know where I stand."

The year began poorly as the club angered Rogers by its offseason handling of his request for a contract extension.

In June, Rogers was involved in an altercation with two TV cameramen that resulted in a 20-game suspension, reduced to 13 by an arbitrator, and a $50,000 fine.

In between, he had a 31-inning scoreless streak in April and May. At 14-7 with a 3.42 ERA in 189 1/3 innings, he leads the team in wins and innings pitched.

The Rangers would like to talk to him about coming back, the Morning News reported, but will wait until the offseason.