Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Wow, good question. 8 months for Racing Victoria to do anything after investigation starts?

Amazing well known crims like Gatto and Mokbel can run any business too.

Isn't Mokbel locked up for life?

"They were a frightening outfit. The moment you owed them, there would be a thug that would kick your door in and I'm just talking 24 hours after the money was lost.

"But in my case, I was owed $700,000 and was told: 'If you don't want your head blown off, keep your mouth shut'.

"They revelled in intimidation and were known Australian-wide as a con operation that would cold-call punters to put money into their account and that's the last you would see of it.

"In Sydney, I'm told that a winning punter was threatened with severe injuries if he told the police what was happening inside the Betjack operation."

Fairfax Media reported in September that Racing Victoria had started an investigation into Betjack, which had been accused of fleecing punters across the state.

Racing Victoria chief executive Bernard Saundry said this week that the organisation had received complaints about Betjack that had been referred to the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.