JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Bird-sheet

From BG: Interesting Birdman stat this is his 18th career semis of masters series he is 3-14 in those matches with 1 title at Bercy

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Back to the well! Riding the hot Francois hand.
    Last edited by JohnnyRudeboy; 04-17-15 at 10:12 PM. Reason: drunk typing

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

That 3-14 is pretty decent considering they are majority against the big 4.

Everyone has said Monfils is a top 5 player when motivated though so hard to fade him the way he has been playing.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Agreed, it's not bad.

I just think Monfils really passes the eyeball test from what I've caught on the replays this week and the clay really seems to suit his game well. He appears to be playing simultaneously with desire (which really counts for something in his case since, as you mentioned, that has seemed to be his greatest weakness in the past aside from physical health) and elusiveness-- moving his opponents all over the court. He's certainly more athletic than Birdy so I'd favor him in the longer rallies.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must be a reason Berdych beats Monfils almost every time .... just sayin' there's nothing easy about picking a winner in this match. Yet another coin flip.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

You're right, of course, but they are 1-1 on clay!

So yea, a coin flip.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Must be a reason Berdych beats Monfils almost every time .... just sayin' there's nothing easy about picking a winner in this match. Yet another coin flip.
    I agree. They battled at Roland Garros in 2013 in an extremely tight 5 setter. I guess whoever feels better in the morning will have the edge. I lean Monfils because of form this week, but you never know when he goes for reverse dunks, rather than just lay it in for the win.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

I'm pretty surprised Monfils has never made it past the 3rd round before this week. The last 3 appearances he lost to Busta, Montanes and Gil.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not surprised by that. Monfils whole career has been that pretty much to a T. Lots of promise, too many injuries, too much inconsistency.