Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    That's the most important point. I wish Max would stop pretending that comparing PM's and MB's listed prices were an apples-to-apples comparison. It's deceptive. It would be great to have a calculator on the home page so that the customer could compute the actual price taking into account the GP deposit, withdrawal, and winning bet fees on an X times rollover basis as compared to MB's commission credits in and $9/$3000 cashout option.
    It is not deceptive.

Quick example for you:

On MB you make 2 offers for 1k, one wins one loses. You get .2% commission so $4 total.

On Parlaymakers you make 2 offers for 1K, one wins and one loses. Your total commission is 1.5 % for each so $30, but on the winning wager you paid $20 in GP commission so your net is $10....$6 more than MB.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I don't understand how offers work at Parlaymakers, so I'll take your word on that.

But it is deceptive to compare offered lines between MB and PM. I accept a $1000 offer at +100 at Parlaymakers and win and I pay $20 to GP. I accept the same offer at Matchbook and win and I pay them $10.

$20>$10...Q.E.D.

bookie

double post.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Matchbook also does transfers with all the best books...and for free....that is HUGE!

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

I prefer matchbook, couse it's the cheapest betting exchange ever. It's definitely not made for highrollers, except for big event like superball, where you can bet 10-s of thousands even at matchbook.

There's no minimum bet, you can even make a 1 cent offers, so this is a good way test a betting theory before doing it with big money.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Both Matchbook & Betfair are must-have exchanges.

Betfair's biggest disadvantage is premium charge. However, it's your only option for trading. You can't make inplay trading in Matchbook. Liquidty is very poor. Also programs like betangel, geekstoy, fairbot don't support Matchy. Matchbook is for betting only, Betfair is your only weapon for trading. (But you can make pregame trading with Matchbook)

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

loyd...that makes no sense. Who would you buy the points from on an exchange?
    i would buy them from other members who want to sell them, you said ur self its like alternate lines if -110 is over/under 48, i was looking wether any of them have the possibility of -170 45 and player would buy or sell such bets, i think it makes sense.

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by loyd View Post
    i think it makes sense.
    OK. Now I see what you mean. Sorry that I was sharp.

Max009

I don't understand how offers work at Parlaymakers, so I'll take your word on that.

But it is deceptive to compare offered lines between MB and PM. I accept a $1000 offer at +100 at Parlaymakers and win and I pay $20 to GP. I accept the same offer at Matchbook and win and I pay them $10.

$20>$10...Q.E.D.
    You only pay a 2% fee to GP on net winnings. On MB you pay 1% whether you win or lose.

Example, you accept a 1000 bet at MB and lose you pay $10. You accept a 1000 bet and win you pay $10.
    At Parlaymakers you accept a 1000 bet and lose you pay nothing. You accept a $1000 bet and win you pay $20 and get your money back in your ewallet.

$20=$20

Plus the betting options at Parlaymakers are much better than MB and Parlaymakers guarantees to beat the prices on Matchbook. Why bet +151 at MB when you can always get +152 at Parlaymakers?

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

I did some in game betting on Matchbook tonight on the Sunday night football game and liquidity was good when there was breaks in the game.

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Quote Originally Posted by Max009 View Post
    There will be a reward program next week for Moneybookers players as soon as we get the Moneybookers guys eligible to make exchange offers. It will not be as generous as the GP side because its more expensive for us to use Moneybookers.
    Any updates on the Moneybookers reward program?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread earlier
    But I dont think you can count betmaker
    They have close to ZERO LIQUIDITY
    CRIS doesn't even dump action there it goes to Betfair or matchbook depending on the sport
    Adding Betmaker in the original comparison adds to the scientific credibility of this in-depth research into exchanges.

*cough*

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

You are paid a commission to put an offer on Parlaymakers, 1.5%, see my original post. So factoring in the gp 2% on net winnings on average you are getting paid .5% on every accepted offer. That is 3/10 of a percent better than Matchbook. Summary Matchbook pays you .2% and Parlaymakers pays you a net of .5%. So you will make more putting up offers on Parlaymakers than you will on Matchbook.

Also, you actually get something out of the 2% paid to Gp and that is instant control of your money.
    Max explain how you are making.5% when you are paying 2% and getting back 1.5%

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does parlaymakers have a rating here or anywhere else?

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Just looked at Parlaymakers odds and they appear to be identical to Pinnacle. So no use to me as Pinny don't charge to commission. I appreciate US players can't use Pinny.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    Just looked at Parlaymakers odds and they appear to be identical to Pinnacle. So no use to me as Pinny don't charge to commission. I appreciate US players can't use Pinny.
    The commission is only on the exchange lines that are available, not the pinnacle ones.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    The commission is only on the exchange lines that are available, not the pinnacle ones.
    Are you saying i was looking at the wrong lines? they have two sets?

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Any updates on the Moneybookers reward program?
    Coming soon a little backed up on projects.

We started the affiliate program this week, (30% net losses with no carryover). Hope to add the rewards portion for Moneybookers side by end of next week or first part of following week.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Adding Betmaker in the original comparison adds to the scientific credibility of this in-depth research into exchanges.

*cough*
    I was just being fair and inclusive. Betmaker is very competitive on certain games...yes better than Matchbook at times...not as good as the Parlaymakers guarantee, but hey, nobody is perfect.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by omahamoneymaker View Post
    Does parlaymakers have a rating here or anywhere else?
    No, we are the redheaded step child.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    Are you saying i was looking at the wrong lines? they have two sets?
    Always a commission when you win (that is the fee GP charges), whether you made a wager on the base Parlaymakers line or an exchange offer. You get reward points on any wager with the Parlaymakers base line. Exchange offers are on any event that has a yellow highlighted line. You can always bet the base line (Pinnacle line) if there are offers in addition then you can accept those offers as well. Exchange offers by definition are always better than the base line, so you always get those first.

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Coming soon a little backed up on projects.

We started the affiliate program this week, (30% net losses with no carryover). Hope to add the rewards portion for Moneybookers side by end of next week or first part of following week.
    Let's hope so ... playing at PM is considerably less attractive today for a Moneybookers player.

And teasers are another thing I have an issue with ...

Prior to the elimination of the bonus, you used to be able to bet teasers and get a bit of a rebate/bonus after you put through enough teasers ... now with the bonus gone, you get nothing back for betting teasers ... if the elimination of the bonus on teasers went hand-in-hand with an improvement in the teaser payouts, it might have been O.K., but what we got was an elimination of the bonus on teasers with no increase in the teaser payouts.

"Lower juice" doesn't make a teaser any more or any less attractive to a bettor (since teasing a game that is lined +8 -110 is no different than teasing a game lined +8 +100), so getting rid of the bonus on teasers is actually a big step back as far as their attractiveness to bettors is concerned.

Since the premise for eliminating the bonus lines was to focus on lower juice lines, and since lower juice has no benefit or appeal for the teaser bettor, you should consider reinstating the bonus system for teasers.
    Last edited by Halifax; 10-30-10 at 12:28 PM.

bookie

It's still impossible to get a 2H CFB wager in at ParlayMakers. If one line changes, even if it's not the game you're betting, the software thinks there has been a change in your game and won't let you bet it.

First 12