thebaibol
    thebaibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Countries with less % of taxation on winnings

Which are the countries where you must pay les taxes for your yearly winnings? I live in spain and its 30%!!

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Are you not allowed to deduct the losses? That sucks.

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

13% in Russia

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Canada: Zero taxes on any and all gambling/lotto winnings. On the flip side u cannot deduct losses and the highest payout for lotto was a couple weeks back for $65 million. No taxes or getiing paid immediately fees( Lump sum payment in USA is what 50%?). Canada does not have a 20 year payout system unless u are playing a "cash for life " or "$1000/day for life" game. If u take the life payments, its an annuity and taxed as income. if not the buy out is just shy of the 20 years value of payments... and no tax!

thebaibol

wow awesome!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

UK and many Commonwealth countries are 0%.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

The US taxation of gambling winnings is obscene, pure theft as people gamble with money they have already earned and paid tax on!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Canada: Zero taxes on any and all gambling/lotto winnings.
    For Canada, it’s 0% as long as sports betting / poker is not your “job.”

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    The US taxation of gambling winnings is obscene, pure theft as people gamble with money they have already earned and paid tax on!
    I absolutely agree with you that taxation of gambling winnings is wrong & unfair. However, claiming that "people gamble with money they have already earned and paid tax on" is a very sweeping statement. True for many, no doubt, but certainly not for all.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    I absolutely agree with you that taxation of gambling winnings is wrong & unfair. However, claiming that "people gamble with money they have already earned and paid tax on" is a very sweeping statement. True for many, no doubt, but certainly not for all.
    House makes 10% on slots, 2% on table games. Government keeps 20-30% of profits usually or more. Players hardly ever win. When they do, we must pay 25% of it to the government. When we have losing years we are not able to carry that forward to offset future wins or previous year losses, yet they allow you to carry forward 3k in stock investment loss and other "investments" which are also essentially a "gamble".

The US is bullshit when it comes to taxation on gambling.

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    House makes 10% on slots, 2% on table games. Government keeps 20-30% of profits usually or more. Players hardly ever win. When they do, we must pay 25% of it to the government. When we have losing years we are not able to carry that forward to offset future wins or previous year losses, yet they allow you to carry forward 3k in stock investment loss and other "investments" which are also essentially a "gamble".

Think we have crossed wires here, brother. Absolutely agree that taxation of gambling winnings is wrong and shouldn't happen.

My point was that many people don't actually earn the money they gamble. I know people who collect dole (welfare) and gamble/drink/snort/inject it instead of putting food on the table for their kids etc. They haven't earned (or paid tax on) this money is what I'm saying.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Canada is 0% unless you do it for a living.

Kaplan
    Kaplan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

The US is bullshit when it comes to taxation on the little man.

Sancte
    Sancte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I'll work off of most of the info placed in this thread already. Almost every country except the US and the Philippines* do not tax gambling winnings. Gambling is illegal in China and India*. In Canada it is taxed if your main occupation and I believe it is more than 13% in Russia at a certain point. I'm surprised to hear it's 30% in Spain esp considering many schengen countries don't tax gambling winnings. India * is too complicated for a tl;dr version and Philippines doesn't tax overseas income so...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by Sancte View Post
    I'll work off of most of the info placed in this thread already. Almost every country except the US and the Philippines* do not tax gambling winnings. Gambling is illegal in China and India*. In Canada it is taxed if your main occupation and I believe it is more than 13% in Russia at a certain point. I'm surprised to hear it's 30% in Spain esp considering many schengen countries don't tax gambling winnings. India * is too complicated for a tl;dr version and Philippines doesn't tax overseas income so...
    I don't think Spain taxes end user winnings.

Did not know about Russia but also thought it was just USA and a small handful of outliers that did.

thebaibol

Same in Spain

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't think Spain taxes end user winnings.

Did not know about Russia but also thought it was just USA and a small handful of outliers that did.
    Yes it is, I'm spanish living in Spain. I made 10.775 net profit in 2017 and had to pay 2.945 in taxes for that. Not fair. In the end the solution must be in buying foreign accounts i guess

VladimirDM
    VladimirDM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Poland 12% of the winning amount, Germany 5%

VladimirDM
    VladimirDM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ukraine is 0%

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirDM View Post
    Ukraine is 0%
    Thx for info

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by thebaibol View Post

Yes it is, I'm spanish living in Spain. I made 10.775 net profit in 2017 and had to pay 2.945 in taxes for that. Not fair. In the end the solution must be in buying foreign accounts i guess
    Ugly

InsiderHer
    InsiderHer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5923

Who needs a country when you can bet Offshore = 0%

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by InsiderHer View Post

How does this work? Which postal address you put on the betting site? and country?

robixon71
    robixon71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Chile 0%

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Ukraine is 0%
    Limits are low though, yes?
    1000 hrivna? (30$)

Quote Originally Posted by InsiderHer View Post
    Offshore books limit you. Local bookmakers more safe also.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 06-29-19 at 02:06 AM.

enzo
    enzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I live in morocco and there is 0% tax but there is only one local bookie here reduced odd but high limits

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Poland 12% of the winning amount, Germany 5%
    Germany 0%

The 5% tax has to be paid by the book

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Germany 0%

The 5% tax has to be paid by the book
    very nice. pfff so shit to live in Spain...

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

very nice. pfff so shit to live in Spain...
    Yes but it's sort of a grey area when you do it for living. Some say this, some say that. If you do poker for living, especially participation in tournaments, the Federal Fiscal Court ruled that it's taxable. But for sports betting there have not been any comparable cases yet.

There is a German lawyer who makes a good point in a statement about whether professional sports betting is taxable or not and she finally concludes 'it's not' because a fundamental aspect of a profession is missing, the so-called "participation in the general economic traffic". (translated version)

Other lawyers say this aspect wouldn't matter because the only thing what counts is that you earn money on a regular basis with a view to make profit.

So as there are no court decisions about whether professional sports betting is taxable or not it's still a legal grey area but I did not meet one pro in Germany yet who pays taxes.

However, what is indisputable is that you don't have to pay any tax at all if you do it just for fun. The 5% tax has to be paid by the book. Some books pass the tax to the player, others don't.

MLBfan88
    MLBfan88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Netherlands, where I live, has 29% tax on monthly net winnings. The bad thing is, losing months are not deductable. A pretty shitty system if you ask me. Win 2000 in January, lose 2000 in February and you still have to pay 580 euro over a break even situation....
    Points Awarded:

lonnie55 gave MLBfan88 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan88 View Post
    Netherlands, where I live, has 29% tax on monthly net winnings. The bad thing is, losing months are not deductable. A pretty shitty system if you ask me. Win 2000 in January, lose 2000 in February and you still have to pay 580 euro over a break even situation....
    ufffff Spain was like that for 2-3 years... total disaster. People betting big, overall year: winnigs 160.000, loss 158.000. That means losses of -2.000. But you had to pay taxes for 160.000!!! families ruined

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Yes but it's sort of a grey area when you do it for living. Some say this, some say that. If you do poker for living, especially participation in tournaments, the Federal Fiscal Court ruled that it's taxable. But for sports betting there have not been any comparable cases yet.

There is a German lawyer who makes a good point in a statement about whether professional sports betting is taxable or not and she finally concludes 'it's not' because a fundamental aspect of a profession is missing, the so-called "participation in the general economic traffic". (translated version)

Other lawyers say this aspect wouldn't matter because the only thing what counts is that you earn money on a regular basis with a view to make profit.

So as there are no court decisions about whether professional sports betting is taxable or not it's still a legal grey area but I did not meet one pro in Germany yet who pays taxes.

However, what is indisputable is that you don't have to pay any tax at all if you do it just for fun. The 5% tax has to be paid by the book. Some books pass the tax to the player, others don't.
    I do it for fun and I had to pay looots of taxes so if anyone from germany or UK wants to sell me an account can contact me PM, i pay good

tingasdt
    tingasdt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

ufffff Spain was like that for 2-3 years... total disaster. People betting big, overall year: winnigs 160.000, loss 158.000. That means losses of -2.000. But you had to pay taxes for 160.000!!! families ruined

Jaja... eso cambió amigo... hubo un apostador que logró tumbar esa barbaridad en un Tribunal de Justicia y desde entonces a jugadores previos a 2011 eso les fue corregido.

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by tingasdt View Post
    Jaja... eso cambió amigo... hubo un apostador que logró tumbar esa barbaridad en un Tribunal de Justicia y desde entonces a jugadores previos a 2011 eso les fue corregido.
    ya ya, por eso decía que pasó durante 2-3 años solo. Imaginate que en Holanda es así ahora...

thebaibol

Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan88 View Post
    Also bet365 don't allow players from Holland, right?
    Less xtc and weed and more gambling hehehe

123 Last