bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Prop Bets when a player doesn't even play

Is my book going to grade a prop I just wagered void because the guy hasn't even gone into the game yet? I didn't see anything on the page when I made the bet that stated he must play. So really it's not my fault a book is dumb enough to put a prop up for a player I knew was hardly going to see the field if at all.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9189

Depends on the type of prop and the books rules.

If it's a future more than about 3 days ahead of the event it's often action no matter what.

But a game day prop will usually have a term that the runner must start for action. (taking the field at all at any time would be considered starting)

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Depends on the type of prop and the books rules.

If it's a future more than about 3 days ahead of the event it's often action no matter what.

But a game day prop will usually have a term that the runner must start for action. (taking the field at all at any time would be considered starting)
    In what sport would "taking the field at anytime" be considered starting???

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

It was a prop for a total on rushing yards involving one player. There was nothing listed that he had to play for action. Waiting to see how they grade it. I mean if someone bet the over on a similar bet and they grade it as a loss that's total bs if they grade this as no action.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    It was a prop for a total on rushing yards involving one player. There was nothing listed that he had to play for action. Waiting to see how they grade it. I mean if someone bet the over on a similar bet and they grade it as a loss that's total bs if they grade this as no action.
    what book? id bet that in the house rules it says they must play for action.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post

In what sport would "taking the field at anytime" be considered starting???
    For a prop bet a football player coming on for a few minutes at any time in the game would be considered as starting for the bet purposes. As opposed to starting the game. I added that to try to avoid confusion

He didnt mention the sport but I was guessing it might be football. And he mentioned the player may only have a few minutes.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Just check their rules page for football. it wont be that long to read and should be covered.

And why are you imaging they would grade "winners" void and "losers" as action??? Is this some sort of dodgy book you are using?

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Every book I've seen that offers that sort of bet requires the player to play in the game for the bet to have action.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    For a prop bet a football player coming on for a few minutes at any time in the game would be considered as starting for the bet purposes. As opposed to starting the game. I added that to try to avoid confusion

He didnt mention the sport but I was guessing it might be football. And he mentioned the player may only have a few minutes.
    Are you sure you are correct? What are you basing that on? That doesnt really make sense and in that case it should say "must play" and not "must start".

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post

Are you sure you are correct? What are you basing that on? That doesnt really make sense and in that case it should say "must play" and not "must start".
    Yeah I probably should not have used the word start to begin with. I was trying to be generic as he hadnt specified a sport. Runner must start is common wording for many sports.

The player must play is what I meant in a football match.

Maydschi
    Maydschi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1995

Hi,
    what about the „must play“ rule if the player I bet on (receiving yards) didn‘t play one snap on the offense but came to the field to play on special teams?

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

@Maydschi--is that a genuine scenario that you have, or are you being hypothetical? Because that is an interesting one. When a book makes one of those prop bets for player yards, it is usually a player who has at least a bit part in a teams' offense, but players do get injured (thus the "player must play for one play" caveat, but if a player is hurt I can't imagine him being out there on special teams and running the risk of getting knocked around more. Let us know if that is a ruling that you are awaiting, because I am curious as to how that will turn out.

Maydschi

Happened yesterday, bet on Richie James jr over 12,5 receiving yards but he only worked as a punt returner.

Maydschi

That‘s the answer I got from Pinnacle:

Dear Client,

Our traders have informed that "must play" means the player must play the game.

Richie James Jr. played, so wagers have action.

You could have bet Under in order to win this props.

Best regards,
    Customer Service Department / Pinnacle

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Yeah, if he played, he played, but man--talk about a bad beat for you. Hope it wasn't a large wager.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

these days impossible to be very large due to paranoia gone viral at all books, especially for prop wagers.